Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2020

Due in February 2020

Replies

• I also keep doing tests literally must be on test number 7 lol I feel like I’m going crazy aswell think it’s just because we want it so much you worry that something will happen, I constantly want the symptoms and look out for them all but then when I get any I worry lol!!! Especially with the cramps but I think they are more when I’m feeling hungry xx
  • It’s literally all I’ve thought about since I took the test a week ago today. And because only me and dh know I feel a bit stressed when I’m out with other people incase I start to feel sick. I’ve cancelled my plans for the next two weekends 🙈
  • Im 5+2 - yesterday felt sick most of the day and completely exhausted. Cried at the drop of a hat. My boobs also felt sore and heavy, DH also pointed out that they are starting to get more veiny. Today i feel on top of the world, apart from heavy tender boobs. Does morning sickness come and go or was I genuinely just feeling a bit 'normal' sick? Defo have a shorter fuse, thats for sure!!
  • Ive also noticed I’m also needing to pee a lot more from today!!
  • Is anybody else experiencing cramps? Sometimes they are one sided sometimes across the bottom of my stomach going into top of legs like an ache lasting a few mins then going? Keep telling myself it’s just everything moving and growing/stretching but it’s worrying me slightly just hoping everything’s ok:( thinking of booking a private scan but only 5 +2 so don’t think there will be anything to see yet which would worry me more :neutral:
  • Yes I keep getting cramps intermittently! My symptoms don’t seem as strong today!! Didn’t retch on toothbrush, don’t feel as sick! Praying all is ok😩🤞🏻Xxxx
  • Amylou118 said:
    Is anybody else experiencing cramps? Sometimes they are one sided sometimes across the bottom of my stomach going into top of legs like an ache lasting a few mins then going? Keep telling myself it’s just everything moving and growing/stretching but it’s worrying me slightly just hoping everything’s ok:( thinking of booking a private scan but only 5 +2 so don’t think there will be anything to see yet which would worry me more :neutral:
    I am getting small niggly cramps, more stretchy than sore. Think it is perfectly normal though. I am booked in for a 6 week scan due to previous losses. At just over 5 weeks there'll be nothing to see apart from a yolk sac.. 6 weeks there will be a foetal pole and possibly even a heartbeat if you're lucky depending on implantation. Try and relax and wait it out to 6 weeks at least - trust me I know it's difficult!xx
  • Thank you! Yeah I’m deffinetly going to wait out as long as I can hopefully to 7 weeks and then there will be a lot more to see I’m hoping xx
  • I’ve been getting cramps on and off too. Also got a really sore back tonight x
  • My back hurts a little aswell but on a morning x
  • Hi, im pretty sure im roughly 5 weeks. predicted due date 20/02. Ive booked in to see my doctor this afternoon.. could someone tell me what to expect or what will happen as this will be my first? x
  • Hi, im pretty sure im roughly 5 weeks. predicted due date 20/02. Ive booked in to see my doctor this afternoon.. could someone tell me what to expect or what will happen as this will be my first? x
    Hi jess. Congrats. My due date is 21/02. Think Scotland is slightly different you need to phone a number and they give you a booking appointment. So I’ll be 8 weeks and I’ll go see midwife for first time, we don’t go to doctor at all. Then I’m booked in for my first scan at exactly 12 weeks which is exciting x
  • Oj19 said:
    Hi, im pretty sure im roughly 5 weeks. predicted due date 20/02. Ive booked in to see my doctor this afternoon.. could someone tell me what to expect or what will happen as this will be my first? x
    Hi jess. Congrats. My due date is 21/02. Think Scotland is slightly different you need to phone a number and they give you a booking appointment. So I’ll be 8 weeks and I’ll go see midwife for first time, we don’t go to doctor at all. Then I’m booked in for my first scan at exactly 12 weeks which is exciting x
    Thankyou, ive just got no idea what happens really and im far too early to be telling my friends or family who have done it all before & i know would be able to answer every little question x
  • Welcome @Flowerpowerscotland and @CatD1980 - congratulations to you both, so lovely to have your join the thread. 
  • It’s the same here, I went to register at my docs and book an appointment the receptionist just gave me the number for the local maternity centre who were amazing when I called. Unless you really want to see your GP I would just call and ask for the contact, the hospital also gave me a 24 hour midwife number to call if I had any worries or concerns, they will probably be more help than the GP at this point! Speaking to the midwife will put your mind at ease for sure xx
    Not sure where you are but Northern Ireland is similar to Scotland - we make a 'booking in' appointment with the midwife at roughly 8 weeks. They will go through family history, height, weight, blood pressure, urine and bloods etc then we get a dating scan at 12 weeks and an anomaly scan at 20 weeks. You may get more appointments and scans as it is your first or depending on any perceived health problems you may have. I hope I've been of some help xx
  • I am in Ireland and I called my GP, booked an appointment - they took my urine, blood, she explained all the options about private/public and how combined cate with GP works, talked about dos and don'ts, gave me a list of consultants in the local hospital, said if I decide to go private to just go ahead and call the consultant and book my first appointment. I called and they do first appointment with a scan at 8 weeks, so counting down :smile:
  • Thank you all so much, i'm in England and had no idea what i was supposed to do so when i rang the doctors she just booked me in, never mentioned a midwife or maternity centre. Hopefully the doctor will let me know what to do next. Trying not to get too excited with it being really early but i cant concentrate on anything else :D:) x
  • Thank you all so much, i'm in England and had no idea what i was supposed to do so when i rang the doctors she just booked me in, never mentioned a midwife or maternity centre. Hopefully the doctor will let me know what to do next. Trying not to get too excited with it being really early but i cant concentrate on anything else :D:) x
    I’m the same it’s all in thinking about. Not telling family until 9 weeks and then everyone else after scan.x
  • Evening all, I've not had chance to get on these forums with a 1 year old already! I think I'm 6 weeks and 5 days. Today I had like brown discharge in my underwear, not loads.. and only in my underwear not when I wipe. I have been booked in for a scan on Monday when I will be 7 weeks and 5 days to check. My anxiety is so bad right now. Has anyone experienced this? I'm terrified for them to tell me there's no heart beat :(