Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2020

Due in February 2020

Replies

• loua228 said:
    hi I am new to made for mums and due 1st February 2020. I Haven’t found out what am having so am so excited for February and already have a 3 year old little boy. 
    Louise 
    Welcome! I'm due 3rd Feb, first child and we don't know what we're having either. How have you found your pregnancy so far? xx
  • loua228 said:
    hi I am new to made for mums and due 1st February 2020. I Haven’t found out what am having so am so excited for February and already have a 3 year old little boy. 
    Louise 
    Welcome! I'm due 3rd Feb, first child and we don't know what we're having either. How have you found your pregnancy so far? xx
    Hi Vicky. I am finding it’s going really fast this time and abit more tiring than last time running after my little boy ha ha. Such a nice surprise do you have an idea what your having? Am thinking girl this time for me x 
  • loua228 said:
    loua228 said:
    Louise 
    Hi Vicky. I am finding it’s going really fast this time and abit more tiring than last time running after my little boy ha ha. Such a nice surprise do you have an idea what your having? Am thinking girl this time for me x 
    Hahaa I'll bet that's tiring!

Well, all the typical signs seem to say boy with barely any morning sickness/nausea etc but I just don't have any inkling! I've also got such a small unnoticeable bump so people can't even tell I'm pregnant really :(
  • loua228 said:
    loua228 said:
    Louise 

Well, all the typical signs seem to say boy with barely any morning sickness/nausea etc but I just don't have any inkling! I've also got such a small unnoticeable bump so people can't even tell I'm pregnant really :(
    loua228 said:
    loua228 said:
    Louise 

It’s so exciting not knowing I think. Aww me too I have had growth scans with both pregnancies and last time my little boy was 7lb 15oz so far from small we must just have stronger stomach muscles ☺️ Ha ha x 
  • Hi everyone, it's the annual MadeForMums Awards soon, and we're looking for judges to test out a variety of products for pregnant women, babies and parents (Buggies! Wipes! Baby carriers! 100s of products!). To signup to be in with the chance of being a judge, please see Latest Discussions. 🤞
  • What’s going on @ MadeForMums today? 

We’d love to know if you’ll be doing any Black Friday shopping - come and tell us by checking out the thread on Latest Discussions

And in the run up to Christmas, do you do Elf on the Shelf? If so, enter our Elf on the Shelf Competition! WE have 24 prizes to give away! Find out all the details for how to enter here

• Any of you ladies had constant colds and viruses since being pregnant? I’ve decided that this is how I’m going to feel for the next 3 months!! Sick of feeling sick 🤢 xx
  • Rach94 said:
    Any of you ladies had constant colds and viruses since being pregnant? I’ve decided that this is how I’m going to feel for the next 3 months!! Sick of feeling sick 🤢 xx
    Oh bless you! I can't say I have experienced it but I'm definitely counting down the days to maternity leave 🤣
  • Rach94 said:
    Any of you ladies had constant colds and viruses since being pregnant? I’ve decided that this is how I’m going to feel for the next 3 months!! Sick of feeling sick 🤢 xx
    I've currently got an upper respiratory tract infection, basically a viral cough and cold but it's absolutely floored me, coughing so much I feel like I'll throw up, ribs sore from coughing, achy, hot and cold and totally congested to the point I can't smell or taste anything. Feeling absolutely miserable and so sorry for myself, 31 weeks this week. Go on maternity leave soon but off work as there would be no way I'd be functional anywhere right now! Hope you feel better soon xx
  • Product Test Opportunity! 
    We are looking for 10 parents/carers of children, age approx 6-11 to test a CarGoSeat which is a Group 3 booster seat worth £54.99. There’s a £200 Amazon voucher prize for one of the testers too! To read more about this product test and signup, please head to Latest Discussions
  • Hi all, would like your opinions please!
    The nhs website says you should have antenatal appointments for your first pregnancy at 28,31,34 and 36 weeks. 
    I had an appointment at 29 weeks and the next isn’t booked till 33+5 (currently 30+4). So essentially I’ll end up missing one out. Apparently they can’t fit me in!

I’m low risk but at my last appointment the bump was measured and was plotted on the graph above the 90th percentile line and the white blood cells in my urine we’re slightly high but apparently this is quite normal. 
    Do you think I should insist they get me an appointment, I’m happy to go to a different location if needed!? They didn’t seem to fussed or worried when they scheduled my next appointment so I don’t know whether to make a fuss or not. 

Thanks in advance! X
  • Zola89 said:
    Hi all, would like your opinions please!
    The nhs website says you should have antenatal appointments for your first pregnancy at 28,31,34 and 36 weeks. 
    I had an appointment at 29 weeks and the next isn’t booked till 33+5 (currently 30+4). So essentially I’ll end up missing one out. Apparently they can’t fit me in!

I’m low risk but at my last appointment the bump was measured and was plotted on the graph above the 90th percentile line and the white blood cells in my urine we’re slightly high but apparently this is quite normal. 
    Do you think I should insist they get me an appointment, I’m happy to go to a different location if needed!? They didn’t seem to fussed or worried when they scheduled my next appointment so I don’t know whether to make a fuss or not. 

Thanks in advance! X
    Hello, you are right! However, it is probably a result of under staffing.. But saying that, I would definitely call up and ask for an appointment. I don't believe they can refuse it. There's no harm in asking and you can say you would feel reassured doing it. I was measuring 2 weeks behind on my first pregnancy around 30 weeks so they gave me a growth scan at 34 weeks - although, she still measured 2 weeks behind right up until birth they didn't actually do anything! This time (second pregnancy) I am having serial scanning every 3 weeks to check weight x
  • Hi everyone, we wanted to stop by and wish you all a Happy New Year. The babies from Due in Jan 2020 are coming thick and fast now, so we wanted to see how you guys are and if there's been any early arrivals? 
  • Nope! Just under 4 weeks to go though!

I also had my baby shower on the Sunday just gone. Things are certainly becoming very very real!😂

At the last midwife appointment on the 23rd December the baby was still breech so if it’s still breech at the next one on the 15th then they’re going to book me in to see if they can try and turn the baby otherwise it’s a c-section for me😓

I also had my baby shower on the Sunday just gone. Things are certainly becoming very very real!😂

At the last midwife appointment on the 23rd December the baby was still breech so if it’s still breech at the next one on the 15th then they’re going to book me in to see if they can try and turn the baby otherwise it’s a c-section for me😓
    Not long to go! I have my baby shower on the 1st Feb - late but it's the only time everyone can make it!! So I'd like that on the Saturday then for baby to make an appearance shortly after haha! 

Oh no breech - hopefully they manage to turn baby!!

Not long to go! I have my baby shower on the 1st Feb - late but it's the only time everyone can make it!! So I'd like that on the Saturday then for baby to make an appearance shortly after haha! 

Oh no breech - hopefully they manage to turn baby!!
    Better late than never hahaa!

I sure hope the baby turns itself or will stay turned if they manage to manually turn it. Can’t be dealing with 6+ weeks of no driving etc. I’m now on annual leave for 4 weeks and then my maternity starts on the 3rd Feb (which is my due date!). 2 days in and I’m already bored😅

Spent half of today clearing out and starting to arrange the baby’s room. Very emotional folding all the little baby clothes I must admit😅
  • Hi everyone, we wanted to stop by and wish you all a Happy New Year. The babies from Due in Jan 2020 are coming thick and fast now, so we wanted to see how you guys are and if there's been any early arrivals? 
    Nope no signs yet I am 36+3 I had my first at 38 weeks but trying not have that amount of weeks in my head to get my hopes up too much. Desperate to know now if boy or girl x 
  • @loua228 have you tried the Chinese Gender predicting chart? It's a bit of fun, but got my 2 right! How you doing @Vickyellisxo any sign of baby turning? 
  • The chinese gender predicting chart was wrong for #1 and right for #2!
  • @loua228 have you tried the Chinese Gender predicting chart? It's a bit of fun, but got my 2 right! How you doing @Vickyellisxo any sign of baby turning? 
    Still not sure at the moment! I feel like perhaps our little one is having a good little swim around because some days I feel hiccups bottom left, but recently I’ve felt them top right a couple times!

I’ve got another midwife appointment on Wednesday so we’ll know for sure then x