Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2020

Replies

• AmyD0620AmyD0620 Regular
    edited Feb 13, 2020 3:45PM
    @DaniFeb20 - Hiya, thanks for the message. The sweeps went much better than anticipated in terms of them being much less uncomfortable than my previous experiences. Unfortunately they don’t seem to have kickstarted anything though 😞 I had a complete emotional meltdown last night, literally sobbing to meet my daughter and wanting some signs to happen so that I could at least feel like something is happening. I could have been induced this Saturday but our current youngest is having an already delayed birthday sleepover and I couldn’t justify making the decision to postpone it just because I’ve had enough of waiting for baby. The next date however was Wednesday 19th for Induction so that’s when I’m booked for. Think I lost a bit of the plug today though nothing significant - clear stringy stuff but definitely more than the normal discharge. Got my hopes up all over again! My thighs and pelvis are so damn painful now and as you can probably tell, I’m feeling more than a little sorry for myself having reached the 41 week mark today. I felt totally wiped out this afternoon too so slept for an hour but could easily have snoozed for longer but the school run beckoned. Sorry to be such a long winded whinge bag 🤦🏻‍♀️ XX
  • My beautiful big girl arrived yesterday 12-02-20 at 12.02pm! Kahli mae weighing 8lb 1oz xx
  • Rach94 said:
    My beautiful big girl arrived yesterday 12-02-20 at 12.02pm! Kahli mae weighing 8lb 1oz xx
    Beautiful 😍 congratulations hope you're all doing well 😍
  • Thank you we’re all fine and home now with a very excited big sister! 
  • Hi! So I was due 19th!!! Baby Alfie arrived 10th after a very quick labour & delivery of 3 1/2 hours!!! 7lbs 5ozs💙🥰

• Rach94 said:
    Thank you we’re all fine and home now with a very excited big sister! 
    Oh bless her. How old is she again?
  • CatD1980 said:
    Hi! So I was due 19th!!! Baby Alfie arrived 10th after a very quick labour & delivery of 3 1/2 hours!!! 7lbs 5ozs💙🥰

Aww Congratulations!! Slightly jealous that you went early 😭🤣 I'm due Monday and so ready now.. I'll probably end up fully over due 😭 he's gorgeous! 
  • CatD1980 said:
    Hi! So I was due 19th!!! Baby Alfie arrived 10th after a very quick labour & delivery of 3 1/2 hours!!! 7lbs 5ozs💙🥰

Aww Congratulations!! Slightly jealous that you went early 😭🤣 I'm due Monday and so ready now.. I'll probably end up fully over due 😭 he's gorgeous! 
    Thank you!! I was getting frustrated too so had sweep at 37+1 & again at 38+1, felt rough all weekend, agitated, restless, then woke Monday morning with contractions!! The waiting is a killer, hopefully you’ll go soon😘😘xxx
  • CatD1980 said:
    CatD1980 said:

Thank you!! I was getting frustrated too so had sweep at 37+1 & again at 38+1, felt rough all weekend, agitated, restless, then woke Monday morning with contractions!! The waiting is a killer, hopefully you’ll go soon😘😘xxx
    Oh wow.. they won't give sweeps here until 40+7 :( I'm only 39+3 so a while to go.. 
  • Rach94 said:
    She’s 5! Even got up early this morning to help get her ready before she went to school 😍 
  • Congratulations to all you Mummas who have welcomed your new additions 🥰 I’m not envious in the slightest 🤐 Have decided to go for a 3rd sweep today, although with a different MW as mine is on annual leave now until my induction date. We have a birthday sleepover organised for tomorrow night for our current youngest so could all be very interesting 🤦🏻‍♀️ Really hoping for some action today/tonight so I can be home with the newbie and ready to do foot massages and pizza for 4 x 7 year olds and 2 x 10 year olds! 
  • Rach94 said:
    Rach94 said:
    She’s 5! Even got up early this morning to help get her ready before she went to school 😍 
    Oh how adorable!! 
  • AmyD0620 said:
    Congratulations to all you Mummas who have welcomed your new additions 🥰 I’m not envious in the slightest 🤐 Have decided to go for a 3rd sweep today, although with a different MW as mine is on annual leave now until my induction date. We have a birthday sleepover organised for tomorrow night for our current youngest so could all be very interesting 🤦🏻‍♀️ Really hoping for some action today/tonight so I can be home with the newbie and ready to do foot massages and pizza for 4 x 7 year olds and 2 x 10 year olds! 
    Good luck for 3rd sweep! Maybe being pregnant will be easier than having a newborn for the sleepover tomorrow though! My sister had her baby Tuesday so I am definitely counting the days now lol 
    edited Feb 15, 2020 2:58PM
    Any more updates from any of you Mummas? Would love to hear any news 🙂 I had the 3rd sweep yesterday which was apparently very successful and the MW’s glove came away with a fair bit of “show” on it. Have continued to have more each time I wipe after the loo and soooo much pressure down below and in my bottom. Was up during the night for a few BMs - not loose or anything but felt like my body appreciated the clear out 😆 Do you think I’m on my way soon? Trying not to get my hopes up too much but am so desperate for that first cuddle with my little scrumplet 🥰 I hope you’re all doing okay xx
  • AmyD0620 said:
    Any more updates from any of you Mummas? Would love to hear any news 🙂 I had the 3rd sweep yesterday which was apparently very successful and the MW’s glove came away with a fair bit of “show” on it. Have continued to have more each time I wipe after the loo and soooo much pressure down below and in my bottom. Was up during the night for a few BMs - not loose or anything but felt like my body appreciated the clear out 😆 Do you think I’m on my way soon? Trying not to get my hopes up too much but am so desperate for that first cuddle with my little scrumplet 🥰 I hope you’re all doing okay xx
    I was up 1-5am with awful back pain - I've still got it but I don't think it's anything significant unfortunately :( I'm due Monday! I'm so fed up.. lack of sleep and now back pain. I just want baby here :( 
  • @SecondDueFebruary2020 I totally know where you’re coming from. Despite thinking I’d mentally prepared for going over with this one, based on our other 2, I think my mind had secretly been expecting her to be more on schedule 😞 Certainly didn’t expect to still be carrying at 41+2. The house is full of hyperactive, very loud children tonight and I am on the verge of dissolving into tears because I’m just so tired. Literally counting down the hours to being able to put them all to bed (assuming they’ll even go to sleep!) so I can just collapse on the sofa. My period pains aren’t helping but I don’t want to use my ball today incase it encourages labour to start tonight with all my daughter’s friends here! I hope you don’t have to wait too long past your due date. Sending contracting vibes your way 😉 xx
  • AmyD0620 said:
    @SecondDueFebruary2020 I totally know where you’re coming from. Despite thinking I’d mentally prepared for going over with this one, based on our other 2, I think my mind had secretly been expecting her to be more on schedule 😞 Certainly didn’t expect to still be carrying at 41+2. The house is full of hyperactive, very loud children tonight and I am on the verge of dissolving into tears because I’m just so tired. Literally counting down the hours to being able to put them all to bed (assuming they’ll even go to sleep!) so I can just collapse on the sofa. My period pains aren’t helping but I don’t want to use my ball today incase it encourages labour to start tonight with all my daughter’s friends here! I hope you don’t have to wait too long past your due date. Sending contracting vibes your way 😉 xx
    I agree - I have been like "yeah completely prepared to go over" when reading on google it's less common. So now tomorrow is my due date and I'm like no, not  fair lol. How did last night go? Did they sleep? 

So we are on red warning for rain with most access roads shut off due to flooding so as much as I really want baby here - the only hospital I can get to safely isn't the one I want to go to as I don't feel safe there! So hoping if I go in to labour today, it's when they roads have cleared a bit! xx
  • AmyD0620 said:
    @SecondDueFebruary2020 I totally know where you’re coming from. Despite thinking I’d mentally prepared for going over with this one, based on our other 2, I think my mind had secretly been expecting her to be more on schedule 😞 Certainly didn’t expect to still be carrying at 41+2. The house is full of hyperactive, very loud children tonight and I am on the verge of dissolving into tears because I’m just so tired. Literally counting down the hours to being able to put them all to bed (assuming they’ll even go to sleep!) so I can just collapse on the sofa. My period pains aren’t helping but I don’t want to use my ball today incase it encourages labour to start tonight with all my daughter’s friends here! I hope you don’t have to wait too long past your due date. Sending contracting vibes your way 😉 xx
    I agree - I have been like "yeah completely prepared to go over" when reading on google it's less common. So now tomorrow is my due date and I'm like no, not  fair lol. How did last night go? Did they sleep? 

So we are on red warning for rain with most access roads shut off due to flooding so as much as I really want baby here - the only hospital I can get to safely isn't the one I want to go to as I don't feel safe there! So hoping if I go in to labour today, it's when they roads have cleared a bit! xx
    AmyD0620 said:

Oh no, that’s all you need to be worrying about at this stage! Bloody Sod’s law rearing it’s ugly head again 😠 

The sleepover went without toooo much chaos although it was VERY loud! I was up so much in the night with the worst restless legs that had me trying to sob quietly for fear of waking my other half up. So I’m exhausted today. Off to my Mum & Dad’s for an impromptu nice home cooked dinner later which I’m looking forward to - hopefully a more relaxing afternoon will get my mind and body in the right place to then go into labour 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Feeling a bit low because I seem to have stopped feeling so many crampy/period type pains now 😞

I really hope the roads situation is sorted for you soon - it’s so important to feel like you’re in the “right place” when it’s time to have the baby xx
  • @AmyD0620 So glad you made it through the party! But eesh.. really feeling for you and all these sweeps and minimal progression. I suppose we have to trust that our babies know what they're doing.. or at least our bodies do, right? 

@SecondDueFebruary2020 I'm ready for tomorrow as well! How's your sister doing with her little one? I have a sweep with the midwife tomorrow, but starting to question how successful that might be! Only thing keeping me sane is knowing that they won't let me go to 41 weeks.

Been having loads of low abdominal throbbing and discomfort but nothing to suggest proper contractions, just thinning I think. It was weird though as I woke up today feeling ready to go and so thought this would be it, but nope. Just false hope!
    edited Feb 16, 2020 9:58PM
    Soooo I’m hoping I may be having some definite progress - I think my waters have been trickling since about 8pm... Spoken to the MW - she said to keep an eye on it as hopefully with the stage I’m at (41+3), they would expect labour to naturally start overnight. If it doesn’t, I have to ring again at 8am tomorrow because they will want to check me to see if they need to start me off. Praying this is the start of my hoped for natural labour 🙏