Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2020

Replies

• Happy due date @SecondDueFebruary2020
    And Hello @AmyD0620 anything happen overnight? 
  • So our beautiful girl made an appearance today on her due date😍 Grace born at 11:13 this morning weighing in at 7lb 15oz 🥰🥰
  • So our beautiful girl made an appearance today on her due date😍 Grace born at 11:13 this morning weighing in at 7lb 15oz 🥰🥰
    Aww 😍 congrats! Hope you all settle in well! x
  • Ah wow @SecondDueFebruary2020 what lovely news! Huge congratulations- I hope it all went really well 🥰 

@DanielleMFM - I’ve had contractions (or what I think are contractions!) since late morning today and according to my app they’re averaging about 6-7 minutes apart and lasting roughly a minute. Just spoke to the MW who said to go in at 8pm for some monitoring. They don’t seem bothered at all! 
  • AmyD0620 said:
    Soooo I’m hoping I may be having some definite progress - I think my waters have been trickling since about 8pm... Spoken to the MW - she said to keep an eye on it as hopefully with the stage I’m at (41+3), they would expect labour to naturally start overnight. If it doesn’t, I have to ring again at 8am tomorrow because they will want to check me to see if they need to start me off. Praying this is the start of my hoped for natural labour 🙏
    Hope no news is good news for you! I just had my first sweep and can’t believe you went through so many of these. Midwife had a lot of show on her glove and I’ve had to put a pad on due to so much blood and show but never again! Hope you’ve seen the last of yours and are now just awaiting or cuddling a newborn!
  • @DaniFeb20 - No they’re not pleasant are they - glad mine are over! Sadly no baby yet (see my post updates a bit further up 😞) xx
  • AmyD0620 said:
    @DaniFeb20 - No they’re not pleasant are they - glad mine are over! Sadly no baby yet (see my post updates a bit further up 😞) xx
    It wasn’t at all what I expected, that’s for sure. Aw sorry to hear.. you’ve had such a tough final stretch of days. But the contractions sound promising? Fingers crossed for you
    Lovely news! Congratulations 💗💗💗💗💗
  • AmyD0620 said:
    Ah wow @SecondDueFebruary2020 what lovely news! Huge congratulations- I hope it all went really well 🥰 

@DanielleMFM - I’ve had contractions (or what I think are contractions!) since late morning today and according to my app they’re averaging about 6-7 minutes apart and lasting roughly a minute. Just spoke to the MW who said to go in at 8pm for some monitoring. They don’t seem bothered at all! 
    It happened super quick!! Thank you 🥰 

Have your pains come to anything? I hope so?! We came in at 4am with pains around 5 mins apart and was sent home at 7am 2cm dilated! Got home at 8, was back out the house at 9, in hosp for 9.30 fully dilated and baby born at 11:13! So I'm really hoping yours has progressed !! 🤞
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    AmyD0620 said:
    Soooo I’m hoping I may be having some definite progress - I think my waters have been trickling since about 8pm... Spoken to the MW - she said to keep an eye on it as hopefully with the stage I’m at (41+3), they would expect labour to naturally start overnight. If it doesn’t, I have to ring again at 8am tomorrow because they will want to check me to see if they need to start me off. Praying this is the start of my hoped for natural labour 🙏
    Hope no news is good news for you! I just had my first sweep and can’t believe you went through so many of these. Midwife had a lot of show on her glove and I’ve had to put a pad on due to so much blood and show but never again! Hope you’ve seen the last of yours and are now just awaiting or cuddling a newborn!
    How you doing after your sweep? I got checked yesterday and was 2cm, following that 2 hours later I had what I think was my show and baby came 2 hours later again! So it could be a good sign for you!! 
  • @SecondDueFebruary2020 at my sweep I was 50% effaced, 1cm cervix still. I was very restless through the night with varying discomfort and this morning as well. I can't tell if it's progression or just reacting to the sweep. I almost wish I hadn't bothered with the sweep because I was feeling so good, but if it helps prevent induction--.

What was cute was because she's such a big baby I got to be a guinea pig for the student midwives to learn how to feel where the baby is (was at hosp rather than gp due to bp monitoring). 

How's are you settling in? Glad to hear everything was nice and smooth! Did you have contractions for a while before they became regularly or did she let you sleep until it was too intense?
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Feb 18, 2020 10:31AM
    Wow @SecondDueFebruary2020 that is such a quick labour- amazing! You contracted so quickly. Are you guys home yet? Huge congratulations, and we'd love to see a pic of Grace, if you fancy sharing one. 

I have as still due, @Bluenose24 @Flowerpowerscotland @AmyD0620 @DaniFeb20 @loua228 @RebeccaD09 - does that sound right? 

• Congratulations on all of the births. I am due on Saturday and being induced if not here before then. 3rd baby and first time being induced, very nervous about what to expect. Does anyone have any experience of inductions? I had a sweep last Thursday and one again on Sunday, I was 25% effaced, cervix 1cm long and 2cm dilated. Had lots of show coming away and period type pains and aches but nothing else. Was hoping it wouldn’t come to induction but starting to think it’s going to. Xxx
    Oh I only just seen that you had had your little girl. Congratulations and what a lovely name bet she’s fab xx
  • Wow @SecondDueFebruary2020 that is such a quick labour- amazing! You contracted so quickly. Are you guys home yet? Huge congratulations, and we'd love to see a pic of Grace, if you fancy sharing one. 

I have as still due, @Bluenose24 @Flowerpowerscotland @AmyD0620 @DaniFeb20 @loua228 @RebeccaD09 - does that sound right? 

@DanielleMFM I delivered baby Jack on  6th February 🥰 xx 
  • Wow @SecondDueFebruary2020 that is such a quick labour- amazing! You contracted so quickly. Are you guys home yet? Huge congratulations, and we'd love to see a pic of Grace, if you fancy sharing one. 

Yeah, I’m still hanging on in here🙄🙄
  • So I finally delivered our baby girl at 2:38pm today 🥰 Too tired to share details at the moment but she weighed 8lbs 2oz and is currently without a name 🤦🏻‍♀️ Absolutely over the moon 💜
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    @SecondDueFebruary2020 at my sweep I was 50% effaced, 1cm cervix still. I was very restless through the night with varying discomfort and this morning as well. I can't tell if it's progression or just reacting to the sweep. I almost wish I hadn't bothered with the sweep because I was feeling so good, but if it helps prevent induction--.

What was cute was because she's such a big baby I got to be a guinea pig for the student midwives to learn how to feel where the baby is (was at hosp rather than gp due to bp monitoring). 

How's are you settling in? Glad to hear everything was nice and smooth! Did you have contractions for a while before they became regularly or did she let you sleep until it was too intense?

I never understand the whole effaced things they say about 🤣 fingers crossed it helps you though!! 🤞

Aww!! How big is it they are expecting? 

We are home and all settled lovely thank you 🥰 so I woke up at just before 1am Monday morning hungry so went downstairs for some toast. Then out of no where they started coming every 5-7 mins. Then every 5 mins.. lasting between 1 and 2 mins. Called midwife at 3.30 and said to go on down so I did. They suggested going home so we did (in tears) at 7.30am, got home at 8am. Went upstairs to try and rest but was awake every 5 mins contracting even stronger. We were back out the door at 9am, at the hosp for 9.30 and she was born at 11.13! I left the hosp at 7.30 2cm dilated and returned fully dilated 🙈
  • Congratulations on all of the births. I am due on Saturday and being induced if not here before then. 3rd baby and first time being induced, very nervous about what to expect. Does anyone have any experience of inductions? I had a sweep last Thursday and one again on Sunday, I was 25% effaced, cervix 1cm long and 2cm dilated. Had lots of show coming away and period type pains and aches but nothing else. Was hoping it wouldn’t come to induction but starting to think it’s going to. Xxx
    I was induced on my first at 40+12. I had a good experience in the sense that it went quick. I was induced at midday, contractions started at 1pm and baby born at 19.48! There's still time for it not to come to it though 🤞🤞
  • loua228 said:
    So our beautiful girl made an appearance today on her due date😍 Grace born at 11:13 this morning weighing in at 7lb 15oz 🥰🥰
    Oh I only just seen that you had had your little girl. Congratulations and what a lovely name bet she’s fab xx
    Thank you 🥰