Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021

Replies

• @Emma63 I’ll be 8 weeks tomorrow 😍 (anyone else round up when they get to the end of a week?! 😝) if your bump is there first thing in the morning I’d show you’ve started showing. Mine is usually gone in the morning apart from a tiny bit which others probably wouldn’t notice 
  • yeah I tend to round up. 

see I don't know as I had a bit of belly podge before I got pregnant so it's hard to tell. 

though i was able to suck in before hand and get quite a flat tummy where as now I can't 
  • @Sophie2791 in your telephonic appointment, do ask them when your first blood intake will be done. It is done to test not only Rh blood type, but also tests for  heamoglobin and vitals, and certain diseases such as HIV, chicken pox etc. This was done with my first blood test. 
  • Haha that’s our dressing room @Sophie2791 ... the last bedroom to give up 😉

Also, about your appointments, I know it’s different around the country but I had bloods done at 8 weeks last time. They do screenings, if you want them, as well as test for things such as your blood type (when you’ll find out if you’re + or -). When I had my 12 weeks scan, I then had to wait to see a midwife straight after and she did more bloods. However, I think they were for downs, Edwards and patau’s which again are down to your choice. I expect they’ll do all your bloods at the 12 wk. However, there are a couple of tests which have to be done by 10 weeks if you want them so I would ring the midwife and ask about them. If I can, I’ll send you a handy link I saw today about screenings
  • GG18GG18 Regular
    edited Jul 3, 2020 8:40PM
    https://youtu.be/_afr5olIpTM

@Sophie2791 and anyone else that’s unsure what you can/are screened for and when
  • Hey everyone. 
    I've been quiet the last few days as so unbelievably exhausted all the time and feel constantly hungover and sick. Struggling to do anything, the poor kids are suffering and getting cabin fever. 
    I have major bloat, but they say your tummy muscles relax with each subsequent pregnancy and you show sooner each time. So this is pregnancy number 7 for me, but 5th to get to this stage, so I've no hope of hiding it for much longer. I've already had a friend comment on my boobs when I literally just dropped her daughters birthday present off. The test for bloat or baby is to stand straight and suck it in, if it disappears or goes relatively flat then its bloat, if not then it's baby. 
    I really need to phone and register the pregnancy now, but I don't get a free minute with these 4 around all day every day. 

• @Timefoebaby2020 OK will do, I've never done all this before!

I've also got a preexisting heart condition, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem in pregnancy but I haven't told anyone that yet as my annual appointment with my cardiologist is always December and haven't seen anyone since. 

I was really looking forward to my meeting next week to give me some piece of mind about all that, now I'm just not sure :/
  • Also regarding bumps and bloating I've started a monthly photo today, roughly 2 months! (All going well... ) Watch this space! 
  • Also, I’ve had a tiny bit of spotting again tonight. My husband said you really have to look for it (as in it’s not bad) but the fact he can see it is something, as he usually can’t see things even if I can. I know it can be normal but still unsettling. I didn’t have any with my first pregnancy. Also I keep getting a niggling tugging/stitch feeling really low down in one side. Thankfully I’m with the midwife on Monday so might mention it to her 
  • @Sophie2791 first time for me too. In fact I have moved to this country (Netherlands) only last year, so the whole system is also new for me. In my home country, we see the ob/gynac directly, no midwife.

But here the whole process including scans are done by midwife. But thankfully the midwife unit that I registered to seem to be well experienced, they are very responsive. I can call them anytime or message them.

In your first appointment, make sure you ask them as many  questions as you have. They will also ask you about your health history and may also ask of immediate family (parents) and also of partner. 
  • @Timefoebaby2020 thanks a lot for that. I've just moved too, I've been away from the UK for over 6 years so I had to register with a GP when I got the positive test! Where are you from originally? My sister used to live in Groningen, she loved it over there.

The craziest thing about this issue is that my Dad is a GP and used to work as a OBGYN and my Mum is a Nurse practitioner and works a fair bit in women's health. But I can't bring myself to tell either of them yet!! :smiley:
  • ‘This was my bloat bump last week at 7 weeks. It belly is starting to get hard now as well . I think as it’s number 4 it may “pop” sooner then other pregnancies. 

Also I bough some spritz for nausea today and at the point I feel I’m going to actually be sick I spray and it helps I still fell nauseous but keeping things down now which is where I was struggling. Xx 
  • hey guys sorry long day at work n veryyyy busy with the holiday tomorrow.....i was pretty yucky feeling today....finally managed to choke down some food....think im gonna ask for nausea meds at the drs on monday bc i feel like im barely eatting trying to keep what i have ate down :/ ......bloated too.......but i think this pregnancy is going good
  • Post withdrawn
  • @Rainbows&BabyDust I'm exactly the same! Hangovers are never worth the night before, feels so unfair to be over a month into a totally sober constant hangover!

@Catlady220 sorry to hear you're having to resort to meds, it's never nice to have to rely on them but when needs must! Hopefully they will help.

@Mummy246 do you have the name of this spritz? I'm a total hippie so love all these alternative medicines. I've been using a peppermint essential oil that I've mixed into a balm in bed the last few nights and that's really helping in the short term :smile:
  • Butsie185Butsie185 Regular
    edited Jul 4, 2020 7:09AM
    Week 6 
    It's Saturday which means I am into a new week, I am feeling very grateful to make it another week but this one has been filling me with dread!
    In February I went for a private scan at 8 weeks and found out the baby was only measuring 6+2 but there was a heartbeat but the baby and GS were very small and I knew my dates so something felt off. At 8+3 I lost the baby which would have been 6+4. 

In April I started spotting at 6 weeks (today) and my GP referred me to the EPU. The bleeding got stronger and I went for a scan at 6+2 and there was no baby just an empty GS. They took my bloods and asked me to come back the next week for another scan. The next day, I lost the baby at 6+3.

So today I'm awake early, sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea planning things to keep me busy this week, hoping that Tuesday and Wddnesday will pass without any complications. I feel more positive, I feel relaxed and ultimately it's out of my control, what will be will be. 

Today's highlight is that I have my first hair appointment since January and I cannot wait! 

Happy weekend everyone 
  • Thinking of you @Butsie185. Hopefully this one will be your sticky bean and hope you can try and distract yourself to pass the time. I know it’s so easy to say to relax and try not to stress but it’s not easy to do. Keeping yourself busy (without overdoing it!) seems like a good way to get past this week. 
  • Morning all. I just wondered at what point you’d contact someone about spotting? I’ve had more this morning and it’s noticeable without having to squint. I’ve not got pain but conscious I’ve had spotting one and off for 5 days now and it seems to be getting more. It’s worrying me a bit. Also, who do you contact at the weekend if your GP is closed and you haven’t got a midwife contact yet? I’m not sure where my local EPU is. 
  • @GG18 If it’s making you a bit stressed I’d say contact them. However, from my experience with spotting on a Sunday I had to phone nhs24 who sent me to A&E and I had a really bad experience with a non-sympathetic triage nurse (male). That may be what you need to do as most EPU aren’t open on the weekend. But as I say if you’re feeling worried at all just give them a call and explain the situation xx
  • @GG18, a small amount of spotting is completely normal in pregnancy, and the fact that you have no cramps is really positive. Have you had sex recently? Done any exercise or lifted somethjng heavy? Your cervix is super sensitive at the moment due increased blood flow. 

Where about are you located? 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions