Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2021

Replies

• @Butsie185 I’m feeling really positive and hopeful for you that this is finally a sticky bean. Your HCG levels are doing great too! Hopefully these next couple of days will pass quickly for you and you can keep distracted to get past this milestone 

@Sophie2791 I’m in Scotland and have never had bloods or a urine sample done before the 12 week appointment- just blood pressure weight and height but obviously couldn’t have them done this time due to also having my booking appointment over the phone
  • @sophie2791 that being said, if your heart condition isn’t being monitored it might be worth just giving your midwife/EPU a call to mention it in case there’s any extra tests they do in your case
  • Thanks @Memz89x and @Butsie185. Not had sex recently and only heavy lifting I’ve been doing is lifting my toddler which is obviously unavoidable at times. I think given your advice, I’ll try hold out until I see my midwife on Monday. At the end of the day, if there was anything wrong then they can’t do anything to prevent it. Hopefully it’s just “normal” pregnancy spotting but if it gets heavier or comes with pain then I’ll ring 111 and see what they say. Thanks
  • @GG18 the fact that your seeing the midwife on Monday I would do the same as she will be much more supportive and informative for you.
    When I went to A&E at the weekend they just said keep an eye on it and told me to call my GP on Monday. 

General advice is if you a filling a pad every hour or have severe cramping then you need to go, everything else in-between is considered normal! 

Just rest up today as much as you can 

• Well then I guess I’m considered normal as it really is very light! Just so easy to worry 🙈 thanks for the reassurance, it really helps. Glad I called the midwife and managed to get seen at 8 week instead of 9
  • It may also mean that she sends you for an early scan too when you mention you have had spotting so you may get to see your bubba earlier, every cloud 🥰
  • Sophie2791 of course it’s “ my expert midwife” range and it’s called spritz for nausea. Xx 
  • Oooh I've never heard of that @Mummy246
    Does it work? I am hating this feeling at the moment, but also relishing it as I know things must be going OK. Just permantly hungover and exhausted. Not good with a toddler, preschooler, tween and a stroppy teen 😭 then the husband and mad dog add to it. 
  • Hi ladies!
    wow it sounds as though we are all feeling about as rough as eachother.. Still no actual vomiting for me but ridiculous nausea most days and for pretty much all day! Boobs are growing by the day too!  I feel far far worse than what I did with my MMC so I’m just hoping this is all a really good sign. Is anyone else just wanting carbs, carbs and more carbs?! I’m a teacher and at playtime (10:30am!!) I’ve been having to have a sandwich or some pasta or something- it’s mad. I have a private scan on Friday night so I am just crossing absolutely everything I have that all is okay. Has anyone else got scans or appointments coming up? I haven’t referred to the midwife yet as I just want to make sure all is okay and progressing well before I start the ball rolling. I think I’ll be 7 weeks on Tuesday but could be more x
  • girls in the UK, when you go to your 12wk scan do you get all the bounty packs and pack with all your information in it? 

or do you get that at a different appointment, I'm not sure if I'm going to be seeing my midwife or not 
  • Hi @KL10, I’m the same, could eat all day long! I’ve been pretty tired but apart from that nothing to complain about. I’ve got a private scan on wed...I’ll be 10 weeks. Had one at 8 weeks and everything was lovely and saw the little heartbeat so we’re looking forward to the next one. Still nervous, but think that’s to be expected 😊 hope everyone else is well xx
  • @Emma63 I got all of my info at my midwife appointment X
  • With previous pregnancies I got bounty pack at booking appointment but assuming will be at 12 week scan with this pregnancy because obviously won’t see anyone before then. All of my details are online on a dedicated maternity notes app it’s really nice actually to read over its still got everything from my pregnancy with L and his birth notes etc 😊 I have my first private scan Wednesday too @Summer1287! So excited but nervous. Typically it’s my first day back to work (earlier than planned) and I’m having to leave early so hoping that will go relatively unnoticed 🙈

Hubby said he thinks I’ve complained about feeling ill more than I did with last pregnancy so hopefully a good sign. Not for him with my moaning of course 😂

We went to view a house yesterday and it’s made us a hopefully for having our own home soon but it was missing a couple of vital things for me and now I’m worrying I’m going to be too picky and then end up going for something I don’t really want because it gets to the desperate stage 
  • @Memz89x exciting!! What times yours? X
  • 2pm, earliest appointment they had 😂 I’m going to a different clinic this time as I ended up complaining about the Sonographer at the last one 🙈 

Just really hoping everything will be ok, I’ve never had an early scan this late before but because I’m unsure of dates I really want to try and be past 8 weeks otherwise would probably just stress regardless.

My first private scan with L was great he was spot on dates, first private scan with last pregnancy i left feeling really worried because of the measurements being so far out. Hopefully this will be a better experience!

What time is yours? Xx
  • I want to book an early scan but nervous to. I hope and pray all our beans are sticking!!!!!!

found another test strip and couldn’t help myself 

@Butsie185 hoping this week passes quickly. How do you get bloods done as often as you have? Is it because of multiple mc? 
  • Mines at 1.15 so just before you! 😊 it’ll be so lovely when we’re all past the 12 week mark! X
  • Post withdrawn
  • AyeeshaB said:
    I want to book an early scan but nervous to. I hope and pray all our beans are sticking!!!!!!

found another test strip and couldn’t help myself 

@Butsie185 hoping this week passes quickly. How do you get bloods done as often as you have? Is it because of multiple mc? 
    Yep, just very lucky to have a lovely GP who agreed to do them due to previous mc. 

We are going to book an early scan at 8 weeks 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions