Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    I chose to find gender out mainly because I think I'm struggling to connect a bit to the entire pregnancy. I think once I start showing and feeling movement that will improve but for now I don't feel anything. I think knowing gender will help me start to bond and get excited and plan a bit more. Make it less surreal I suppose. I feel like everyone is far more excited for me than I actually am. 
    I feel the same but for different reasons. I feel like i can't get excited yet incase something goes wrong. I'm not sure at which stage I will be able too. I feel guilty as it isn't this babies fault, im hoping after my 12 week scan I will feel better.
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    I've had an anterior placenta with all 4. 2 boys and 2 girls. It's just meant I haven't felt them move till after 25weeks
  • Options
    Ohh I don't know much about placenta placement except privia is always a planned ceaserian. I wonder where mine is? They never said.

@Butsie185 I have a bit of that too, although I've had no previous losses I still don't want to get excited too soon but I don't know when I will feel I can. I think because I don't see or feel anything at the moment I don't have that assurance. That's why I booked the 17 weeks scan too. Hopefully then it'll all come together. 
  • Options
    Yeah previa is covering the cervix, so if it doesn't move its a cesarean. 
    Anterior is between baby and front of the uterus, so cushions everything. 
    Anywhere else is classed as normal. 
  • Options
    so I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and got a weird quick sensation in the middle lower part of my abdomen, they say you can get "quickenings" a butterfly feeling before baby actually starts kicking. do you think that might of been it. it was a weird sensation but didnt hurt, I was walking to my local shop 
  • Options
    If you have your maternity notes @Sophie2791 it should have your report from your scan and say where your placenta is. My scan report has been attached to the back of my notes (see photo). Mine is anterior again, and was with DD. I think I still felt movement around 18/19 weeks though. I know I definitely had felt movement by the time I had my 20 week scan.
  • Options
    GG18 said:
    If you have your maternity notes @Sophie2791 it should have your report from your scan and say where your placenta is. My scan report has been attached to the back of my notes (see photo). Mine is anterior again, and was with DD. I think I still felt movement around 18/19 weeks though. I know I definitely had felt movement by the time I had my 20 week scan.
    I dont think mine says 
  • Options
  • Options
    @Memza89x you might have missed it on my post when I had my scan, they moved my date! I’m not sure though because I’m sure I know when I ovulated but according to them I moved 3 days
  • Options
    @GG18 I haven't been given any notes from my scan. Just the little pictures to take home. No letters or notes. Are you in the UK? Is that something I was supposed to request? 
  • Options
    @Sophie2791 I’m in England but not sure if NHS Scotland does anything differently. Maybe one of the other ladies in Scotland can confirm. Mine say this on the front of them... did you have a booking appointment where they asked you lots of questions about your personal details, family, medical history etc? Did you have it face to face? If not, maybe this is why you’ve not had them yet?
  • Options

• Options
    I’m not finding out the gender- I didn’t with my previous 2 either. I like a surprise. @Sophie2791 I find it difficult to connect during pregnancy and always have. Was never a big baby/children person and wasn’t really planning with my first. However the second my first baby was born it flipped a switch- was completely changed and in love. Now I love babies and children lol ( although mostly just my own 😂). 
    Was told during my scan the my placenta  was where is was meant to be - must check my notes to see if it says anything. 
  • Options
    @GG18 I grew up in Lincolnshire, around Lincoln, Horncastle, Woodhall Spa area. Are you close by?

I had my meeting over the phone, perhaps that's why I don't have anything. I'll know to ask when I chat with someone next though, thanks. 

@MrsRodgers416 I fall in love with all babies instantly so I'm not worried about a bond at that stage, it'd just be nice to feel a bit more into it now, it'll come, I've got faith, I'll be buying tiny cardigans and choosing names in a few months no doubt. Good to hear you feel similar now though, it's not a great feeling to think you're the only one. Thanks for sharing xx
  • Options
    GG18 said:
    That's good. I hate it as all my scans I can see baby wiggling around and u couldn't feel a thing with all 4 of them. Your placenta may have moved by then. Makes me more paranoid as its always been very late feeling them move 😔

Emma63 said:
    so I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and got a weird quick sensation in the middle lower part of my abdomen, they say you can get "quickenings" a butterfly feeling before baby actually starts kicking. do you think that might of been it. it was a weird sensation but didnt hurt, I was walking to my local shop 
    Aww Emma sounds like it's baby floating around. Kind of feels like trapped wind moving around at first, like little bubbles. 
  • Options
    Tbh my husband has felt them move before I could feel them from the inside. Such a weird feeling. 
  • Options
    All of my maternity notes are on an app. With L I still got a paper report from my scan like yours @GG18 but with this baby I didn’t and want pretty disappointed. I don’t think there’s anything about my placenta on my app, will need to double check.

I feel the same a bit, scared to bond with this baby. I thought I’d feel different by my scan but I just keep thinking something will go wrong. I think after having 2 completely different losses I just feel like anything can happen at any time. During my pregnancy with L I literally didn’t stop doing the toilet roll check til I was about 30 weeks 😳
    I feel guilty about it and this baby is so wanted. Hopefully over the next week or so I can start to relax and enjoy pregnancy
  • Options
    hmmmmmmmmmmm in the US we dont get  any maternity notes or anything like that......... also a few nights ago i felt like a weird bubbly feeling in my abdomen but not like gas but im only 10+4 so idk what it was but it felt weird
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions