Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• @ChelleH83 beautiful scan! And you've got a (big) little rascal in there! Love it. What a relief for you.

After anyone on here has a positive scan I find myself feeling more confident in my own pregnancy too, like if it's going well for all of you it must be for me too, or something like that?! Funny but it's true. 
  • so the hubby has suprised me with an early gender scan on the 22nd aug rather than waiting until my 20 week scan x
  • Another positive scan! Loving all the scans ladies. I have mine on Wednesday afternoon- I cannot wait. I am sooo nervous though, these last few days I’ve totally convinced myself I’m not really pregnant anymore. But I’ve had no reason to think anything has gone wrong so just trying to stay positive! It will be soooo good to tell family and friends, hiding it now we can see other again has been really tough. I’ve got a girls weekend this weekend and I’ve already planted the seed that I have a water infection and on antibiotics and can’t drink! Can’t wait to see if all is okay on Wednesday and then share with everyone 🥰
  • @ChelleH83 beautiful scan! And you've got a (big) little rascal in there! Love it. What a relief for you.

After anyone on here has a positive scan I find myself feeling more confident in my own pregnancy too, like if it's going well for all of you it must be for me too, or something like that?! Funny but it's true. 
    Thank you @Sophie2791
    I get what you mean, I think positivity breeds positivity 😊😊

We have a small local scanning company in our town that do gender scans from 14 weeks, in so tempted now as I've only 2 days to hit week 14. We used them with my last pregnancy at 16 weeks and had a little gender reveal party for close friends and family. September 21st seems so far away yet 24th August doesn't for 16 weeks haahaa 
  • Morning ladies! Glad to see positive vibes 😊we are finally getting to that stage where we can start to relax a bit! I’m frustrated with myself as after my MMC I put my fetal Doppler out of sight, obviously completely out of sight as I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere. So now I’m thinking do I try and buy one second hand on eBay? Or be patient? And use this as an excuse for a 16 week scan after all 🤔😂

Ahh @Catlady220 no matter how much you explain to men how you feel they just will never (and obviously can’t) completely understand. My hubby has moments where he tries really hard to do more and then feels clearly proud of himself then there’s times I feel like he creates extra work for me and it’s a bit like having a second child! With us having L I keep telling him he’s gona have to really step up before baby is born or he’s going to be in for a huge culture shock. I know he’s trying. Maybe I expect too much at times, but it’s really hard being pregnant and functioning through a day at times regardless of whatever household and mummy tasks need done! 

We announced the pregnancy on social media last night I was so pleased with the photos and surprised L sat so well!
  • @Emma63 aww thats lovely x
  • @Memza89x how amazing 
  • @Memza89x love that!! 

I’m wanting/praying all is ok? Had sex yesterday for the first time in ages (very steady) had 1 spot of blood after!! 

Today I’ve had a clump of watery discharge with a tint of brown. Hoping it’s from that and nothing else. ??? Worried now !! 
  • @Memz89x that pic is so cute! I bet everyone loved it. So exciting to share!

@AyeeshaB I'm sure you're totally fine. I had loads of blood after sex, like running down my legs at 8 weeks and the baby is fine. I think it's an increased blood supply thing. I was careful until 12 weeks and all back to normal now, although I'm still a bit traumatised from that time. I did read a small amount is totally normal. As long as you aren't cramping/fever etc
  • ChelleH83 said:
    All went fab with the scan. Could t get the screening done as baby wouldn't Co operate. She was laughing chasing it around. So I've to go for more bloods next Fri for downs screening.
    Theyve moved my date from 14th to 8th Feb, but I always have monster babies so will see what they say at my 20 week scan xx
    Why that has appeared in the middle of my comments I do not know 😂🤣🙈🙈🙈
    What a lovely scan. Bubba was just very excited that you are seeing him/her 😂
    Also glad that you are moved ahead. In the last weeks, each day counts! 
  • @Sophie2791 thanks for reassurance. It’s not happened again so 🤞🏽

Super sleepy today 
  • Post withdrawn

• Week 11 💖 started my day out feeling like garbage
  • Hey ladies, 
    So we had a bit of drama last night. My mum came over yesterday for my birthday and my OH had bought me the Neom humidifier so she bought me some of the essential oils that go in it. 

It we sat deep in conversation with my step daughter in the room and my mum said ...

I didnt know you had to be careful with essential oils when your pregnant. 

So we have now had to tell the older two that I'm pregnant. I'm devasted as we had a lovely reveal planned, and we aren't 12 weeks yet so now praying everything is OK. We haven't told our youngest as he can't keep a secret. 

My mum was mortified and cried as she has ruined it for us and although I'm pretty pissed off, I also don't want her feeling any worse than she already does. 

On the plus side, we don't have to come up with an elaborate plan as to why they need to go to their aunties on the day of the scan.
  • Aw @Butsie185 that’s a shame you’re not able to do your reveal as planned. And your poor mum bless her she probably just wasn’t even thinking when she said it and will be feeling terrible. Aside from not being able to do your reveal - try not to worry. I’m hopeful everything is going to go well this time round and you will get your healthy baby ❤️

I used the Doppler today (finally found it!) and wasn’t able to find the heartbeat yet. Made me worry a bit. But also keeping in mind that it’s still early so going to try and put it to the back of my mind. Will keep trying! 
  • Post withdrawn
  • @Butsie185 oh no :( im sure u can work things out n still do some kind of announcement

@Memza89x if you are after 9 weeks its there but i heard sometimes it can b veryyyyyyyy hard to find.....remember the midwives are trained for this so they know just how to find it......i wouldnt worry as u just had a ultra if im not mistaking.....baby is probably just hiding........i decided not to buy one bc i heard using them often is bad for baby and women get stressed and scared if they cant find it n i know id freak if i couldnt find it
  • I’m 13 weeks now, I know some people find it really early but I think the issue is that because baby is so small it’s hard to pinpoint exactly where they are and keep them there. When baby is bigger you know where they are so it takes less time to find the heartbeat as they are in your whole abdomen. I kept thinking I could hear something then it sounded like baby was moving.

Yeah I had an ultrasound a week past Friday 
  • @Catlady220 @Rainbows&BabyDust I’ve just tried again and heard it straight away! Hallelujah 🙌🏼 So weird I tried 3 times yesterday for about 5/10 mins and all I could hear steadily was my heartbeat and the placenta. Baby must’ve been tucked up somewhere cosy! The heartbeat was still really low down right behind my pubic bone
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions