Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021 - Part 3

Replies

• @Timefoebaby2020 @jas2020
    Sorry to sound like a broken record but these are the sorts of symptoms an osteopath treats everyday. 

In the UK your doctor will prescribe pain killers, tell you to wait 2 weeks, in very severe cases refer you for imaging (xray etc) or physio but as its not urgent this may take a while. My parents are GPs so I know this from them. 

An manual therapist will treat you on the day, hands on, the tissues causing your symptoms. Most likely either piriformis syndrome, sacroiliac joint dysfunction or lumbar spine referral (guessing from your symptoms), totally safe in pregnancy, we have a 5 year degree. Please! I hate hearing people are in pain and don't know who to see. It'll really help. I've had a similar patient already this morning, 90% better from 1 session 2 weeks ago and a few at home stretches. 
  • @Sophie2791 thanks a lot for the reco. 
    I have been having it since 2-3 days, mostly in evenings and nights. It is not very severe for now, but I do plan to visit an ostéopath. As the uterus grows further, these pains may become serious!
  • Quick question girls. Got my scan Monday don’t know whether to have screening tests done? What’s your thoughts? X
  • @AyeeshaB
    Some people don't go for the screening for the reason that it would not change any outcome for them.
    Some people do it to be better prepared  beforehand in case of a high risk outcome. 
    We went for this reason.
    (Though I know me and my OH would have had a debate about the decision in case we had got high risk).
  • Post withdrawn
  • Post withdrawn
  • ok ladies :/ so i had pressue in my pelvis and cervix yesterday for 8 hours so they have me coming in today to b checked to b safe but they think nothing is wrong 
  • I opted for the screening tests as I would just like to know anything I can. If, for example, something is ‘wrong’ I’d much rather know and plan for it. In my mind there isn’t anything they could tell me that would make me not want this baby, so aslong as it is healthy and will survive then I’d like to know all I can about it. Definitely everyone’s own choice though x
  • Post withdrawn
  • @Rainbows&BabyDust yea i hope so too 
  • Thanks for the advice ladies. Going to discuss with hubby 
  • Good luck @Catlady220 im sure it is all fine. 

I'm starting to get anxious for my scan next week 😫 
  • OMG this heat is killing me! Stuck in work with no windows or air con andhave to wear mask all day- want to jump in a big ice bath 😥
    screening was never mentioned to me- I don’t think it’s something that’s done over here unless you are high risk so haven’t really worried about it. Kinda like decision being taken out of my hands. 
  • @Catlady220 let us know how it goes.

I’ve been more crampy today too! Like sharp twinges that come and go? 
  • @Butsie185 thanks love ill let u guys know as soon as i can.....i gotta go back to work right after if all checks out so bare with me

@AyeeshaB definetly and sounds like round ligament pain
  • @AyeeshaB we chose to have screening because we’d like to know as much about the baby as they can tell us. If the information is available for us to know, we’d like to have it, and if we didn’t we would spend the next 6 months wondering if the baby was going to have any health complications. They can check for Downs, Edward’s and Patau’s and it would be a lot to adapt to for us if we found the baby had one of these conditions, particularly the last two, after it had been born. I’d rather know and properly research and prepare. However it’s a personal choice and no right or wrong. Have you been given the booklet about screening? It explains the conditions a bit more 
  • Yes I’ve got the booklet. Is the text invasive that’s what I worry about @GG18
  • im worried because I don't seem to be getting bigger and not putting on weight 
  • GG18GG18 Regular
    edited Aug 14, 2020 6:34PM
    @AyeeshaB no it’s not invasive. They measure the back of the neck on the ultrasound, and you do a blood test. That’s all you do initially. You then get your results and if you get told you’re at a higher risk, you can then choose whether to do more tests or not. At this point, they may be invasive, but you wouldn’t have to have them if you didn’t want. You might get told low risk from the initial tests, and then nothing more comes of it 
  • @AyeeshaB same as most of these ladies, I got the screening just to be in the know with who I've got growing in there. I know women in the past who have been told they are high risk and baby has been fine or very minimal problems so bare this in mind too. It was just an extra blood test and something they measure on the screen, nothing harmful. 

@Catlady220 I hope all goes well with your appointment. 

I've been having more pain today but hoping that's just growing, was a bit spasmy earlier and pretty much vaginal but didn't last long, hopefully just a weird one off. 

@Rainbows&BabyDust that sounds rough, was it food poisoning? I hope you feel 100% again soon x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions