Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021 - Part 4

Replies

• @Butsie185
    Thanks, what a valuable info reg hypnobirthing. I was looking for some online resources and apps. 
    I wasn't very informed and sure about hypnobirthing, but I have started reading this book 'Hypnobirthing by Marie Mongan' and absolutely loving it. 
  • @Sophie2791 have you already started perineum massage? I read that we could start this after week 34-35.Is it safe to start now? 
  • @Butsie185 I have non essential shops open for 2 more days here, anything I should grab before they close??

@Timefoebaby2020 the massage is just to stretch and soften the skin, it cannot create any sort of reaction that will affect your pregnancy (hormonal or physical changes), so why not get a head start?! It says to do it daily in some places, I manage 2-3x week so think I will need the headstart too! 
  • @Sophie2791 I have been told to get some cheap shower curtains to put over the bed/sofa incase I don't get on with the pool and want to birth on land. 
    I also need to get some cheap towel, I've been told between 8-10 of various sizes. 

There is a really great list on www.homebirth.org.uk
  • Any update on @GG18? Xx
  • Hi all. They stopped my drip at 5am but I was having tightenings again by 7 so have been on the monitor since then. Baby’s heart rate was dropping a bit and the scan showed some issues with the flows to baby. So I’m back on the drip to stop the tightenings, having some more drugs (magnesium sulphate) which protects baby’s brain development, has some anti sickness drugs in case of c section. Not eaten for 24 hours now. Got IVs in both hands. They reckon it’s almost certain we’re going to have a preterm baby now. Came in at 27+5 and now looking as though we’ll at least get to 28+1 🤞 everyday counts! They’re stopping the drip at midnight because you can’t keep happening, so it’s possible tightenings will start up again and it may be time for delivery ☹️
  • Oh hunny. Sending lots of love and positive wishes to you all. Xx
  • Aw @GG18 so sorry this is happening again really hoped you’d get another good few weeks but the main thing is that you and baby are ok❤️ Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts I hope that everything goes well for you. Please keep us updated xx
  • Oh my goodness @GG18 what you must be going through. You sound really calm and in control - you’ve got this!! As you say every day counts and just take each step as it comes. Your baba is in a rush to meet it’s mama. 
  • @GG18 thinking of you and baby girl 💕💖 best of luck for whatever happens, you'll be amazing and you will both be fine xx

• @GG18 oh my cant believe  it and what you and your partner must be going through.  The main thing is, you're  in hospital with the best care, baby is fine and you will most likely get to see your little one sooner rather than later. Praying for as many days possible for you. Like you said each day counts. Fingers crossed thinking of you. 
  • @GG18 I've been thinking about you alot. Hope you are doing ok x 
  • Yep same here, @GG18, constantly in my thoughts. Xx
  • Me too @GG18 hope all is well with you and baby girl 💗
  • Hi all hope you’re all well. I was all set to go home this morning after a quieter 24 hours but my tightenings started again tonight. My cervix is still closed so they’re just keeping monitoring me and trying to give me painkillers to knock it on the head. I think this could just keep dragging on until I go into full blown labour. So mentally exhausting with the ups and downs x
  • Oh wow @GG18, must be so hard for you. Not knowing what will happen or why. As you've said before, every extra day counts. Keep us updated, and try stay as relaxed as possible. Xx
  • @GG18 oh no.....i hope they can get it under control some how
  • @GG18 I'm so pleased to hear you're managing to keep her baking for another few days 🍞 you'll be doing her the world of good just by staying calm and resting. Thanks for letting us know how you are. Sounds like we are all keeping you in our thoughts. Xxx
  • how is everyone, im now 30+2 days. had to phone dentist yesterday as I've got bloody pregnancy gingervitius. they said I need to be numbed up to have them looked at but dont like the idea of it x
  • @GG18 glad to hear that she is still snuggled inside, hope you are keeping ok considering all that is going on. 

@Emma63 that doesn't sound good, ive never had it before so don't know what it's like.

We have officially started the nursery today, by the I mean we have had a massive clear out, filled the car ready for the dump. Tomorrow my dad is coming over to help move all our furniture out of our room into the big Bedroom and the move all the babies stuff into our room. 

26 weeks today! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions