Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2021 - Part 4

Replies

• @Emma63 my gums are bleeding like mad since becoming pregnant. Have tried changing toothpaste and mouthwash but still quite bad. Was the same with my last pregnancies but this is the worst so far. Always clears up as soon as baby is born though. 
  • Hello ladies hope we are all keeping well, 
    @GG18 glad you are keeping baby cooking as long as you can most be a stressful time for you 💝. 

Had my 28’weeks 4d scan today I was lovely. Confirmed to be a girl so we now can start planning after all the confusion of being told boy at 20 weeks. 
    She spent most the time sucking her fingers and playing with her toes. I was sent a little walk to encourage her to move her hands away from her face for better images. 
    She weighs just over 3lb and her legs are measuring 2 weeks ahead but abdomen and head circumference were on track. Xx

• Aww amazing @Mummy246 so glad you finally got that cleared up and can actually plan properly for your wee girl 💗😊

Exciting stuff @Butsie185! We are obviously at a standstill nursery wise because of the fact we don’t move into our house until Jan😂 have you bought new furniture or managed to recycle?

I had a rake through Luke’s old clothes this morning and managed to salvage a
    chunk of fresh looking vests and a few neuteal looking outfits so that helps a bit! 

Also ladies worth a look on Asda they have loads online just now must be Black Friday sale I’m chuffed managed to get a few clothes bargains! 
  • They also have the Nuby electric breast pump which I have and would totally recommend down to £60
  • Memza89x said:
    They also have the Nuby electric breast pump which I have and would totally recommend down to £60
    I have this one too, its fab. 
  • Lovely photo @Mummy246

@Emma63 I would definitely get to see a dentist if you can. I’m not sure exactly why but I know it’s always advised to see a dentist when pregnant because oral health it important. There’s some link. Gums definitely get more sensitive in pregnancy. I get some
    bleeding gums but not too bad as yet thankfully
  • @Memza89x we have the same nursery furniture so we are reusing that as its in really good condition just been stored in the garage. We have the Chicco next to me already so have bought a new mattress and a new mattress for the cotbed. Moses basket is second hand as we didn't use one with J so will see how we yet on this time. We have also bought a sleep pod similar to a sleephead but a different brand. A new double elec breast pump as I only had a manual one with J and I want to pump more this time around. 

My mum picked up a second hand nursing chair and stool which I'm super excited about as we never had the space with J. 

I have a mountain of clothes to go through bit havent bothered yet as I couldn't wash them and put them away until today. 
  • GG18 said:
    Lovely photo @Mummy246

@Emma63 I would definitely get to see a dentist if you can. I’m not sure exactly why but I know it’s always advised to see a dentist when pregnant because oral health it important. There’s some link. Gums definitely get more sensitive in pregnancy. I get some
    bleeding gums but not too bad as yet thankfully
    luckily I have an apointment next Friday, I dont want them to inject me with numbing stuff but I know they will have too x
  • Just to let you all know I’m home now! Got a scan on Wednesday and been told to go straight back in if I get tightenings again. Hopefully they stay away. Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts xx
  • Great news @GG18

ive bought my changing bag and electric rocker 

all I have left is the monitor don’t know which to go for? 
  • @GG18 fantastic news. Fingers crossed she stays put for a while x
  • @GG18 that is really great news! Rest up and take it easy and hopefully you will get a good few more weeks before she makes an appearance. 

This is the current state of the nursery which up until this morning was our bedroom! Got the week off work to sort through everything and put it away but I'm now exhausted. 

@AyeeshaB we have gone for this one as I wanted a video monitor this time around and this has an app so it can be viewed on one phone too! 

• My friend has that one @Butsie185 she swears by it. Might have to get that one too 
  • We have an angelcare one will see if I can find it 🤔

Not sure if this is the exact model number but pretty much this one 
  • i have a dentist appointment tomorrow bc my tooth hass been hurting pretty bad n keeping me up at night :( my gums dont bleed during the day but they do when i brush them and at night :( i inherited my mamas crappy teeth so im just hoping they say they can do fillings instead of extractions :( 

@Mummy246 beautiful scan <3

My sister is buying us a baby monitor ....she told me all it does but im not sure what its called......will share when i find out......

26+1 and my little one seems to b kicking around a bunch this morning....i noticed if i rest my hand on top of my tummy he gets rather mad lol.....
  • i have a dentist appointment tomorrow bc my tooth hass been hurting pretty bad n keeping me up at night :( my gums dont bleed during the day but they do when i brush them and at night :( i inherited my mamas crappy teeth so im just hoping they say they can do fillings instead of extractions :( 

@Mummy246 beautiful scan <3

My sister is buying us a baby monitor ....she told me all it does but im not sure what its called......will share when i find out......

26+1 and my little one seems to b kicking around a bunch this morning....i noticed if i rest my hand on top of my tummy he gets rather mad lol.....
    I've been having trouble with my teeth to. I had a tooth infection at about 20 weeks and had to go on antibiotics and now my gums are peeling away from my teeth (pregnancy gingervitus) and so they need quick checking out, just worried as I know they are going to need to numb me plus I HATE dentist I have a fear of them and normally have to have my hubby come with me but his not allowed :(
  • I had bother with my teeth a few weeks ago as well - I have impacted lower wisdom teeth so they can be a bother every few months or so anyway but this time round on ended up infected I felt light headed and it was keeping me up at night. I also noticed that my gums generally were pretty inflamed. The dentist gave me antibiotics for the infection and I was using Corsodyl alcohol free mouthwash twice a day and it made a huge difference now (touch wood) my gums are pretty much back to normal whenever they feel a bit sensitive I just go back to using the mouthwash for a few days. I’d recommend trying it xx
  • Sorry @GG18 missed you message! So glad all is well and you’re out now fingers crossed they stay away and little lady gets a good few weeks to keep cooking in there 🤞🏼 How long since you came off the drip to stop tightenings? 
  • Memza89x said:
    I had bother with my teeth a few weeks ago as well - I have impacted lower wisdom teeth so they can be a bother every few months or so anyway but this time round on ended up infected I felt light headed and it was keeping me up at night. I also noticed that my gums generally were pretty inflamed. The dentist gave me antibiotics for the infection and I was using Corsodyl alcohol free mouthwash twice a day and it made a huge difference now (touch wood) my gums are pretty much back to normal whenever they feel a bit sensitive I just go back to using the mouthwash for a few days. I’d recommend trying it xx
    I've got the mouthwash as had to have it when had tooth infection im going to try it for a week as dentist apointment isn't until Friday x
  • @AyeeshaB we also have the BT monitor like @Butsie185 however we don’t have the video, just the audio. Kind of wish we had gone for the video though as there have been times I wish we could see what she was doing without going and disturbing her.

@Memza89x I came off the drip Thursday morning. Had more tightenings Friday afternoon but they managed to stop them with a painkiller rather than the drip. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions