Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2021 - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    GG18 said:
    @Emma63 they do always say though, that if you think the tightenings get worse or more regular then you can always go back in. They told me not to worry if I only got to the car park, or half way home(!) and I was just to go straight back if I needed.
    I dont even realise im having tightenings. 

scan well all well today they cant find anything xx
  • Options
    GG18 said:
    @Emma63 hopefully your scan will give you some more reassurance today, and it’s good that she’s being more active again. Have you been having any more tightenings since? If they haven’t got more intense/regular than it’s probably normal. Below are 3 of my charts for comparison - the bottom two are where I was having proper contractions and you can see them on the bottom line where they’re spiking really high. The top photo is an example of smaller, irregular tightenings, possibly braxton hicks. They weren’t worried about these ones and sent me home at this point, even with my history. 

see my tightenings look the same as your bottom two kind of 
  • Options
    does anyone get out of breathe when lying down or find it hard to breathe 
  • Options
    breath*
  • Options
    I find I can't sit propped against my pillows in bed anymore, or lie on my back. Have to be on my side, fully flat. 
  • Options
    @Timefoebaby2020 the thing that helped me was a girl on a different thread told me theres no prize or trophy for doing it without the epi

Another way to think about it is that, in this day and age, we would consider it utterly barbaric to have a TOOTH pulled without any pain management... yet women are quite often put under extreme cultural pressure to voluntarily tear a child through their most sensitive nether regions with zero medical intervention!  

For the first time in decades, childbirth death rates are actually on the rise in western society, due to the increase in reluctance to pursue medical intervention, even in critical cases.  There is currently a huge scandal brewing within the NHS about this.  And it’s not just mums declining help, it’s the medical staff (for example) refusing c-sections and insisting on vaginal births, to the detriment of their patients.

In contrast, an incredible 95% of French women opt for an epidural!  They think us Brits and Yanks are unhinged wanting to labour unmedicated!!

I do believe everyone has the right to decide how they want to approach labour, but, a ‘wait and see’ approach is wise (unless you have a medical history which make a natural labour too risky).  Especially if you’re a FTM, you simply don’t know how you will cope with the pain, nor what sort of labour you will have.  AND IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT IF IT DOESN’T GO TO PLAN!  A ‘perfect’ birth is simply not possible for everyone.  You should feel no shame in opting for painkillers or surgical interventions.  The most important thing is to get both mother and baby through childbirth safely. 
  • Options
    @Timefoebaby2020 the thing that helped me was a girl on a different thread told me theres no prize or trophy for doing it without the epi

Another way to think about it is that, in this day and age, we would consider it utterly barbaric to have a TOOTH pulled without any pain management... yet women are quite often put under extreme cultural pressure to voluntarily tear a child through their most sensitive nether regions with zero medical intervention!  

For the first time in decades, childbirth death rates are actually on the rise in western society, due to the increase in reluctance to pursue medical intervention, even in critical cases.  There is currently a huge scandal brewing within the NHS about this.  And it’s not just mums declining help, it’s the medical staff (for example) refusing c-sections and insisting on vaginal births, to the detriment of their patients.

In contrast, an incredible 95% of French women opt for an epidural!  They think us Brits and Yanks are unhinged wanting to labour unmedicated!!

I do believe everyone has the right to decide how they want to approach labour, but, a ‘wait and see’ approach is wise (unless you have a medical history which make a natural labour too risky).  Especially if you’re a FTM, you simply don’t know how you will cope with the pain, nor what sort of labour you will have.  AND IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT IF IT DOESN’T GO TO PLAN!  A ‘perfect’ birth is simply not possible for everyone.  You should feel no shame in opting for painkillers or surgical interventions.  The most important thing is to get both mother and baby through childbirth safely. 
    totally agree. 

I've wrote in my birth notes that I want gas and air and pethedine only, but if it gets to it and the pain is unbareable then I will have the epidural but I would like to go without if I can. its everyone's choice xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, sorry not been on for a little while again. 
    I’ve been busy with sorting out house purchase which we should get the keys next week and sorting Christmas. 

I went for my antibodies reviews last week and turns out it was a false positive test and I haven’t developed antibodies 😊. That was a relief but while I was at the midwife they weren’t happy with babies movements so I was sent to the assessment unit. She all good but breech so got a couple weeks to turn on her own. 
    Got my consultant appointment Christmas Eve to get my induction date. 
    Finally made a few baby purchases ( sterilizer, hakka, swing seat . 
    Now to start packing my bag and to purchase my pram. Xx
  • Options
    @Mummy246 thats good news about the antibodies, not so good about reduced movements. I had to go in and be assessed last week as little lady decided she wasn't going to move for 3 days. its horrible. How far are you. 

I've got everything now except baby monitor but tbh I feel we don't need that straight away anyways as she will either be downstairs sleeping with me or in moses basket next to me in bed.  

my little girl is head down but back to back, im hoping she is going to turn soon but I doubt she will, so could be a painful birth for me (more painful). My little lady was breech at one point too xx
  • Options
    ChelleH83 said:
    Just noticed Rainbowsandfairydust has gone. And when you look back her post are withdrawn and it says deleted user. 😔
    Ahem... I believe I know what happened to Rainbows - a few of us realised she was the same member (under a different username) who had previously, and completely unprovoked, mercilessly torn into another very vulnerable group member.  It was completely irrational and very nasty to witness. 

Her rather bizarre behaviour was recently and briefly mentioned in the group where she caused the original disruption.  This forum was even renamed and relocated in an effort to protect its members from further potential abuse ...But, obviously Rainbows had tracked us down and was still following our chat rather closely, as she deleted her account within hours of the subject coming up (and no one tagged her username).

I do feel sorry that she felt she had to leave her birth club, as she had clearly built up some good relationships here, and moderated her behaviour significantly.  And once it fully dawned on me who she really was, I backed right away and stopped contributing to this forum.  I had no intention of saying anything more about it, and certainly not on here.  

However, all that said and done, had Rainbows not shown her true colours again when she so rudely shamed another member here into deleting her beautiful bare bump maternity pix, I wouldn’t have given her a second thought!

• Options
    @Mummy246 oooh exciting times ahead. Good luck with the move.
    Good news about your antibodies too. Is baby moving OK now though? 
  • Options
    @Mummy246 really great to hear the Initial test was incorrect 🥳 Also I've been told a lot that most babies are in a good position by 37 weeks so I guess do what you can to help encourage a turn but there's a high chance they would get themselves there in time. Is it your first baby? (sorry I forget who is who) my dad used to be an obstetrician and said first time babies are often later to turn and engage. (don't quote me on that but it was his opinion at least). 

@KiwiMoomin I don't want to be unkind, of course everyone is welcome on this forum, but so far we have managed to achieve a grest atmosphere of positive energy and support. I'm personally uninterested in gossip and negative stories and maybe a forum like this isn't the right place for it. Luckily those who wish to keep in touch with the user have been able to contact her. I think we can put everything else behind us and move forward with helping and supporting each other through this exciting and sometimes nerve-wracking time. Yourself included. Women supporting women xxx
  • Options
    ChelleH83 said:
    Just noticed Rainbowsandfairydust has gone. And when you look back her post are withdrawn and it says deleted user. 😔
    Ahem... I believe I know what happened to Rainbows - a few of us realised she was the same member (under a different username) who had previously, and completely unprovoked, mercilessly torn into another very vulnerable group member.  It was completely irrational and very nasty to witness. 

Her rather bizarre behaviour was recently and briefly mentioned in the group where she caused the original disruption.  This forum was even renamed and relocated in an effort to protect its members from further potential abuse ...But, obviously Rainbows had tracked us down and was still following our chat rather closely, as she deleted her account within hours of the subject coming up (and no one tagged her username).

I do feel sorry that she felt she had to leave her birth club, as she had clearly built up some good relationships here, and moderated her behaviour significantly.  And once it fully dawned on me who she really was, I backed right away and stopped contributing to this forum.  I had no intention of saying anything more about it, and certainly not on here.  

However, all that said and done, had Rainbows not shown her true colours again when she so rudely shamed another member here into deleting her beautiful bare bump maternity pix, I wouldn’t have given her a second thought!

oh yeah this was my picture xx
  • Options
    @Mummy246 really great to hear the Initial test was incorrect 🥳 Also I've been told a lot that most babies are in a good position by 37 weeks so I guess do what you can to help encourage a turn but there's a high chance they would get themselves there in time. Is it your first baby? (sorry I forget who is who) my dad used to be an obstetrician and said first time babies are often later to turn and engage. (don't quote me on that but it was his opinion at least). 

@KiwiMoomin I don't want to be unkind, of course everyone is welcome on this forum, but so far we have managed to achieve a grest atmosphere of positive energy and support. I'm personally uninterested in gossip and negative stories and maybe a forum like this isn't the right place for it. Luckily those who wish to keep in touch with the user have been able to contact her. I think we can put everything else behind us and move forward with helping and supporting each other through this exciting and sometimes nerve-wracking time. Yourself included. Women supporting women xxx
    @Sophie2791 I genuinely wasn’t wishing to bring a bad atmosphere to this forum, that’s why I backed right off as soon as I realised who Rainbows was.  And I had no intention of saying anything about past history on here, but so many were wondering what had happened... I felt very awkward, dishonest and two-faced knowing, but keeping silent.  

Believe me, I was very conflicted about what to do, as I knew what I had to say would provoke responses like yours.  But ultimately, I felt I should say something, even if it was out of respect for my friend that she hurt.  I am sorry if that constitutes gossip.  Unfortunately, it was impossible to explain the situation without revealing negative aspects. But, as you’ve said, those who wish to remain in touch with Rainbows, have done so.  You’ve all formed your own opinions and relationships, and nothing I’ve said here will change that.

Now I STRONGLY believe in women supporting women, but I don’t do so blindly.  It has to go both ways.  And it’s very difficult to do so when you’ve personally witnessed another woman tear an innocent to shreds in a most disturbing manner.  

I realise by replying I am only perpetuating more negativity, so I will finish now, and endeavour not to say anything more.  Plus, I really do have more important things on my mind, especially with Christmas looming, a 200 year old house restoration to complete to an ever tightening deadline, and an exciting and nerve-wracking twin pregnancy to get my head around! X
  • Options
    Emma63 said:
    ChelleH83 said:

Your pictures were beautiful and you weren’t even in your underwear. Our bodies really are wonderful things 😍
  • Options
    Emma63 said:
    ChelleH83 said:

Your pictures were beautiful and you weren’t even in your underwear. Our bodies really are wonderful things 😍
    I uploaded them because I was having down days and felt very negative about myself etc and them pics cheered me up xx
  • Options
    @Emma63 i thought they were gorgeous

• Options

aww thank you I had some couple ones done too xx
  • Options
    Emma63 said:

aww thank you I had some couple ones done too xx
    we r prob gonna get some done after xmas <3
  • Options
    @Sophie2791 this is baby no 4 🙈 partly why I’m a bit more worried she’s breech as the likelyhood is maybe less for her Turning, but keeping my fingers crossed. 

@Emma63 it’s scary isn’t it when they don’t move for sometime , she’s moving loads since being monitored so feeling more relieved now, I’m 32 weeks this week 😊. 

@c@ChelleH83 thank you yes she’s being a wriggle bum now which is reassuring. 

Xx