Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021

Due in February 2021 - Part 5

Replies

• If anyone is looking for nursing bras, this website has 50% off at the moment 

https://braandbebe.com/collections/nursing-bras
  • @Emma63 your chart looks good. I was told they want to see them ideally within the 2 bolder lines. My little one was on the lower bold line and has now gone up a little 
  • I feel a bit left out with you all having natural births (hopefully 🤞🏼!)😂

I borrowed a tens machine with Luke but never got round to using it as was a stressful few days of induction etc rather than a natural flowing birth! 

I feel so abandoned this pregnancy re:midwife care tbh seems soooo long in between appointments I haven’t been weighed since my 12 week appointment either and have only been measured in the past few weeks so no idea about growth but last measurement bump was measuring pretty much spot on maybe 1/2cm over. Whereas with Luke bump measured 2 weeks ahead the whole time! 

That’s a shame that @rainbows&babydust didn’t feel that she could come and post before leaving but glad she’s ok

I agree, nobody else disappear and especially not without saying bye! 

I met a group of girls on another forum when we were TTC/pregnant with Luke and we now have a WhatsApp group. Not sure if any of you would be comfortable with something like that nearer the time but it’s been a great support throughout Luke’s life especially for worries you might have during those 3am feeds! We still talk most days now 
  • Which one of you is joywalthall123 on insta? Just so I can put 2 and 2 together lol. 

@Memza89x I think thats a fab idea, as I said the other day I keep getting people u may know popping up and it's some of you guys. 
  • I’d be happy with WhatsApp. I need all the mothering guidance I can get being ftm and hardly no support from professionals. On a positive note my Ewan the dream sheep came today!!! 

• Hey ladies,

Back again! Been so busy getting the nursery organised and to be honest trying to relax as much as possible  as Ive been getting bad back pain so evenings tend to be me sprawled out on the sofa.

Reading everyone's  comments on here and quite nervius now. I feel like .ay be im too relaxed. Im 29 +3 days and havent  thought about a birth plan or hospital bag at all. If anyone has a hospital bag list that would be great. I thought  i only had to think about that  at like 35 weeks or so. Also birth plans, ive heard of so many births not going to plan so i dont want to set myself for fail and feel like im not in control because i gave myself the impression it would be a certain way. Does anyone else feel that?

@Sophie2791 how cute are those bump pics. Love the dress is still going strong.

@Memza89x ive been loving the asda sales too.

@Butsie185 thanks for the discount heads up. Shame i missed the positive birth company. I really want to look into hypnobirthing. Might see if there is any content online i can read up on.

@rainbow&babydust i hope all is well, seems a little off her not saying bye as she was super active. Has anyone heard from her?

Ive got 1 antenatal class booked this saturday which is free, but thereafter ive heard it can cost about £500. Its a shame NHS are not offering this currently anyone else had or having NCT classes?
  • @Memza89x also i know what you mean about care. Ive not been weighed or measured at all so far. Ive been  told they dont really do that anymore but who knows this is my first baby so im non the wiser
  • @Jas2020 being super relaxed is not a bad thing at all! 
    I'm not doing a birth plan, as like you I don't want to feel out if control if things don't go to plan, but will be writing my preferences which remain in place no matter what type of birth I have like lighting, mood, delayed cord clamping and skin to skin etc. 

I wont be packing my hospital bag for another 6 weeks or so either! 

@Memza89x id love to join a WhatsApp group as I feel the one thing I'm lacking this time around is support of people of people going through it at the same time. I did NCT last time and found the group of ladies invaluable but they have all had second children already 
  • I’ve had my bump measures twice and it’s been right on 50th centile line both times so hopefully on track. Measuring bumps is not an exact science though so don’t get too hung up on it. I was referred with my first due to bump being big and she was 7lb13 and 10 days overdue. 
    I still need to pack hospital bag too. 
    Really missing Daisy classes this time, really enjoyed them before and the social aspect is great. I’m still good friends with some of the mums I met 5 years ago while pregnant with my first. I’ll add some pics of my previous birth plan below- couldn’t upload it so it’s in bits and pieces but you’ll get the just of it.
  • Oh wow @MrsRodgers416 where did you get the photos from? Is this what a birth plan looks like. My midwife told ne to go on Google and search NHS birth plans. Maybe i should do that. Feeling like a fish out of water.

@butsie185 glad to know you dont have one either. Wasnt aware you can choose things like lighting etc. I think I will  start having a look next week or this weekend. If anyone has any examples plesse feel free to share.
  • Jas2020 said:
    Hey ladies,

Back again! Been so busy getting the nursery organised and to be honest trying to relax as much as possible  as Ive been getting bad back pain so evenings tend to be me sprawled out on the sofa.

Reading everyone's  comments on here and quite nervius now. I feel like .ay be im too relaxed. Im 29 +3 days and havent  thought about a birth plan or hospital bag at all. If anyone has a hospital bag list that would be great. I thought  i only had to think about that  at like 35 weeks or so. Also birth plans, ive heard of so many births not going to plan so i dont want to set myself for fail and feel like im not in control because i gave myself the impression it would be a certain way. Does anyone else feel that?

@Sophie2791 how cute are those bump pics. Love the dress is still going strong.

@Memza89x ive been loving the asda sales too.

@Butsie185 thanks for the discount heads up. Shame i missed the positive birth company. I really want to look into hypnobirthing. Might see if there is any content online i can read up on.

@rainbow&babydust i hope all is well, seems a little off her not saying bye as she was super active. Has anyone heard from her?

Ive got 1 antenatal class booked this saturday which is free, but thereafter ive heard it can cost about £500. Its a shame NHS are not offering this currently anyone else had or having NCT classes?
    im having free antenatal classes i get 6
  • I feel like since going to my midwife apointment on weds my baby has moved (feels like she is sideways) and doesn't feel like she is as active. 

im meant to be going away next week for mine and hubbys birthday and so busy from today, Sat and Sun. I hope its just she is being quite or something qnd nothing to worry about. she is moving just not as much xx
  • @Emma63 ,phone your triage unit and pop in for some reassurance xx
  • Afternoon!
    I am having some serious braxton hicks over the last 24 hours, not painful at all but my tummy goes so tight and odd shaped and then relaxes!

Nearly......finished all the washing of the clothes we have! The one and only time everything will be cleaned and ironed.

@Emma63 how are things today?
  • someone mentioned a whats up app??? seems like a good idea since u cant share videos here

@Butsie185 yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i have been having braxton hicks on n off the past couple of weeks and no never painful but mine usually happens at work :/

• That’s really interesting to see @MrsRodgers416, thanks for sharing. There’s a lot on there that I have in my head, and some
    things I hadn’t considered stating as a preference.

@Jas2020 you’re definitely right that you wouldn’t want to write a plan with the view that it’s going to go just like that, but for me I just want to research what options there are and at least know what I don’t want. That way, if they ask what pain relief you want (for example) you know what the options are and what you’d prefer. For example, from what I’ve been reading, some can affect the baby, some can make you drowsy, some can be stopped at any time and some have to wear off. My hospital also offer things like different aromas in your room and you can choose to have your own music/playlists. 

@Jas2020 that sounds very expensive for antenatal classes. I think I paid £75 for 6 x 90 minute sessions.

I’d be up for a whatsapp group. 

I had another scan today. My placenta readings are still high but they’re just monitoring for now. 3 scans a week if they stay as they are, so back again Monday. Signed off from work altogether now
  • Butsie185 said:
    Afternoon!
    I am having some serious braxton hicks over the last 24 hours, not painful at all but my tummy goes so tight and odd shaped and then relaxes!

Nearly......finished all the washing of the clothes we have! The one and only time everything will be cleaned and ironed.

@Emma63 how are things today?
    still not much movement got seen at triage, been having loads and loads of tightenings, babys heartbeat is really good. got to go for an emergency scan tomorrow 
  • am i the only one doing an epi????
  • am i the only one doing an epi????
    What do you mean? Am epidural?