Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in Jan 2015 big birth announcement thread

2»

Replies

• What a birth story Kara, made me cry. Can't believe how calm you tell it! Thank you for sharing.

• Aw thanks everyone! I didnt mean to make you all cry. I don't think its sunk in yet just how scary it was. Think im still running on adrenaline! 

Lol Helen! I hadn't thought of that but your right Bridget Jones is going to bring back lots of memories for me in the future! 

• So, last but not least, the birth story of our little monkey. 

Mess admitted on the Saturday to start a 24 hour propess. Had back ache all day and put it down to the hospital bed. Nothing else happened. Sunday I had two dose of the propassary gel 6 hours apart in an attempt to have my cervix come forward and open at least 2cm so they could break my waters. I was able to get a third chance of this the next day but a consultant confirmed I didn't need it. Was told I would move ward as they didn't have as many patients in the other one. 

Went among, fell in love with the midwife who was going to help me and she was whisked off just as she was using the gel to pop my waters! Waited until half 2 when another midwife came in and said she couldn't get a straight vein for the IV hormone drip nor could she get anywhere near my waters. Major freaked out and started shouting that I was going home I'd had enough I was frustrated until a tiny wee doctor came in popped and went away and they managed to put in the Iv eventually losing a lot of blood as apparently it was a new product they had started. 

contractions started instantly at 4pm and these were back contractions I only had a few tummy ones which were horrible. I stood for most of my labour until 6 o'clock because they kept losing baby and it was then I couldn't handle the pain and got an epidural. Best decision ever! By 1oclock I still hadn't progressed past 3cm and it was getting dangerous so the only option was a section. We were told it would take 5-10 minutes to get babe out and 40-50 to stitch me up. It took a long while and i felt quite aor so the anaesthetist was constantly having to jab other pain relief to me. Baby was born at 2.11 on the 3rd of feb at 8lb 6.6oz, and it was over an hour we were in surgery after that. Best noise ever to hear his first cry. 

was only the next day I found out it had taken so long because my uterus wasn't contractinf and they also couldn't get into it so they had to lift it out of me to work on. I lost quite a bit of blood but they weren't concerned as I had a good blood count. When back on the ward I had obs done at least two hourly because my pulse was through the roof again and that was me until I left. They wanted to give me 2 transfusions but it would have meant another stay so I mulled it over and decided going home was the best choice. 

He was soooo worth it but I really don't think ill do it again! Xx

• Blimey Essie! Sound like you had quite a time! Thank you for sharing and congratulations! I hope you are both well, and that you are not too sore.

• Wow Essie does sound intense. I said I wouldn't have neither after our first as I was induced and it was quite stressful, but I have and look how different it was so you could have a totally different experience if you do choose to have another one day image glad you are home with your gorgeous boy x 

• Plus in most cases it does get easier Essie, give it a few years lol xx

• Maybe when I forget about it like EVERYONE says I will lol. Would just hate to go through that again

• Wow what a roller coaster Essie, but that little man makes it all worth while. How did you're other half cope? I do feel for the men when things aren't as straight forward as hoped. If you're anything like me if you're not broody yet then by the time Lucas turns 1 you'll long to have a little bundle again.

• I just don't know if I could put my wee family now at risk if anything went wrong again.

he really surprised me actually and continues to do so every day! I think because we didn't know until the night after that's how he coped so well. He had never changed a nappy before and now he doesn't even need to be asked he just knows what needs done and away he goes.

Im really disappointed that NONE of my plan went ahead but ive been reassured that I could quite easily go on again and have a normal labour. I think if crystal balls are invented in the close future then I may give him a sibling lol I would love more kids but wouldn't love that experience again lol xx