Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in January 2016!

Replies

• Options

I miss Mayo too!! accidentally had it the other day though without realising! 

i've just finished having a rather takeaway fuelled weekend (OH birthday, all the friends found out when I was drinking lime and tonic) so I'm feeling very guilty but I know I won't have any in the next 8 months. 

Finally got a new symptom as well. Morning sickness. Brilliant haha image 

also florien my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Lots of love to You and your family xxx

• Options

Jojofrog- we love our Take aways and already are craving one haha! 

I haven't got morning sickness! you can't help but worry about not having it, when so many people say it's a good sign of a healthy pregnancy! 

My cousin's engagement party was lots of fun, no one even realised that I was drinking water all night - I think it helped that they were all drunk haha!

Xxx

• Options

Hello ladies.

Florien11- so sorry to hear your news.

I had my interview Friday. I think it went ok, but you never really know do you. I find out on Tuesday. Really need a permanent job because of mat leave and stuff- my current contract will end just as I'm due to go back to work, which isn't great. Last thing you want is to be looking for jobs when I should be enjoying my last few days of mat leave!

I've had some cramps the last few days, not painful, but definitely getting uncomfortable, no bleeding though, so hoping it isn't anything bad.

Starting to get a bit more nausea now.

We've told OHs gran and grandpa, his grandma is dying, isn't going to last much longer and can't talk any more so he wanted to tell her whilst she could understand. She was so happy though, and we told her at the right time as she is now really confused and can't really understand anything. We've also told my best friend and OHs best friend, but we aren't telling anyone else yet.

I really wanted a glass of  wine last night. And I'm still eating mayonnaise- the NHS website says it is only fresh mayonnaise that you can't have whereas shop bought such as helmans is made with pasteurised egg.  I'll miss pate and soft cheeses though image

• Options

Yeah I'm still using Mayo aswell image 

• Options

hey ladiesimage I had my first ever positive test  a couple of days ago and I should be due around 31st January!

• Options

Congratulations wondersleeps abs welcome to due in January 2016 image

I had mayo with my dinner tonight after what you wrote rambosmum! It was yummy!

So I obviously couldn't and didn't drink last night, I didn't dance around as I usually would and had over 7 hours sleep but today I've done nothing but snooze on the sofa!

Hope everyone else is okay 

Xxx

• Options

Hello wondersleeps - congratulations and welcome to Due In Jan!

• Options

Congrats and welcome wondersleeps image

same here pami have felt really weak and tired today have spent most of it snoozing with the dog on the sofa image 

• Options

I feel rubbish - constantly slightly nauseas, bloated, headachey, tired and generally really crappy. Not liking it. and the indigestion has started too, which was a surprise as I can only count 2 times I've had it pre-pregnancy!

Sorry, I'm not usually such a moaner!

• Options

Oh no rambosmum image it's all worth it image

well I feel much better today I had a proper meal for tea last night think it helped image feel more alive today and didn't feel as icky when I got up which has been pleasant. I'm struggling to eat still though I forced myself to eat some cereal this morning and I know I should eat some lunch but I'm not hungry. I just had some fruit and I might nibble on some rich tea biscuits. Hopefully il be hungry later image 

hows everyone else? 

• Options

Hi all I'm 39 pregnant with my third I have 2 daughters one is 19 one is 8 and I had a miscarriage last May so we are thrilled but very scared to be pregnant again.  I had a scan two weeks ago which showed a healthy sac, and a heart beat was seen.  My next scan is next Tuesday 2nd June so keeping our fingers crossed xx

• Options

Welcome carolineprice- good news to hear That your scan went well and fingers crossed for your scan next week. I've booked myself in for a early scan next week, so I'm keeping everything crossed! 

Rambosmum - sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. It's all for a good reason though but hopefully you feel better soon.

Mrsbear - I'm feeling fine today. No symptoms at all. Had a bad day on Saturday with cramping and tiredness, so think I have bounced back.

I'm only working tomorrow this week and then off until the following Tuesday, which is lovely! 

Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday. 

• Options

Welcome Carolineprice27 - and congratulations! We're very much keeping our fingers crossed for you, too!

• Options

Hi ladies 

How are you all? 

I see some if you talk about early scans? I just wondered how early and how you arrange these? I mc xmas day last year and September 13 now 6 weeks pregnant am nervous. 

Thank you 

• Options

Hello ladies! It's been a while since I been on here. 

Sorry to read some of the not so good news. My heart goes out to you guys.

I went for my first appt. last Friday it was with the nurse. The dr won't see me till 8 weeks so I have a appt with him June 12th. The nurse got a bunch of info from me and my SO. I was so nervous this is my first and I don't know what to expect. I still haven't had morning sickness. But I'm tired all the time. I only get nauseous in the car when we are driving a good distance. I'm 6 weeks and the nurse said it should start any day now. Not really looking forward to that. It's still hard to believe I'm pregnant my ex-husband and I tried for two years. And this just happened. I think I'll truly believe it when I see the doctor. I got a book and a lot of info from the nurse so I been reading a lot.

I stopped drinking right away. I had over easy eggs and didn't even think about it but my SO was freaking out a bit and I didn't realize why. He couldn't come out and just say it cause we haven't told many ppl and we were with my brother. I haven't been eating much so I didn't even finish them. I been more couscous about what I'm doing and eating. 

Well ladies that's all i have for now sorry long winded. Lol.  

• Options

Welcome banan's. I'm lucky because I prefer my eggs over-easy! Steak is the thing I'm missing - well done beef just isn't the same as the rare steaks I like! And hot baths, I can't do warm, it just feels cold to me! I like to sweat in my baths.

I'm 6 weeks today and feeling a lot better, nowhere near the horridness of the last 2 days. Been a nice reprive, and still had some symptoms so not panicked much! 

Still not heard about the job image so it doesn't look good, but you never know. 

OHs gran passed away yesterday evening image he is devastated to say the least. I'm so glad we got to tell her before she died though, I know it meant a lot to here and my OH.

Midwife tomorrow. Is it weird that I'm excited?

• Options

Hi girls 

Mermaidsj- I just searched online for somewhere where I could do an early scan. I think if you have had history of Mc then they scan you but don't count me on that as I'm really not sure. I just rang and booked privately as they have no reason to scan me on the NHS early. Most private places do it from 7 weeks I think. 

Banans16- you may not get morning sickness. I'm 6+4 and nktj

• Options

Sorry pressed reply before finishing! I'm 6+4 and I haven't had any sickness yet.

Rambosmum - sorry to hear about your oh nan- I hope he is okay. I'm the same with baths too! I haven't had one since I found out as I know I would leave that hot tap running, while reading a magazine! 

Xxxx

• Options

Hi guys! Quite a few things going on atm, but sssoooo happy to be pregnant. I'm 31 and only have 1 ovary and 1 tube. I currently have stage 1 cancer of the cervix and was due for a hysterectomy on June 11th. I'm due 14th Jan and so far, so good ????. My symptoms are on and off and I have sore boobs most of the time. I had a scan at 5+5 and a sac and yolk were seen. Hoping to see a nice health blob with a strong hb tomorrow. Xx

• Options

Welcome tessybear - and congratulations on your pregnancy! Wow, that's amazing timing!

Wishing you nothing but good things at your appointment tomorrow.