Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2016 Part 2

Replies

• Options

Good news about the antibodies Kayah, and so exciting that you know when they'll be here. 

When is everyone due then? I susepect I'll be last as family history suggests big baby, long labor and over due!

I hope the pain has subsided Caroline. 

• Options

I think that be one good thing about having to get an epidural I'll be able to chill during labour.  That will be weird id rather do natural  labour but it's for the best for the wee mans safety.

It's  nearly Xmas too 

• Options

Hello rambosmum lively to hear from you, it might just be me but it seems like a while since we last heard from you.  The pain is awful and I'm finding new bruises all the time must have gone down harder than I first thought, my oh has told me to get to the gp tomorrow and check if they got my blood results back or if I need more blood taken.  I'm sure I must still be anaemic but I'll get an appointment tomorrow.  

I hope you are well my official due date isn't until 7th Jan and thought I would go till a couple of days before Christmas but it's looking like mid December.  I have to say I am ready to get him out and be able to bend again and see my feet and not have swollen feet and aching backalthough I know this is my last pregnancy so I am honestly trying my best to treasure every minute it's just getting harder and harder as the days pass xx

• Options

My friend delivered at 37.5 weeks ago nearly 3 weeks ago and her baby was only 4.11, so you're doing well kayagh! She just told me that a friend of hers went into labour today and she's due in the 7th Jan! I say eek because I'm due on the 8th and am literally in the car right now embarking on an 800 mile round trip to see family and deliver all of the Xmas presents. With so many people going early at the moment I'm feeling a bit anxious!! I'm sure I'll be ok though, I've had no twinges and am feeling fine😉

• Options

Caroline you need to rest missus!! I'm so glad I don't have swollen joints, I couldn't cope with that! Bending down for me is also a big no no...I struggle to get back up :p

has anyone got lots of stretch marks? I feel like I'm turning into a tiger!

tankgirl I'm exactly the same...no twinges, no Braxton hicks...she seems very content just to batter my insides haha 

rambo I'm due Jan 18th and I have a feeling she'll be late but OH reckons early so we shall see!! 

We're packing my hosp bag on Saturday after we go the the Christmas festival which I've been promised we can go to since October...i'm so excited !

• Options

Rambosmum I'm due 12th Jan but ive got a gut feeling he will arrive between the 23-28 December image we shall see. 

Caroline take it easy image I also look forward to bending again! 

Tankgirl I hope your trip goes well and there's no early arrivals! I keep having the same thought though. It could literally happen at any point. 

Jojo I've been pretty lucky on the stretch mark side of things but I honestly think it's because I haven't stretched horrendously and I've been using my homemade moisturiser daily image I've got one little one on the top of each thigh that appeared last week. I've not had any Braxton hicks for ages I just hurt! My stomach is just so solid and uncomfortable it just aches image and I've become a weeballe when getting out of bed or off the sofa as I can't bend properly! All fun image ooh Christmas festival that'll be fun hope you enjoy yourself jojo. Yay! Hospital bag packing has everyone done it yet? 

• Options

Well school Christmas fair all done Lauren bought 15 tombola tickets and won 10 prizes lol so we have chocolate, beer, Christmas tree decorations and a mug!!! She is very happy as when we got home the postman had delivered the new frozen sky remote control.  

We are at the weekend again already I don't know where the weeks are going but they are flying by! So health visitor is coming out to see me on Monday then hospital for another scan on Tuesday going to meet a friend on Wednesday for lunch as it will probably be last chance before we meet our little man and then I guess for me it will be very last minute preparations before being admitted to labour ward.  Exciting times ahead.

i hope everyone has a good weekend xxx

• Options

I know the weeks seem to be disappearing way too quick.  I need to hit the shops on Monday get last presents and finish sorting Xmas out.  

Had the worst night sleep pain in my hip with little miss lying on a nerve ended up in the bath at 5am getting loads of twinges that are painful and lots of pressure from little ones head 3 weekends max for us now sorting final stuff for hospital tomorrow getting so excited now ready for the next challenge really hoping they come on their own before Xmas. 

• Options

Wow Caroline you've got a busy week image hope it all goes well. 

Exciting kayagh I'm sure they will arrive in time for Santa image good luck with tge Xmas shopping next week. I'm doing the last online after my crippling shopping trip this week! 

weve found  home for our bearded dragon which I'm chuffed about the ladies daughter has always wanted one she was in tears when I said she could have him image he will be a happy beardie.  He gets collected tomorrow. 

Just seeing family this weekend and probably putting up Xmas decs. Got sofa being delivered Tuesday morning then midwife in afternoon then friends over in the evening. Rest of the week is just normal work and housework! 

What everyone else up to this weekend? 

Oh and I have a question?? What's everyone doing to prepare down below for birth? Do you guys bother to tart it up or just leave it fluffy? I don't know what to do??? 

• Options

Yes mrsbear a busy week and we added breakfast with Santa to this morning incase we don't get to do it nearer the time.  I'm pleased you found a new home for your bearded dragon the young girl will be over the moon and a load off your mind knowing he has a good home to go to.

As for preparing for birth thats a hard one!! i have tried to maintain as much as possible throughout the pregnancy but it gets more and more difficult when you can't see anything!! So the plan is to keep doing what I've been doing and know that when the time comes I'm not going to be at all bothered what I'm looking like Lol.  I thought in previous pregnancy that I would be bothered strangers being at that end at all but when trying to push baby out anyone could have walked in the room and as long as they told me they were there to help they were more than welcome so my philosophy is to do my best but not be too bothered X 

• Options

Morning ladies, been kept awake all night by the bloody wind. It feels like it's trying to blow the house down. Absolutely awful :(

i'm going to the Christmas festival this morning then going to the metro centre afterwards, I feel like I'm mad, even though I'm a Londoner ( and should be used to it) I bloody hate crowds of people. 

I haven't even thought about down there, I like to keep it tidy but as Caroline said I can't see mine at all so it's done by feel...but if the baby comes and it's a mess than that's that haha im sure they don't care...I probably won't either :)

I'm glad beardy has a new home...the girl sounds like the perfect owner for him!

• Options

jojo I was going to go to the metrocentre today!! But decided against it.  It'll be so busy but everywhere is at the moment.  

I hope the journey up north was ok.  Are you just here for the weekend? 

The wind was awful all through the night and I was up reading from around 2-4 then I did manage to get a bit more sleep.  I hate winter!!!! 

Enjoy the metrocentre and have a lovely weekend visiting the family xx

• Options

Ooo no I live up here now Caroline, but I've only been up here for a year in January...crazy really

i'm travelling back down to London for Christmas on the 18th, its gonna be the first time Oh hasn't spent Christmas with his family (even though he was engaged and with someone for 6 years before I met him which I find odd) he's 25 though the same age as me :)

i think we might give the metro centre a miss and go to Middlesbrough instead...its looking like we won't go into durham either....can take the girl from the south but you can't take the south from the girl haha

we've had mini arguments on what her accent is going to be like and whats she's gonna call me. she'll be drilled into calling me mum...i used to call my teachers at school mam! Can't be having it :p

• Options

imageimage

Ha ha jojo you have made me smile reading that.  I live bishop Auckland at the min but looking to move next year nearer to family for childminding purposes!! Saving money is the end goal.  

My mam has always been mam except when talking to anyone from out the area then she is mum.  

Do you have a contingency plan for if you go into labour while visiting down south!!!! I booked to deliver at Durham that's where I had my last baby and it was lovely so pleased to be using the same hospital.

I'm stuffed now breakfast with Santa was lovely and now I'm waiting for Lauren to get sick of playing then we will go and get some food shopping then home for a christmas movie afternoon I think.

• Options

we're gonna have the baby seat in the car just in case and bring all my hospital bags down, luckily the hospital closest to me is a 10 minute drive away, but I've not heard great things about the delivery unit there so I'm really hoping little miss stays put. 

i'm going to Durham as well, everyone I've met there (bar one) is super friendly and really reassuring. 

where do the rest of your family live?? I wouldn't mind going back to London to live, my mums a childminder so that would be fantastic but we just couldn't afford a place down there and even though my parents have said its fine for us to move in with them till we can afford one i just think it'll really put a strain on us. When we were Living with his dad when it was just us two it was bad enough but adding a baby into the mix is asking for trouble

• Options

My family live in Northumberland so not too far but far enough to warrant a move.  

Ive slept all afternoon after the broken night sleep we had last night and I think tonight is supposed to be just as bad.   

• Options

It's horrendous weather hope everyone stays safe I had an awful night last night was getting pains on and off then throwing up finally fell asleep to get up this morning to did the trampoline accross the road so crazy hour at 8am. Been back and forward to is skating lessons today I've got the wron. Ice skates for my daughter as her coach lent we some today and told me which ones she needs reckons she has huge potential to go far with figure right skating so need to try and return the ones I have and exchange for a pair three times the price so Santa can bring the right ones.

we are currently watching the flood alert as Dumfries is badly effected river night had burst it's banks so fingers crossed we are ok 

• Options

Oh dear kayagh!! My daughter lived in dumfries til September this year then moved to dalguise and is back home till 5th jan when she is off to Spain for a year. She might settle down somewhere at some point!  I hope you all stay safe and sound I think weather is supposed to settle a bit around 6am so fingers crossed xxx

• Options

Thanks ladies think il just go with the flo and if the big day arrives and I have time to prepare the fluff then I will although I have to get oh to do it now as tummy is too big to see below and my arms won't stretch down enough now image

i hope youre all ok and the weather hasn't affected you or your Xmas shopping adventures? 

• Options

Weather seems to have settled, i hope none of you are near a river...there's one just below our house but for it to have any impact on us it'll have to reach the neighbours second floor..so we're okay :)

i have my placenta scan tomorrow :) even though I know its already moved itll be nice to have confirmation from the hospital midwife.