Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2016 Part 2

Replies

• That's good jojo image hope it all goes well tomorrow will be nice for you to see bub again

• Good luck jojo.

we are near the river nith so far ok but not good for lots of others near here I'm just glad the wind has died down and we got to see Santa today.  Xmas shopping is tomorrow can't wait to get all done 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Hi Megan I have completed the survey.

Jojo itll be nice to see baby today, I hope placenta is behaving!! I have a scan tomorrow to see again how much he has grown and if he has turned but I really don't think he has.  I will be 35+4 tomorrow and my first daughter was born very healthy at 36 weeks so I'm hoping for a date tomorrow I'm really struggling with it all now.  I have diabetes and keeping control of my blood sugars is near impossible.  I meet my health visitor today and fingers crossed she is nice, I am hoping to breast feed this little man but I also wanted that with first two and it never worked out so although I'll be over the moon if he latched on if he doesn't I won't get all upset and I think other family members will be happy that they get to feed him so either way will be fine.  

So pleased the weather has improved and the wind has dropped as it was awful listening to that night and day, although my oh went to low and high force yesterday with his camera to get some photos of the waterfalls and they are very impressive photos compared with how the waterfall and rivers normally look so he was happy with the photos he got.  He is very into motor sports and think he is hoping that his son is going to live cars too as he never really got the girls to be interested at all even though he tried hard lol xx

• I've never been to high force or low force, I've heard it's beautiful :)

my placenta has behaved it's completely out of the way, however baby is breech and it's at the lower end of the scale for weight...right on the borderline of it. So I'm not really sure how I'm feeling to be honest. I went by myself just expecting everything to be fine and it wasn't. 

so instead of going down for Christmas on the 18th i now have another scan booked up for the 21st so I'm hoping everything is gonna be okay. 

I hope your scan goes well tomorrow caroline :) 

• My problem is too much weight my boy is on the 99th centile so if I could give you some of his weight I would gladly part with it.  

We have awkward babies both breech!! I hope yours turns by the 21st, my health visitor came out this morning, she was lovely, I'm going to have to let Lauren have a half day at school tomorrow as just got a text message saying after school clubs are cancelled this week and my appointment is 2.15 so I'll not be back to pick her up, she will be a happy girl when she finds out she gets a half day at school and gets to come to the scan.  I'll update after scan tomorrow, don't worry too much jojo 21st is 2 weeks away so weight gets put on quite rapidly now and if they are at all worried you'll be booked for delivery so might just be another December baby for the due in Jan group xxx

• Pleased the weathers not affecting you kayagh. Enjoy Xmas shopping make sure you make oh carry all the bags image

Caroline my other half is also hoping our son will love cars and bikes as much as him, he will be going to all of daddy's races and will probably know how to rebuild an engine by the age of 1 image aww chunky, cheeky lil monkey! Is your stomach measuring big with his weight being high? 

Its still positive jojo, the placenta was the main issue and that's ok now image I'm sure bubs will put on some more weight and they arent always accurate anyway so I wouldn't worry and with him being breech that can change all of a sudden or the can turn baby if needs be or there's c-section as a last resort. All will be ok the main thing is the placenta is out of the way image

• Didn't mean to write him jojo you're having a girl aren't you? I've got baby brain today image

• Ha ha Mrs bear yes a full engine strip down and rebuild before age of 1 is definitely on the agenda!!!!  I was measuring 36 at 32 weeks so yes I'm big and feeling it, I honestly don't know how kayagh is coping with two in there.

after scan tomorrow if he is still breech I'll be booked in to try and manually turn him then depending on the outcome booked for induction or section. My mam has just phoned and I think she is more excited than us to get a date so strict instructions to make her the first phone call after oh when I've seen the team tomorrow xx

• you girls know how to reassure me :) I think if shes still breech in 2 weeks time then I'll be booked in for a section, the thought of her being turned scares me. 

I wish i could steal some of the weight off of you! If it wasn't for the fact her heartbeat is really strong and the blood flow is good they'd be more worried...I just hope she starts piling the weight on. 

OH was really upset that he wasn't there with me, but we didn't realise we'd have this problem...everything has been a breeze so far 

• Yeah the oh's have it tough.  My last pregnancy I was scanned at 10 weeks and everything g was fine then I went for my 12 week scan by myself and found the heart had stopped and had to phone Darren at work to tell him. He felt so guilty for me going through that by myself but just two weeks prior everything had been fine.  Darren asked me this morning if it'll hurt to have him turned manually I said it won't be comfortable but if it hurts they'll stop and just book a section, so he is now worried about that.  I feel so sorry for him he is always asking if he can do anything for me and when I say you could carry baby for a few hours so I can get comfy he feels so helpless.  It is all so out of their control and watching the person they love go through it and not be able to do much to help must be awful for them.  

• Jojo try not to worry they estimate their weights and if you have good cord flow that's a very good sign all is well and baby is just small which can be fine too both mine are right on the bottom of the chart too as long as baby grows in a steady curve and doesn't flatline she will be ok.  

Caroline two is tough right now I'm struggling with hydration and swelling and on and off contractions no rythem yet so we are fully ok standby as we are so close to term.  I can't wait to get my date next week at least I know that's the end but we are hopeful they will arrive on their own in the next couple of weeks Another week and I'll start thinking about trying to pursuade them that they are cooked 10+ lbs of baby is getting very difficult to carry.  

My oh must be sick of me moaning but he is so supportive he was like a packhorse shopping today primark boots and lush was all we managed and my back is killing me And I feel wiped got midwife in the morning for final bloods and antibody screen.  I haven't heard from my health visitor so I'll ask tomorrow what the procedure is here for that.  Plus side Mandy my midwife is lovely considering my care has been consultant lead she keeps in contact but all the midwives know who we are twins and antibodies kinda makes ya famous. We have got our heads around the birth I think babies will have group and save done plus they will screen for antibodies attached to their red cells and jaundice in the first 24 hours will be monitored but other than that a normal delivery as none of this takes long and we will get time alone immediately after their birth so excited now to get on with the challenge.  We have set a target of going for lunch and taking them by the time they are 4 weeks old.

• I hope everything goes okay for you today Caroline and kayagh :)

• All good here bp nice and low so apart from swelling and low down pelvic pressure from her head starting to engage we jist wait til next week to see hospital and get the end date.  It's just such a relief now cannot wait I would Love to go into labour before they induce me Think little miss is back to back so may be a bit longer to deliver her as she can't turn because her brother is in the way.  

• That's great kayagh image

ive had a hectic morning waiting in for the sofa and Health visitor. health visitor changed appointment time then got lost finding my house luckily sofa people didn't turn up until she was leaving but they also got lost looking for my house and they were meant to be collecting old sofa which they couldn't take in the end but they left without delivering the new sofa which panicked me as I got them to put the old one outsideimage the realised after leaving they had to deliver the new one but it wasn't in their van so they had to go back to depot to get it and bring it back! After all the drama my health visitor is lovely and the new sofa is here. Yippee!! 

Everyone else ok? 

• Well ladies my section is booked for the 18th so a week on Friday, I'm going in on the Wednesday to be given steroids he is still breech and weighing over 8lb so they decided not to turn him.

• Wow not long Caroline he's nearly here.    At that weight that would have been hugely uncomfortable for you and prob stressful for baba.  

Sounds like a hectic day mrs bear hope you are chilling out now and getting ready for ur big day.  

Trying to get into the festive spirit but it's hard now I'm in constant aches and pains and very very tired.  

• I think you'll be having the first bubba caroline!!! Are you excited/nervous? Ooo. :D

kayagh that's fantastic news, when's your inducement date?? At least you can definitely give birth naturally which is brilliant!!

aww Mrsbear seems like you've had a right faff on today! I'm glad your health visitor is nice! have your sofas been delivered yet?

compared to you lot my day has been a breeze,  still stuck in work till 6 tonight but baby has been constantly moving, shame it's not into the right position mind, but I've decided as it's pretty much all out of my control i'll just try not to think about it. easier said than done. But I'm gonna try :)

• Ooh, exciting Caroline image must be a strange feeling knowing exactly when you're having bubs? 

I don't know how you've got this far carrying two kayagh with your hectic routine image time to chill and get the oh to be you're slave!!! Ha! 

Chill, me, haha! Nope been busy doing all the washing and housework and cooking tea as we have friends over tonight. Gotta go shops in a lil bit just waiting for oh to get in from work. Even managed to fit a bath in image

hopefully work hasn't been too busy for you jojo nearly 6 image might sound silly but get on youre hands and knees and do some wiggling it's meant to help babies turn! 

• Very excited, I cried again in clinic today I've just had enough and stupid things are upsetting me such as i'be got one pair of shoes which will fit on my feet and they are a size bigger than I normally wear and they are horrible and nothing goes with them!!!! Which is the end of the world right now lol X   

Mrs bear what a chew on to get a new sofa but I bet it looks lovely,  good luck with dinner preparations for tonight, kayagh I bet your are not far behind me welComing your two bundles of joy into the wor and jojo I'll probably still be on maternity ward on the Monday when you get your scan so we will be meters from each other fingers crossed your baby will behave herself and turn all by herself X 

well it's time to put pj's on and feet up I would have a bath but to be honest it is so difficult getting in and sat down then I spend the time in the bath thinking am I going to be able to get out that it's easier to give up at this point and shower until after he gets here.  I've still got to be on high alert for signs of labour as my obs dr said because my heaviest baby has been 7lb my uterus could just decide to start contracting as its not used to the extra weight, so still taking it easy until I'm took in and delivered,