Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2016 Part 2

Replies

• Options

I get my date next wed with a final plan it will likely be the week after Xmas before new year if we haven't gone on our own as we aren't allowed past 38 weeks things feel like they are gearing up starting.  I would be hoping for the 28th so we can be home for new year we will need a couple of days in hospital for them to test the babies over the blood issue is actually thought that would bother me but with private rooms and ensuite bathrooms think the break from other kids may be good for me. 

OH is helping but his mother is driving me crazy trying to control our time I swear she messages him about closing the business everytime we have an appointment.  Now it's trying to get him to phone his daughter every night at 630 which is fine except my girls have their dad call at that time once a week and there's ice skating lessons and school discos at the moment Just when I thought I could catch a break she puts more pressure on.  I'll be glad not to be pregnant coz I'm feeling the strain When I should just be enjoying this last bit.

plus side daughters coach has told us she has great potential as a figure 8 skater downside I didn't get her good enough skates for Xmas so need to order more And they are 150 quid but she loves the sport.  Anyway I shouldn't moan gonna meet our little miracles really soon 

• Options

Caroline just read ur post know what you mean about the bath we have a normal one and our super size one but big one has slopey sides and I put bubbles from lush in that tends to be slippy so oh has to help me out but it is amazing only relief I get to the pain.  Same here with labour could start anytime no hanging about with us reckon they will be 6lb each 

• Options

Wow kayagh that's good weight for twins even if carrying 12lb of babies isn't ideal for mum lol xx 

so next week I get to see my daughters school play on Monday morning appointment with midwife Monday afternoon, Tuesday scan and clinic, Wednesday into hospital hopefully lots of rest before c section on the Friday, I can't believe I have my date and it's a week till Christmas so everything being well should be out and home as a family before Santa arrives xx 

• Options

Ooo you will be caroline! thats so mad!! 

Kayagh thats a really good weight for both of them :) as for the mil I think you'll just have to put your foot down or get the oh to stand up to her. 

These next few weeks are gonna be exciting :) 

• Options

Hi girls. 

Well I made it back down here after my mammoth weekend without giving birth on the M6, so I'm now able to start thinking about decorating the house for Xmas and some obligatory cleaning and nesting before babs comes along. 

I've got my 36 week appointment on Friday this week and hopefully the midwife will do a bit more examining and tell me where she thinks the babs is lying. I think it's head down, but it feels so hard all over these days that I'm not really sure what's going on in there to be honest! I am feeling the baby move about lots more during the day still, but it's still not engaged and I'm still coping quite well with it all. 

Im also wondering what I'll end up being called by the little one, because I'm from Lancashire where we call them mum and my OH is from Darlington in the north east so he refers to his as mam. I don't mind though to be honest. 

Hope all goes well with all of you this week. X

• Options

Wow you peeps can chat!!

I've got my Palmers skin therapy oil and I love it!!! Great smell, not greasy and I like the fact you can spray it on too - nicer than Bio Oil!

I'm exhausted from working on our dining room. It's getting there though and the carpet is due to go down on Saturday. Can't wait to start getting my house back to normal and do some nesting!! I've only got 3 more days left at work - can't believe how fast it's gone. 

I know someone asked about what people are doing about trimming things "down there" - I'm having a section on 5/1/16 and in the leaflet I got it said you need to have shaved around there before the operation. I don't really do shaving there (much) so I'm going to go and get waxed next Tuesday. It's gonna knack cos I haven't had it done for a year!

Xmas party on Sat night which should be nice. I'm shattered constantly and have also started sleeping badly, what with heartburn, hip pain and general weird vivid dreams, it's not conducive to sleep!

So pleased everyone is doing ok. Kayagh - you're making me exhausted just by listing the amount of stuff you get through - where on earth are you finding the energy to do all that stuff??? You're a legend.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'll be on here more after I finish work on Friday :-)

Loads of love xxx

• Options

Oh dear Caroline not long left and you'll be back in nice shoes image I would love to shower but we haven had time to fit one yet! That's first job next year image sofa is good and another thing ticked off todo list. I bought a rug online today before it arrived so measured space with old sofa in and now don't reckon the rug will fit. Damn! Hope all goes to plan next week. 

Exciting times kayagh hopefully will all go to plan. Don't let mil get to you. Hide the phone until you're daughter has spoke to her dad and let oh deal with mil being awkward! That's good about the skating not so good about the price of skates but atleast they will be well used. 

That's good tankgirl hope all goes well Friday image

Glad your getting there with the house teabag. That was me asking about trimming. Ouch! Waxing, rather you than me image your sleep pattern sounds like mine (non exsistant) hopefully sat will knacker you enough to sleep. 

Well tea went well played a few board games after dog was soundo on new sofa all eve and friends baby pretty much slept through too :) now finally stopped and sat on sofa catching up on to before I have another failed attempt at sleeping. Night all

• Options

Yep, dreams are mad. Dreamt that a large black platypus was pushing around a chimpanzee on a trailer last week. I just don't know where they come from!

I call my grooming sessions 'blind shaving' these days. Not sure what it looks like down there but I really don't care anymore!! 

Night night girlies. X

• Options

Oh wow! I've not had one that odd tankgirl what type heck are you watching before bed? image

Well I woke up with fat puffy fingers this morning image dont know wether to worry or not? 

• Options

That's certainly a strange dream tank, I haven't really had any weird ones like that...might need to stop snacking on cheese before bedtime :p

i'm so thankful I don't have swollen joints yet, hopefully its not too painful or incomfrotable mrsbear!

ive had the right run around this morning, was finally able to have a bit of a lie in this morning until I was rudely woke up by about 20 texts from the OH saying he'd forgotten his clothes at home (for his work Christmas meal) and can I bring them to him in Middlesbrough. So I've now sped through washing/ironing/cleaning myself and I'm shattered. Can't be bothered to drive there, i've also got to go to his dad's house and pick up and shirt/shoes so he can choose between three. Cheeky git. 

Also i'd like to introduce you to Mr. Stag. Formerly known as my belly piercing. 

Did yours go like this Caroline? It's dead weird (its not as stretched as that in real life the photo made it look a bit more weird than it is)

• Options

I know, crazy mrs bear! 

I've had swollen fingers for about a month now. Engagement ring may well be stuck. I raised it with the midwife and she said that swollen fingers are not necessarily seen as a worry on their own these days, but it is still worth mentioning to your midwife at your next appointment. They will check your wee for protein and your blood pressure, which are much better indicators for pre-eclampsia so don't worry too much just yet. You have 50% more blood and fluid going around your body at this stage, so it could easily be that your pregnancy symptoms are now catching up with you? When is your next appointment? 

• Options

Yeah I just had a read up tankgirl and I'm not too worried as my blood pressure has always been good and my urine has always been clear image next appointment is Tuesday after I get married just slightly worried oh won't be able to get ring on my finger image 

oh no jojo sounds like your oh owes you big time for rushing about after him when you were all prepared for a chill day! Hope he makes it up to you image

• Options

This is my belly button and what was my piercing I'm quite glad I can't see it at the moment as I don't think it looks attractive at all!  

Ive been up since 3 this morning and am starting to flag a bit now but got to arrange what we are having for dinner tonight so I better go out then I can have a lie down for an hour before Lauren comes home from school.  I've had swollen feet nearly from getting my bfp but over the last few weeks they have got worse and worse so hoping it doesn't take long for them to go back down after birth, I am also optimistic that I'm nearly all baby because my bump is solid and I don't seem to have really put much weight on anywhere else so may be setting myself up for a fall but might not struggle to much to lose baby weight.  

When I told my two daughters that baby brother will be arriving a week on Friday they both screamed with excitement so next Friday they will be like cats on hot tin roofs waiting for dad to come and pick them up to go and see him.  

I had to tell my mil that only children of the new parents are allowed on the ward to visit as she has custody of my husbands brothers son who is 10 and dhe would be camped outside the labour ward with 10 yr old in tow if she thought she would get away with it.  So she isn't happy but that's the rules and with me having a section I'll be in a few days.  But it'll all work out in the end and it'll be fine.

tankgirl I've had some vivid dreams but not a patch on the ones you're having! 

Jojo make sure you make your oh pay for today I don't think any man realises what we are going through at the min, I would have loved to throttle my male diabetes consultant yesterday at clinic and he is an absolutely wonderful doctor but yesterday I just wanted to say you live my life for a couple of days and see how easy it is for you to do everything.  I'm trying my best and can't physically do anymore xx 

• Options

msr bear some swelling is normal I have has awful swelling last day or so had to takey engagement ring off as it was painful.

im shattered today was up half the night getting pains but they came to nothing been on and off today too my tummy is aching with it all over.  Think little man turned too he was doing something funky.  

seems like some funny dreams there tank girl. 

Caroline I get what your trying to do just stick to ur guns I've been having similar discussions with OH re mil as I am hoping to get a day peace as babies need blood tests and stuff I think allowing some alone time is important the rooms may be ensuite but are small and with OH mil fil and 4 kids ya won't be able to move plus with cara being unable to be quiet I don't want a million questions to do with what's that etc.

• Options

I've had no pains at all so far. I'm really curious as to what braxton hicks contractions feel like. Does everyone get them?? (I know for a fact I'm going to regret saying this)

Caroline yours looks so normal!!! Why has mine gone weird, it's like the skin is super stretched. 

OH bought me lunch today to make up for it, but he's also decided that when we're down in London we're gonna go winterville at Victoria park. it's kinda like hyde park winter wonderland but a bit more unique. There's ice skating (which we most definitely will not be doing) and a backyard cinema (which at £16.50 a ticket for adults we most definitely won't be partaking in that either) but it'll have loads of stalls and such so I'm really excited, and as we're going on the 23rd (ironically the last day it's on) it'll make Christmas seem that much better :) 

• Options

Braxton hicks your tummy will go hard for about 30 seconds or so.  Meant to be painless but the more children you have the more you notice them It's the same with after pains the joys hey.  

The biggest shock with first is when milk comes in and you wake up with boobs like Dolly Parton can't wait for that lol.

• Options

Ooo I'm hoping for an increase in boob size! Mine have stayed the same throughout! Bit gutted really. 

i had the worst nights sleep last night in ages. Couldn't get comfy and I was so so itchy! Especially my feet. It was also the first time in 2 weeks that me and the OH slept in the same bed (he has a bad back and the old rubbish mattress is apparently better for it rather than the brand new bed & mattress we bought to specifically help him) but I don't think I can blame him for that :p

also when you guys have 'cuddles' do you get a bit carried away? it kinda got a bit rough last night, and afterwards it was like I had a stitch...ny stomach was as hard as a rock with the baby being there. Made me panic that I'd done something, but she's moving around fine today.  Sorry if it's tmi. Usually we're very careful it had just been a while.

hope you're days going okay...apparently theres snow predicted on Saturday for us lot in the north east :( 

• Options

Jojo perfectly normal bedroom activity can cause mild contractions hence the hard belly.  The stitch was probably just muscle pain.  My OH panicks about the babies getting hurt or knowing what we doing or hurting me but we manage to still keep things alive Tho it is a bit of a passion killer when they get all wriggly and he then stops to feel them.  My little man is right at the front of my belly so feel and see every move. Little girl is against my back facing the stars which worries me the it could be a tough delivery as how can she swing round the right way when her brother is camped in the way.  

Nearly another week done we are now prepped and ready to go average twins is 36 weeks so technically could be anytime now.  Getting quite nervous but excited.

• Options

Feel huge bur think it's still quite compact considering the amount of baby in there also feels a little lower too. 34+4 weeks 

• Options

I have to be honest it's a famine on the bedroom front here.  My PSD is awful and I'm in agony day and night.  

Maybe the moon last night had something to do with lack of sleep jojo because I got up at 2.30 because I was so uncomfortable, I ended up putting the santa Claus on so baby will probably be able to recite Christmas movie scripts when he arrives lol X 

mine if my friends had her baby boy at 1.38am this morning so I'm the last one out of us and we all have boys.  

My daughter has asked for a Sunday dinner tonight so I better crack on and get the veg prepared.  

This weekend food shop is going to be hard as I have to cater for no mum to cook evening meals which means easy to cook things for 19 yr old to make for her and Lauren and things which Darren can cook quickly after getting in from work and then leaving to visit me in hospital.  Then he will have to food shop next weekend which he will love as its the weekend before Christmas and shops are going to be manic ha ha I think the timing is perfect for me I don't mind if I get out of hospital Christmas Eve and all I have to do is snuggle on the sofa and wait for Santa xx 

(wishful thinking)