Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2016 Part 2

Replies

• Options

Just been for a lovely lunch out with OH probably last time for a while tho we have set a challenge for by the time babies are 6 weeks to do it again hahaha we could be dreaming. 

Just been told by doctors that my hb count  is even lower so they have prescribed iron tablets told the receptionist is that as well as the prescription from the hospital now they don't know and told me to speak to my midwife lol great communication On their part. I'm not worried I've been anaemic for months now. 

• Options

Yeah I'm on iron tablets too and the anaemia has me very tired but we take the pills and sleep when we can.  

Lovely to hear you've had a good day with oh I've had the house to myself all day and had intentions of hoovering and dusting but I have had my feet up and slept on and off so didn't do as I planned.  

I hope I get a good sleep tonight I feel so drained and my oh keeps asking if there is anything he can do to help but the short answer is no there's nothing.  Well Friday tomorrow and I've only got a week left!!! I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and can't believe how fast it has gone and the end is nigh for all of us.

• Options

Jojo- I get the same after cuddles and get the odd stitch depends how we've done it image bubs is pretty safe in there tho! 

Blimey Caroline you're as bad as kayagh! Have a rest youre guna have a baby next week image

Kayagh- I reckon you'll have the lil ones in a routine by 6weeks and out and about like a loonatic going about your normal daily chores while the rest of us are dying from lack of sleep image so exciting they could arrive at any point! 

Well had first antenatal class last night was good didn't think I'd be in fits of giggles through most of it image after oh dreading it he came out pleased with himself and very informed!! I now can't wear engagement ring of a night as sausage fingers keep appearing! How's everyone today? 

• Options

It's cold today!!! I've just been to buy a birthday present for my niece who is 7 on 17th and I realised I'll be in hospital then and baby coming on 18th so thought I better get her something today then my oldest daughter can take it round for her.  Problem being I can't fasten my coat up and refuse to buy a bigger coat this close to the end, I hope I'll get back into my coat soonish after birth, it's not like I'm wanting to be back in skinny jeans! 

Move got my mil and nephew coming to visit tomorrow then my mam and dad coming on Wednesday so I've asked them to take me to hospital Wednesday afternoon and my oh then doesn't have to take a day off work He can just come and visit wednesday night.  I'm getting very impatient for the time to pass now. I've stocked the freezer with ready meals and greggs frozen pasties from Iceland as my 19 year old daughter is not a domestic goddess not by any stretch of the imagination lol xx she can burn water so fingers crossed she can work a microwave and turn an oven on to correct temp and wait specified time ha ha xx

i hope everyone has a good weekend and I'm now waiting for one of us to announce they went into labour by themselves and photos to be added to this group xx

• Options

It's my OH's sisters birthday on the 17th and she'll be 17 haha. Her present hasn't arrived yet though unfortunately. 

i've already had to buy a new coat, though still a size 12 it just zips over my bump whereas my other one before (which was also a 12) left it open to the elements. So weird how sizes work. i was very reluctant to buy a new one, thank goodness primark are cheap and cheerful. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the antenatal class mrsbear! I was gonna go to one, but they're always on the second Saturday of the month, it's extremely inconvenient, so I'm just gonna go with the flow. I've still never changed a nappy though, or bathed a newborn or anything like that. I have a feeling I'm really gonna struggle, but I'll have OH's mum, gran and my mum (over the phone) to help. Plus my parents are gonna come up for a visit when the baby's born and OH has gone back to work to help me out a bit, which is really nice of them. 

My mum has started to get a bit more excited now, keeps asking how am I etc and how the baby is. Telling me not to worry about anything, so that's fantastic news. 

oh, and my nan is gonna be staying with my parents for about a month. She's finally taken on board what the hospital and what we've been telling her, so shes been getting out of bed more often and doing her physio excercises. I think she's finally had the massive wake up call we've been waiting for. None of us want her in a home at all. So she's gonna have the month at my parents (it'll be difficult and she's a stubborn woman but at least she'll have company for Christmas) because we have a downstairs bathroom and there will be people at night to help her if she needs it and we'll see if she can manage living on her own again. 

i think that's the reason my mum has changed. It'll be a massive weight off of her mind. 

Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd keep you up to date on whats happening :) (plus its really good to get it off my chest) 

not long till your wedding now mrsbear!! :)

• Options

We have a total disaster OH has noro and I feel awful feel sick headache and getting pains roughly every 8-10 mins told them they just need to wait til daddy is better  scared to go up the hospital in case it's labour and daddy after everything can't be there just keeping a close eye on things if I get to 5 mins I'll make a call but fingers crossed it's a false alarm. 

• Options

Oh god!! keep your legs closed kayagh! on a more serious note. I really hope it a false alarm for you, typical of the timing however. Let us know what happens (if you can) fingers crossed its a false one! Xx

• Options

Oh no kayagh, im keeping everything crossed that it's a false alarm for you. Sit down a relax hopefully it will pass. Hope oh feels better soon image

• Options

Caroline, I bet your relieved your pretty sorted and ready to go image

jojo im pleased things are getting better with your mum and nan. You'll be fine motherhood comes naturally you don't need lessons image yes I know the big day is getting closer! Looking forward to it image

• Options

kayagh I hope it's a false alarm and oh gets better very quickly.  After everything it can't happen like this so keeping fingers and everything else crossed that the pains settle down.  

• Options

I hope everything is going okay kayagh!! And that your OH gets better soon. Can't have a poorly daddy! x

• Options

Just a quick update things are less regular now still getting pains but not as often so think it's just a false alarm lots of pressure and babies not as active horrendous backache just been chilling in our big bath hopefully things stay settled til oh recovers he is attempting to try some toast and staying away from the kids he has his own bathroom so that should help protect everyone else.  What a day 

• Options

That's good kayagh just make sure he bleaches the bathroom not you image get him to try peppermint tea it normally helps me. 

• Options

Great news kayagh, sit back and relax and don't run around after poorly oh!! 

Xx

• Options

Crikey Kayagh, the drama never ends for you, poor thing. So glad the pains have settled down. Try and take it e-a-s-y.... I know that's probably against your religion :-) but try!! I've got to say as well, you're really compact in size! I don't know where you're hiding those babies but you look fantastic.

I finished work today - I'm still a bit shocked!!It feels surreal. Everyone was so lovely to me. And it's the xmas party tomorrow night too. 

I'm excited cos we've finished the dining room - we're getting the carpet fitted tomorrow. It's been hard work but I'm looking forward to it being finished completely. Then I can start tidying and The Big Clean. 

Need to build the baby's cot, need to buy him a wardrobe, need to wash all his clothes and pack a bag for us. Eek!

Caroline - have they said how long they'll keep you in for? I imagine it will be a few days since you've had diabetes etc. With my first, I went on the Wednesday morning for the procedure where they try and turn him as he was breech and I was 41+1. That failed so the gave me a section that day. He was born at 12.05 lunchtime, I stayed one night and the next morning, the consultant tried to get me to go!!!! I asked to stay in one extra night to make sure I had breastfeeding cracked, and he'd nearly choked the night before so I was stressed to death (he was making gagging motions, no noise at all and went blue), plus we had no toilet plumbed in at home!! So I stayed a total of 2 nights. I've got my section booked for 5th Jan and I reckon they'll chuck me out after 1 night - but I don't mind this time as our house is a home whereas before it was a building site!!

Yes Jojo - the tummy tightenings are totally normal after a bit of fun. I've read it's actually good for the baby because the muscle contraction brings more blood to the baby. 

My baby is breech :-) so should come out with a nice round head (always look on the bright side!). My son has said he really wants to see his baby brother now. So cute!!

mwah xxx

• Options

Hi girls. 

Kayagh, I hope you're feeling ok now, just try to relax!

I've not been too good myself unfortunately, I was hit with tonsilitis on Thursday and went home early from work with fever and headache. Fell asleep on the couch and woke with a pain in my left hand side. I had my 36 week midwife check yesterday and there was blood in my urine, which indicates I may have a kidney infection (which explains the pain in my side at least!). I think my mammoth trip up north and all the late nights might have started to take their toll.

Baby is head down and notes now say 2/5 engaged instead of free, which I was pleased with! I hadn't really felt an increase in pressure so was wondering whether it had started to engage, but midwife said you don't always feel uncomfortable in the pelvis area. She also commented on my crazy idea to keep working till my due date and asked whether they really needed me in work, as those who work right up until the end tend to give birth as soon as they relax! I just feel like I've got so much still to finish off and can't leave things incomplete. I won't be going back to the same job so ive got to do a handover and meet all sorts of deadlines before I can finish. Typical to get ill too when I have so little time left!

oh dear, that reads like a sob story, please ignore me! 

Caroline, less than a week to go, very exciting! And Jojo, you'll be fine when the baby comes home, practice makes perfect.This is my first baby too and although I've changed a fair few nappies, there will still be a learning curve. Don't worry about getting it all right first time, all your baby needs is you. 

To all you other girlies, hope you're doing ok and making sure you relax now (I think I'm starting to understand why it's so important!!)

• Options

Oh, Mrs bear, my fingers are also sausages and I've had to permanently take off the long awaited engagement ring. Here's a pictures to brighten your day😉  imageimage

• Options

Teabag - yay! No more work image although it sounds like you won't be resting. nice round head. Haha! Aww that's sweet, not long until they meet image

tankgirl - sounds like you're having a rough time. Hope youre feeling a bit better? I'm interested to know if I'm engaging will see on Tuesday image you are crazy working up to your due date I think your body is trying to tell you to chill before bubs arrives. I wouldn't worry about everyone else I'm sure they can figure things out you need to think of yourself and get some rest otherwise there will be no time left! Pleased I'm not the only one with sausage fingers! Ha! I'm good got some sleep last night, whoop! Just having a chill day I do need to do the housework at some point tho! Unfortunately the dog is asleep on my lap so I can't move :D

• Options

All seems to have calmed to irregular pains still lots of pressure down below and not quite sure which way little man is now thinks he is lying right accross the top of my tummy she was head down but facing my front back to back she now feels like her back is to my side which is a better position.  

Tankgirl really hope you are feeling better soon.  

Move resorted to no engagement ring also feels strange without it.

teabag I don't feel like I'm carrying two most of the time I honestly expected to be much bigger even with them moving it doesn't always feel like two i  think the whole twin thing is gonna still be a omg moment once I hold both.

getting so excited now it really could be any day now OH is convinced 16th but either way only two full Saturdays left bag is good to go just trying to finish xmas off will get everything wrapped this week and OH is trying to sort last bits for the girls and need him to get a ps4 control for eldest.  Trip to post office to post back to my relatives and then I'm done.  Final hospital app on wed for last scan until delivery day that's pretty scary final plan to be sorted for delivery day too the end is so very close those two cots will soon be occupied and life will change completely.  Trying not to think of the birth that's scary worried about the bit between her being born and him just hope all goes well No hiccups But there will be tears who else has packed tissues for the men.

• Options

I'm keeping my legs firmly crossed it has snowed here since lunch time which my oh and daughter are loving but I'm not so keen!!! imageimageimage

im  pleased things have settled down a bit for you  kayagh, tankgirl I hope things improve very soon, teabag I'll be in till the Monday or Tuesday because my insulin requirements will drop very rapidly after giving birth and I have no warning when my blood glucose drops so they will keep a close eye on me, mrsbear I'm not sure when the wedding is but I have a feeling it's this week coming so I look forward to photos and have an amazing day xxx