Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2016 Part 2

Replies

• Options

My OH said pretty much the same thing Caroline. He thinks it's mad that I've joined this and found someone who only lives 15 mins away! 

had a nice lie in this morning, but been busy ever since...washing done and drying, finished wrapping up presents (i only have 4 more to do and they're in London) then I'm making dinner tonight, doing the ironing and then washing up. I'm sure I'm supposed to be relaxing at some point! 

my m/w is coming on Thursday for a home visit and to discuss my birth plan, I'm not really sure what we're gonna be able to decide because if baby is still breech then I want to have a section, the idea of them trying to turn her really fills me with dread. 

• Options

Well that's another Monday done bathrooms and kitchen cleaned kids rooms done washing done ironing hahahaha later maybe as its a mountain. I'm shattered now still feel pretty rubbish constant headaches think I'm fighting off a cold Or it just hormones.

choccy cake to ice tonight just something simple I think then up early to drive all the kids to school.  Can't believe it's Xmas next week where has the year gone.

• Options

Oh lord you saying its Christmas next week had just made me realise it's Christmas next week!!! I think in my head it's still a few weeks yet but all we can think about is this week I guess once we have that over then I can think about Christmas.

kayagh your posts and updates about the work you put in make me tired just reading them.  Today I've been to school play, bought fresh veg for dinner and made mince and dumplings but I also had an hours sleep this afternoon haha or I wouldn't be able to function.  It was 3am when I got up this morning it's between 2.30 and 4.30 every morning at the minute and I hope that maybe when I go into hospital on Wednesday I will sleep the clock round until baby gets here as I'm not the type of person who can function on this much sleep.

Will oh not do the ironing for you??? Mine will, then I'll look at it and it'll drive me made that he hasn't done it like I would but I think at the moment if an iron sees the clothes then that might be good enough for me lol 

xxx

• Options

OH takes so long to iron that I just take over in frustration. I can't cope watching him iron a shirt for 20mins!!

im waking up at 6am at the moment, its about 4am for my night time wee haha. I'm not getting proper sleep though, I wake up throughout And my hips have started to really play up again. 

kayagh at some point you'll message here saying you've had a stress free relaxing day....not that i know when that's gonna be mind! 

OH has a secret Santa thing at work and they're only allowed to spend a maximum of £3 and they have to be creative in it. So I've had that lovely task to do. Luckily the person who he got has a beard...

i present to you his secret Santa present that I came up with...created..and wrapped...i'm very impressed with myself haha 

(I made the box. That's about as creative as I get)

• Options

Ha ha very good jojo.  I wake for the bathroom but then realise my hips are really painful and I can't lie on my back so I just get up and sit on the sofa for a while to let my hips recover then try to get comfy on the sofa some mornings I manage to get another hour and other morning I don't but I'm lucky that I'm able to rest through the day. 

I know what you mean about men and ironing it also takes my oh hours but I have to learn that for a couple of weeks after my section standing doing much at all is not advised so I'm determined that I have to relax a bit and let him do stuff round the house, even if it's not quite up to standard, he has just come in from work and didn't realise his mince and dumplings were in the oven so he has gone in the fridge and heated one of the microwave meals!!!!!!! Never mind Lauren said oh well I'll just eat dads now haha so she is seeing how much of that she can eat, mince and dumplings is one of her favourites.  

Well hospital tomorrow to have a final scan, put on monitor and see diabetes and obs team before I'm admitted on Wednesday so I wonder how much weight he has put on this week he was 8lb 5ozs last Tuesday I'll update you all tomorrow when they do another estimate I'm hoping he has stopped growing because I want a cute little bundle in my arms come Friday.  Lol really as long as he is fine he can be whatever size he wants xx

• Options

Tonights efforts just a simple design coz my belly was getting in the way of the work tops my youngest wanted a sitting Santa cake but seemed to understand that 3 hours icing a cake is beyond me at the moment Hopefully she will like this and as its chocolate brownie cake it should be yummy. 

Caroline your wee man will be adorable chunky little ones are ace my eldest daughter was 9.8 she looked two months old the day she was born always wanted a little baby and now I'll get two I'll be frightened to break them.  Good luck tomorrow is it wed you are getting steroids we have been told we don't need them now as we are passed 34 weeks.  I hope your diabeties behaves itself.

my OH will do the ironing tomorrow for me even tho he is wanting to go look for a new car I'm not so keen don't want to be too far from home at the moment.

• Options

Hi girls. 

Im still not 100% with tonsilitis, kidney infection and a cough too now, these things really do time themselves for the most inconvenient time dont they! Good thing is that baby is fine and has been moving around plenty. I'm going back to work tomorrow regardless, as the sooner I'm back and finishing things off, the sooner I can start working from home! I'm just glad that I've got all my Christmas shopping done and dusted. I've got a big family and have bought presents for 21 people this year! Plus I made 6 Christmas cakes, and decorated them and have given 4 of them away. This could explain the illness....!

To the northeast crew, it round be great to meet up but I live down in Bristol and only visit Darlington a few times a year, if we're all still in contact I will let you know and perhaps we could have a meet up?

Caroline, im so jealous that you'll be getting to meet your little one on friday and wish you lots of luck. It's so exciting and I can't wait until my day finally arrives. I'm due on the 8th jan and there's no sign of any movement just yet so I think I'll probably be late. 

Also, I received my palmers oil today and wanted to thanks to the lovely girls at mfm for sending it on. I really love it and it is so convenient being in a spray, plus it smells lovely too. Thanks again. Xx

• Options

Wow what a talentd creative bunch you all are in here, the cake are all looking fabulous.

its now 3.25 and I've been up about 10 min which to be honest it much better than I thought I was going to do tonight as my hips have been sore from getting into bed so 3am I'm looking at as a success! Fingers crossed I can try to lie down again in an hour and u might get a bit more sleep, problem with getting up this time of the morning is that all I can do is put the tv on quietly or read a book as I don't want to wake the rest of the house up so its a complete waste of time where I could be cleaning or if I was as creative as you lot I could have knit or made something for baby lol, I'm just not good at stuff like that.  I hope you are all nicely tucked up in bed fast asleep.

• Options

Hope you got some rest at some point Caroline.  

Well biggest kick in the gut my parents sent my kids their Xmas presents and let's just say the message is loud and clear no Xmas card for me and my brother sent the game pie face for the kids to share hmmm I'm sure my 14 nearly 15 yr old will appreciate that again not even a card for me they ignored my birthday last month too feeling completely hurt all because we moved away they always spoiled the kids ridiculously before but not this year.  Good job we saved up to cover Xmas this year we will make it special but jeez I feel so hurt Not sure there is any going back from this now feeling so upset and emotional this afternoon.

• Options

Hi ladies I did have a quick read through, lovely cakes/ presents. You guys seriously need to rest you make me feel lazy image and kayagh don't let parents get to you they are loosing out not you. You don't need them to enjoy Xmas you're going to have a fantastic Xmas with all the children image

well my day started interesting! Oh had upset tummy from spicy food last night so we were running late for the wedding so he put his foot down on the main road, passed a speed check van and now might get a ticket. Wedding was perfect and rain stopped for some photos, took the parents for drinks after then said bye to them. Had planned to do some shopping but couldn't be arsed so got some lunch and came home. Then oh spoke to his parents who were upset we didn't have a big wedding coz he's their only son. This of course has really upset the oh. Had mid wife app with new midwife and she's sending me for a growth scan next Tuesday as I'm only measuring 33wks at 36wks so oh is really worried about that image and I feel emotional coz I dunno what to do to lighten the rest of the day! Uh, drama! 

• Options

Congratulations MRSBear X sounds like a stressful start but a beautiful day just as you wanted it, 

kayagh parents are worse than children I hope and pray I don't turn into anything like that as I get older!! 

My hospital appointment was not so straight forward, baby is now estimated over 9lb I still have a urine infection which might be why my back is so sore so I'm back on antibiotics, I've got to be on the ward at 8 tomorrow but I've had to say I'll be as close to that time as possible but don't think I'll be able to make 8.  I'm now carrying a lot of water around baby so have been told he will have a nasogastric tube inserted as soon as he is born.  So I've had to explain to oh and tell him not to worry when that happens.  I'm so tired now but in agony with my back so don't know if I'll get much sleep tonight either I just really want baby here.  But two days to go then I might make it first on Fridays list fingers crossed xxx 

• Options

Oh gosh Caroline. Well Atleast your prepared and like you say hopefully you'll be first on the list Friday image

• Options

Congratulations mrsbear, hopefully youve got what you wanted from your big day, and although it can be nice to have a big wedding, it's what you want which is the most important thing. There's plenty of time to celebrate in other ways for the rest of your life!

Sorry to hear about the growth scan, I'm sure it'll be fine and everyone is different, so you will probably have a growth spurt right before babs is born. I've been over and then right on track and then over again with my measurements, but everyone says that I look relatively small, so it may just well be your frame. I'm sure babs will be just perfect 😉 

Kayagh, i know it's hard not getting upset about family not sending gifts and cards. I had a particularly poor turn out for my birthday this year and I felt really disappointed. It turns out that everyone was just having a particularly bad spell of organisation this year and they all had it at the same time. Still, it's never fair, particularly when you put the effort in with them, it can be very hurtful. Try not to worry about them and think about the absolutely amazing presents you are about to receive from yourself😉

Caroline, I hope you feel better soon, having a UTI when you aren't pregnant is bad enough, won't be long though now until the back pain is alleviated and you have a beautiful baby boy in your arms. 

Im getting quite emotional these days, keep thinking about meeting my little one and hoping she's going to be ok.  I guess it's natural to start worrying about their health and any birth problems at this stage? I am eager with anticipation and excitement and also anxious to get everything at work sorted and cleared. I made it into work today and am in until Thursday, then working from home until my due date so I am hoping that the little one doesn't come along early! Ive nothing to base it on though as this is my first! 

Xx

• Options

Aww Caroline I hope tomorrow goes well and Friday be here so quick now.

Growth scan tomorrow 1230 final plans for the end excited but as always nervous more blood results final ones I think but at least we should get our date need to discuss delivery I'm still in two minds re a section as wee man is transverse and yhe whole reaching in and grabbing him kinda freaks me out.  We will know more tomorrow. 

As for parents they will be the losers as the kids are already seeing them for what they are.  Xmas wrapping to do and we are done OH decided to treat all the kids to a special present and they will love it.

• Options

Thanks tankgirl and I'm having all the same feelings about meeting this lil one very exciting and scary at the same time image

Hope all goes well tomo kayagh I'm sure it will and exciting to get a date. Aww that's nice it'll be a lovely Xmas image

• Options

Ahh Mrsbear I hope you had a beautiful wedding, and don't forget you can always have a renewal of vows and a larger guest list further down the line if you want too, the most important thing is that you and your OH are happy and had a fantastic day!

kayagh that's so bloomin awful, definitely can't choose family. It happened with my cousin and her mil. My cousin has 2 children from a previous relationship and she's been with her partner for over 12 years (the kids are 17 & 18) and not once has the mil treated them like people. Barely acknowledges them, but they see her for what she is and I know they appreciate my cousin a heck of a lot more now. I know it's a different scenario but try not to let it get to you or them. 

geez Caroline! This baby isn't making things easy for you! I hope you're the very first one in on Friday! I'll have my fingers crossed all day for you! i can already tell I'm going to be watching my emails like a hawk to see when you get a chance to reply from recovering :)

tank i'm exactly the same, I can't wait for her to get her :) 

mrsbear try not to worry too much, I'm sure bubs is doing okay in there, just think, it's an extra little chance you get to see him before he's born :) 

• Options

Congrats mrs bear my post was chopped in half I hope you had a lovely time.  Enjoy married life I can't wait we have decided on July next year.

• Options

Thanks jojo. You been chilling today? 

Thanks kayagh. Ooh July not long will come round quickly image

• Options

Yes and no, OH had his other work christmas party today in lanchester so I drove him there this morning and i'm about to leave to pick him up - he remembered his clothes this time thank goodness. 

Been doing washing and when I come back ironing. It's really lonely being in the house all by myself when all my friends are at work etc. We don't have any pets either, but I have been promised a cat when the baby is old enough so i'm clinging to that! 

Ooo kayagh July will come around in no time! I'm waiting on the initial proposal :p he says he's thinking about it but the timing isn't right for him. I'm not fussed either way, it'll happen when it happens :)

• Options

Haha! Pleased he remembered his clothes image I don't iron. I wash and put away when I wear it if it needs ironing il do it, much easier! have a safe drive. Maybe he's waiting for bubs to be born then he'll ask you image