Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2017

Replies

• High hopes I've been sneezing loads and it bloody hurts lol. 

We had had to announce it to my hubs siblings because I do taekwondo with one of his sisters and I had to tell the instructor so we decided to tell them before tonight's class. I got my 4yo son to hold my chalkboard saying I'm being promoted to big brother January 2017. They were shocked and happy.  Hubs little sister is due in November so I'm glad I'm not far behind now because I was devastated when she announced hers. 

• Congratulations Daisy, that's amazing news! Particularly after waiting for so long :-)

I agree with everyone else on the bra front- I have never been well endowed so it is coming as a shock to be noticing my boobs ;-) I think I might end up living in sports bras for a while...

Daisy that is a super cute way to announce your pregnancy. I had to tell everyone at work as soon as I found out but we haven't told our parents yet- we are waiting until we next see them. It is nice to have some time to plan how to tell them :-)

• Morning ladies 

hi daisy congratulations on ur bfp that's amazing I bet it was a shock ..I was tryin for 10 months an didn't think it was ever goin to happen to can imagine how u must of felt ..what a what a lovely way to announce it :) is ur little one excited to be a big brother?...me an my partner decided that we wanted daisy if it was a girl an I was only saying last night that I didn't know of any other Daisy's haha

bunny, we are the same as u havent told parents yet we are doin it on bank holiday Monday an abit nervous to say the least ..my partners parents are very proper an believe u have to get married first ect so hoping they will be ok an excited as well..how are u feeling today?

mummy2roo and Danielle how are u both doin?

went to bed last night realy early an slept soundly from 9 till half 6 so feeing much better today...doctor gave me somethkng to help me sleep which is safe during pregnancy altho still a little anxious about taking anything whilst pregnant but he assures me it's ok that it's given to ladies who suffer chronic morning sickness an also helps with insomnia ...i swear my boobs are getting more painful ..is it normal to have so much pain an heaviness?

• Jules....confession time lol. . Daisy is just my screen name. I think it's a really cute name too. You should definitely consider it. It's not very common. I just wanted to stay anonymous on the forums incase someone who knows me picks up on my name. Lol. And my real name is a very Asian name so yeah lol... 😂😂 there's my name story. 

I'm thinking of telling my mil tomorrow. But she one of those who gossips and won't be able to keep it quiet so I'm thinking to leave it for a while.  My mums 200 miles away so I might just text her lol as I won't be seeing her till July at least. 

My son is confused hekeeps saying he wants a big brother lol. Just now on our nursery run he said when u get a baby and it cries I'm not going to do anything funny to make it quiet. Lol. He is so funny!! 

• Huge congratulations Daisy87! And welcome to the Due in Jan 17 Birth Club. When I told my mum I was pregnant (i'm going back 6 years) she told my entire family - I was not happy!

BunnyTheVet - so dare we ask, are you an actual vet? Is this why you had to tell your work?

Jules80, I'm doing good - thank you for asking! But then i'm not pregnant, though I do have pregnancy envy! My hubby won't let me have any more :(

Don't forget, if you guys need anything on the forum, please do PM or contact us at contactus@madeformums.com

• Thank you Danielle... I think I will just tell mil before her daughters tell her because she will find it offensive that she found out from them. 

I find if I eat a good breakfast fried egg toast beans cup of tea it reduces the amount of nausea I feel that day. 

I went to taekwondo last night but didn't do the torso punching n kicking. 

Hopefully I can carry on staying active throughout my pregnancy. 

My only worry is that my son came 5 weeks early. My waters randomly broke and I was induced 4 days after staying in hospital and then had to stay in 5 days after so they could keep an eye on him. I don't want thst with this baby. And I have a feeling it will be a girl lol. Any one else have thst feeling? 

• Gender pressure 

Hey girls hope everyone is doing well I'm doing good have my first ultrasound scheduled for 6weeks , it will be tomorrow morning. new symptoms for me my nipples are throbbing did not have this with my first pregnancy for my son.

I was wondering if any of you other ladies have experienced this or are nervous about experiencing this. I have only told my mother-in-law my parents my two best friends and my husband of course. My mother-in-law has three sons no girls and always wanted a little girl she was disappointed when she found out my first child was a boy of course she loves him and helps us out a lot with him and when we told her we were pregnant again the first thing out of her mouth was it better be a girl I hate when people do this I don't feel the need to have two children of the opposite sex I would be completely thrilled to have another little boy and for my son to have a playmate for the rest of his life I know he can do this with a sister as well but to me it really does not matter and when I told that to my family so far they say oh you know you really want a little girl I just hate the pressure around it and I wish people would stop doing it I know it's only going to get worse as I continue to tell people including my two sisters who I am telling when we have dinner in a couple of weeks altogether. any tips on how to handle this ? anyone else experiencing this?

• Hi ladies, I didn't know whether to join the January or February birth club as I'm not sure when my due date would be - im only on my second cycle since coming off the pill and my cycles have been really messed up (my first one was 50 days long). I THINK I ovulated 4 weeks ago (but got a BFN when I tested last week), which would put me at 6 weeks now but my CB test says 2-3 weeks which would be 4-5. So I'm going with 5 weeks, which JUST puts me in Jan!

Sorry for rambling on anyway - I really didn't think I could be pg - this cycle had been 58 days so far but I put it down to the pill. But I tested this afternoon as I woke up feeling slightly nauseous and got two instant, strong BFPs (not with FMU either). Feeling excited but also nervous! 

Congratulations to you all! (And hi again Jules! Hope you're doing well)

• Well hello SugarandSpice85 - we just saw your two test sticks - no denying those fabulous BFPs!!!! Congratulations!!!! And we're so glad you jumped into this thread - great to have you here!

• Thanks Danielle! It seems as though the new thread worked... Hopefully it'll bring everyone else the same luck!

• omg omg sugar OMG I'm so happy for u :):):) u know what I had this strange feeling u was ur symtoms are the same as what I had an if had a negative too...I was still following the other thread an didn't see ur bfp ...ah I'm so made up for u u must be so happy xxx

• Congratulations Sugar! I was lurking in the trying to conceive forums for a long time without ever posting anything, so I have seen your story and am so happy for you :-)

Today is a day off for me (whoop, four day weekend!) and I have one plan: sleep! 

How is everyone else feeling today?

Oh and yes I am a real vet, with cats and dogs mainly. I use X-rays and all sorts of potentially harmful drugs so I had to tell work ASAP to avoid putting baby in harm's way :-)

• Thanks Jules and Bunny!

Yeh I remember our symptoms were very similar Jules. You were just a few weeks ahead of me! I hadn't tested for a week and a half until yesterday so I'm not sure when I would have got my first BFP (yesterday's were quite strong).

Bunny it must be quite a relief to know that work know so early on. And yay on the 4 day weekend! I'm actually not working atm (I'm writing a book, which is kind of work except I don't get paid and I really enjoy it) but my hubby has today and Monday off too so we get to spend a 4 day weekend together which is nice. I literally couldn't do any writing at all yesterday though as I was too excited.

Has anyone got any symptoms atm? I don't really have anything other than mild cramps and the odd burning twinge through my left nipple. A few people said that they stopped fancying alcohol when they got pg but sadly that's not the case for me yet - I opened a bottle of wine a few days ago (before I found out obviously!) and it's now sitting sadly in the fridge lol. I told OH he will have to drink it while I sit next to him with my water...

• Sugar yes I had all of that but the pain in my boobs has just got progressively worse my OH is convinced it's twins lol but I'm sure I'd have alot of other symptoms if that was the case..has the tiredness hit u yet? I'm really so happy for u :) how did u tell ur OH ...il be 8 weeks on Tuesday so u must literally be just behind me..do u know when little bean was conceived? I understand the frustration of having such long cycles I think mine was at the 56 day mark when I found out so u never quite know when u ovulated ...everyday iv had bad cramps an i get worried but it's meant to be quite normal..have my first midwife on Tuesday so looking forward to getting all my notes :) will feel really real then...have u told anyone else?x

bunny,danielle,mummy2roo an highhopes hope u lovely ladies are doin ok today 😘Xx

• Omg just had the most mortifying experience ..was on the phone to my doctor an just randomly burst into tears ..today an yesterday have been been very crazy emotional everything an anything is making me cry ..don't dare watch anything sad il be in floods :/

exhaustion has hit me today ten fold I'm struggling to even leave the house I have to go pick up a prescription an put my boots an then sat down for an hour...ah the joys of the first trimester 

• Hey ladies what to do for headaches? I have a bad one today and I'm going to the theatre at 8 tonight.  Dreading it now. Had a long day at training at work and now got this ugly headache. Hate paracetamol cos it doesn't work on me. 😭. 

• Daisy have you made sure you are well hydrated? If not that definitely won't be helping. 

maybe one of the other ladies on here might be able to recommend a specific essential oil or something?

hope you can enjoy the theatre!

• Well ladies twins ! Baby A measured 6w exactly and a flicker on screen of heartbeat baby b measured 5w6d no heartbeat seen but sac and pole visualized she said it's very early and normal for 1 baby to be behind the other by a day or two. 

• Good evening Dolls, : ) 

Big congrats to Daisy & Sugar on their wonderful news!! <3 

How are we all on this lovely Friday evening?? 

Oh wow what a cool job Bunnythevet !! I'm a big animal lover : ) 

Awww.. hope your headache feels better Daisiy.. I agree with Bunny on keeping well hydrated : ) 

Big cuddles to Jules.. I had an emosh day the other day LoL The joys of pregnancy eh !! *Rolls eyes* : )

How old is your Son Highhopes?? I have a 9 year old Son too : ) 

I've been having nausea all day long : ( an I've also broken out in spots (I never get spots) an feeling a little under the weather.. Hopfully I will get past this hole looking like I'm on deaths door stage soon enough LoL 

I've got my first midwife apt booked for the 6th : )

x x x  

• Omgwaaaaaaaaaad twins !!! 

Awwwwww... Massive congrats Highhopes2 !!!!! <3<3 That's Wonderful news !! 

Sooooo happy for you x x x