Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2017

Replies

• Highhopes OMG wow that's amazing how do u feel? Do u have twins in ur family?

daisy I'm the same can't take paracetamol but iv tried peppermint an lavender oil mixed together an breathe it in it does help :) hope u feel better

mummy2roo ask ur doctor to give u some promethazine it's not harmful to the baby but really helps with sickness an also helps u sleep iv had to get some to help with my insomnia an it's a godsend

sugar how are u feeling now?

• Awww.. Thanks Jules80 : ) I will defo look into that !! 

x x x 

• No no twins in my family but I was on Clomid so there was an increase chance of twins my doctor called and scheduled me for an ultrasound in one week so that they can try to visualize hopefully a heartbeat in both. they only saw a slite flicker  in baby a today. Oh and my dad called she said that was perfectly normal for being exactly 6weeks today and that one baby usually develops a day or two behind the other so we shall find out one more week

• Highhopes, ah bet ur so happy :) i asked my doctor about clomid but was told I'd have to pay for it an would cost thousends an that's when I tried the soy cos I read it works the same as that just not as strong an I'm convinced that's what worked for me :)

think im gonna have an early night tonight the emotions meltdowns are getting worse I opened the door for my cat an she just sat there looking at me an I burst into tears cos she wouldnt come in lol 

• Thanks Mummy2Roo! Hope you're feeling better. Jules, I think I'm about 4-6 weeks so I'm saying 5! And yes, I have been really tired today actually - we went shopping and I just really wanted to nap lol. I ended up telling OH via text when he was at work coz I was too excited to wait. Are you feeling any better now? It's just cramps for me atm although I do feel a bit overwhelmed emotionally. I have told one friend coz she knew I was testing this week so asked. I wanted to tell my parents first but I'm not seeing them til next weekend. Are you ladies telling anyone at this stage?

Wow twins HighHopes! Congrats.

Daisy, I know what you mean re the headaches. I'm feeling a bit guilty now - I never take painkillers but I had concussion last week and so had to take paracetemol at least twice a day for about 5 days. I prob would have just coped with the pain if I had known. I don't find they even work that well either.

Hope you're all having a pleasant evening! We went for a drink (soda water and lime for me!) at a local beer garden and just cooking dinner atm. 

• Morning ladies

had the worst nights sleep last night all evening had really painful wind (tmi sorry) an about 5am had a really dodgy belly :( I think that's the effects of eating chilli nuts 🙈Won't be doin that again ..can't seem to be able to eat anything spicy atm...is anyone else suffering that?

hope u all had a good nights sleep an feeling refreshed today xx

• HighHopes wow! Double trouble! Congratulations! :-)

Morning Jules and everybody else :-) I am finding I definitely am having more vivid dreams and am really warm and sweaty whilst I am sleeping- but I don't know if that's because I'm pregnant or just because the weather is warming up! 

What plans does everyone have for the weekend? X 

• Oh wow Highhopes2, 2 for the price of 1 - amazing!

• Morning! I'm generally not a good sleeper anyway but I had a pretty good sleep last night. I have always had super freaky, vivid dreams and got up to go to the loo at least once in the night so no difference there! Bunny, I was quite warm last night but OH was too so I think it was the weather in my case. I have always been one to sleep without pyjamas, just a sheet and the window wide open! 

Jules I'm not finding that I'm having any probs with food yet - possibly coz I'm a little bit behind a lot of you. Last night for dinner we had nachos with jalapeños, fish with Thai yellow sauce and spicy rice with scotch bonnet chill, so I think it's safe to say I'm okay with heat! 

Well we are going out for dinner with a friend tonight for her bday and it's pretty much the worst place to try to cover up being pg - it's a steak / cocktail place. I looked at the menu and there's almost nothing I could have unless I order a well done steak, which i usually refuse to do. It will also be very unlike me to not get a cocktail or wine. She knows we are TTC as I am her bridesmaid in August so I think she is bound to guess! I was planning to tell her just not tonight.

What are everybody else's weekend plans? We are going to the rugby tomorrow - Wales v England, so OH and I will be rivals for the day!

• Morning ladies, : )

Oh I lovvvvvvvve spicy food!! It was all I ate when I was pregnant on my Son. I tucked into a chicken vindaloo with spicy mushroom rice last night for dinner an it was lush !!

Just out of interest here (sorry bit random) but has anyone had there blood results back an found out they are Rh negative?? I found out I was when I was pregnant with my Son and had to have anti D injections throughout my pregnancy.

Where is everyone from?? I'm London btw : )

x x x

• That sounds nice sugar I wish I was able to go out for dinner but the smells of the different foods would be too much ..do u think ur friend is goin to guess? I think I'd struggle to keep it to myself I'm not very good with waiting lol were telling the in laws on mondayso abit nervous about that

mummy2roo..lucky u I wish I could eat spicy food but judging by my reactions to it I'm goin to have to give that up for a while...my appetite has completely vanished I don't seem to fancy anything atm :/

im from Newquay Cornwall originally from Essex an looking to move back closer before the baby is born I miss my family an friends ..it's beautiful here but think I'm a city girl :)

• Hey ladies. 

I had a lot of water yesterday because I had an ultra sound scan for my left ovary they found a cyst on it 2 months ago and said they wanted to monitor it. DH said just call them and say you're pregs so don't need it is told him that's not the point they r monitoring my cyst not whether I'm pregnant or not. But I told her I was was pregnant and she said OK I thought I was about 4 weeks but my pregnancy app aisle telling me I'm 6weeks today. Initially the so no graphed said won't be able to see anything but then she decided to do an internal scan too and she saw the pregnancy sac. I asked her to show me so she did and it looked big on the screen cos I think she zoomed in. But baby foetus was teeny. So yeh I had lots of water. I had to take the paracetamol when we got to the theatre I had crisps and ice cream and my headache pretty much went by the end of the show. I have a feeling I just needed salt. Lol. 

Wow high hopes congrats on the twins. My DH is praying for twins. It's not gna happen tho. 

Have a lovely weekend ladies. 

Xx

• Mummy2roo my partner is actually RH negative and I'm wondering how that works with my being O negative. 

I went to the docs over two weeks ago to see if they could offer me an early scan due to my missed miscarriage in Janurary but still no word, have my booking appointment in 3 weeks but I'm already 8 so I think their pushing it. Can't help my anxiety with this pregnancy just want to know everything is on track. 

OH is taking me out for Indian tonight to cheer me up, can't wait for a bit of spice 

• Emma that must be really difficult for you- I can't wait for my scan to make sure everything's ok, and I don't have a reason to think it might not be. 

Hope the Indian does cheer you up. My poor DH keeps making lovely meals for us and I eat a few mouthfuls and don't want any more :-/

• Hey EmmaA1990, : ) 

Firstly big congrats on your wonderful news!! <3 

I'm so sorry to hear about your missed miscarriage before.. Try not to worry hun (I know easier said then done) but I'm sure this baby will be a sticky one!! 

To help ease you're mind.. Ask your doctor to refer you for an early ultrasound.. I'm sure they will totally understand the reason for requesting one!! 

In regards to the Rh neg.. I think the risk is when Mum to be is neg an if father and the unborn baby is postive.. When Mums an baby's blood mixes then Mums body will reject the pregnany because our body see the pregnancy an something harmful/alien.

So because of this we are given Anti D injections to stop complications in this pregnancy an future ones.

Also women who are Rh neg an suffer an miscarriages are suppose to have one aswel. 

Its all very complicated.. I don't quite fully know it all myself.. Other then it is in our best interests to have to anti D injections (But I do think the risk is lower if both parents are Rh neg) 

I have my booking apt on the 6th so I'm going to mention it to the midwife there an then.. rather then wait for the blood test to come back an tell me something I already know. 

Do mention it to your doctor/midwife hun!! 

Hope you an your hubby enjoy you're Indian tonight

: ) 

x x x 

• Hi ladies, how are you feeling today? I'm super exhausted - I fell asleep for two hours this afternoon, which I never do. I'm also feeling really emotional, like I want to cry constantly.

Mummy2Roo, I'm not too far from London - in Berkhamsted in Hertfordshire. From South Wales originally though. My parents are still there and i do want to move closer but it depends on my hubby's job and what he decides to do next.

Jules, I ended up telling my friend before we went out - me and OH didn't know anyone else there so I thought it might be awkward otherwise. Good luck for telling your in laws!

• Morning ladies

sugar bet she was so happly for u :) did u have a nice night out? 

I think I'm goin to invest in some sports bras today the pain is started to get me down I can't sleep I can't move around properly an its making me so cranky :(

i going to be a hot one today by the looks of it an were goin to Plymouth to tell the inlaws..I got a card that says on the front 'just to say'...an I found a 'grandparents to be' poem an put the date baby is due so printed that off an put that inside so hopefully they like that :) thought it be a nice way to tell them 

hope u ladies have a nice day xx

• Hello there, am kinda worried, had an HCG test and the results were negative, yet i have done 2 home tests and the results were positive,

but previously, i have had my ps n they came on the usual days they r supposed to be, surprisingly they were so long, abou a week long and painful, but the ast three days they were light.

has anyone gone through this?

could i have miscarried?

am kinda confused but i am considering another HCG test this week and an ultra sound could also help relieve me. thank you

• Hi Rho, you got bfps on hpts at the beginning of May didn't you? If you thought you were about three weeks then, you should be about seven weeks now and from what I understand your blood hcg should be quite high by now so it sounds as if you probably aren't pregnant. Did your doctors give you any advice other than negative hcg? Or it might be worthwhile doing another hpt to check now?

if you haven't bled since you found out it sounds unlikely you had a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage, but it is very rare to get false positives so I am a bit stumped really. 

Feel free to jump in here anyone else who might understand these things a bit more than me- animals are completely different to humans so I am a bit out of my depth. 

• Jules that is a lovely way to tell them, I hope they are excited! I think it will make it really special for them to have something to keep and to be able to remember the moment when they found out. 

I still haven't quite decided how to tell my parents- we have had ages to decide as we are going to tell hem face to face and are not going to see them until they come to stay as they live on the other side of the country (they are in the Lake District and we are near Peterborough). We have been looking at Pinterest for all sorts of ideas on how to tell people and for my husband's family I think we have settled on a dummy with a note from the baby asking to look after the dummy in case we forget to bring one when the baby comes to stay. 

Has anyone else done anything like this?

Oh and I totally agree about sports bras! X