Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2017

Due in January 2017

Replies

• Bunny I think the poem I found with a scan pic is the perfect way to tell them il try an and u a pic of what I have image

• Hi rho my pregnancy before this one was the same as you are describing. I had a faint positive the next day a bit darker two days later when I took another test it was barely visible my doctor did a HCG blood test which was negative she confirm with me that I did have a chemical pregnancy or a early miscarriage which means the egg try to implant and did not do so successfully you should get your period in a few days if you do not I would request an ultrasound and they may have to give you a medication to jump start your period if there is no pregnancy best of luck to you just so you know my current pregnancy I conceived the cycle after my chemical. my doctor  said you are more fertile and that it is safe because it's a very early miscarriage and this one happens to be twins best of luck to you Rho.

• Jules and Bunny, your ways sound much more exciting than mine. I get really embarrassed about things like that (I hated telling my parents when we got engaged!). So I'm going to keep it casual - my parents are coming to stay in a few weeks time and no doubt my mum will bring a bottle of prosecco or two. When she offers me a glass I'll say something like "Oh no, I can't drink", and then they'll guess as it'll be really unlike me. My hope is that the conversation will then move on very swiftly although I know that won't be the case as my mum is really excited about grandchildren 😂

• Thanks Highhopes, that makes sense. Best of luck Rho, and do let us know how you get on. 

Aww Jules that is so sweet! I might steal something like that :-) I am thinking of maybe a jigsaw so that they have to piece it together to find the message. 

Sugar I know how you feel- normally I am not one for doin things in an emotional way but for telling our parents this feels different. You just have to do whatever feels right for you though :-) x

• Morning ladies 

had my first midwife this morning ..didn't realise they take ur bloods on the first visit I'm sure I was further along last time I had them ...an the notes are enormous now!!image Feeling very real now :):)

hope u ladies are doin ok xx

• The dreaded first trimester cold

With my first pregnancy I got a horrible cold around 7 or 8 weeks pregnant was hoping because it's warm out that I wouldn't catch one this time around but of course yesterday woke up with a sore throat runny nose this morning full on head cold just hoping it goes away within a couple of days awful night's sleep couldn't breathe through my nose at all hope everyone else is feeling well

on a better note I go for my ultrasound on Friday to check on both the babies! fingers crossed!

• You're right Bunny - you just have to do what suits you! I really enjoy all the weird and wonderful ways people announce their pregnancies online but I think I would just keep that quite low-key as well.

That's exciting Jules! Did it all go well?Well I have booked an initial GP appt for Monday to confirm everything. I am a symptomatic haemophilia carrier so I will also need to let the haemophilia centre at my hospital know i am pg and go to speak to them about it. So many appointments to book! I'm feeling paranoid about my lack of symptoms so I tested this morning and got another BFP thankfully - I was starting to think maybe I had imagined it! I guess it's not surprising though - the furthest along I could be is 7 weeks but the least far is almost 5... I know a lot of people say they don't start getting symptoms until 6 weeks. 

Do any of you ladies run / go to the gym? I do a few times a week and I normally push myself quite hard. I'm not sure whether all of my usual gym activities are okay to do now and to what extent I should rein it in. I guess I'll just take it easy this week then ask at my appt next week. Me and OH also ski regularly at our local indoor place but this is something a lot of sources advise against due to the risk of falling. Some others though say that as long as you're competent and take it easy then it's okay. So many things to consider!

Hope you're all well.

• Hi sugar yes I go to the gym an it's fine to still go i just stay on the cross trainer an running machine but no weights ..midwide said light exercise is good for pregnancy ..altho u might have to give up the skiing it's probably too risky in case u fall

ur midwife will go on ur last period even if ur cycles are long my midwide has me down as 10 an a half weeks an I know I'm not that far but she's booking me in for a scan when I get back off holiday so il know then x

• highhopes..hope ur scan goes ok bet ur excited to see ur babies :) do u feel any different ..they say twins cause more sickness an heightens all the normal symptoms?

• Actually the only symptoms I've had are breast tenderness and headaches but I know they're in there LOL I would never know by my symptoms I did have a lot of cramping in the beginning but I'm a lot of women that only have one baby have cramping as well was a complete shock

• Still waiting on my early scan date, now nearly 3 weeks waiting. But purchased a doppler my first pregnancy and think I caught baby's heartbeat today for a brief minute, like a little train steaming along

• Wow emma that's amazing how many weeks are u? I thought u could only hear from about 16 weeks as it's so small..think I'm goin to invest in one of them in a few weeks :)

highhopes, lucky u with no sickness ..I haven't had much just abit of nausea so hopefully it misses me I dont think I could cope with that on top of the painful boobs an tiredness ..is it normal to grow about 2 cup sizes in sucha short time it's crazy!!

january is gonna be a busy month for us it's so exciting ..after the babies are born will have to start a new group

will u all find out the sex of ur babies?

• Yes hoping one is a girl I have a 3 year  old son wouldn't mind the twins being a boy and a girl 

• Jules80 I'm only 9 weeks or so I think without having a scan. Yeah it was faint but a definite rapid beating, relieved as for ages I tried with my first pregnancy and never heard anything to find out that baby stopped developing at 5 weeks. Yeah my boobs have gotten way bigger, bras are so uncomfortable but boobs are so sore to not wear one. 

i want to find out the sex. My OH already has two boys from previous relationship so little girl would be lovely 

• Thanks for the gym tips Jules! I just went for the first time since finding out and it wasn't too bad - a little bit harder than usual perhaps.

In terms of the sex, I would want a surprise given the choice but I don't think I can because of the haemophilia.

That must have been lovely Emma!

• I wouldn't want to know the sex but my husband is trying to persuade me we want to find out... I just think I would prefer a surprise. 

I am really impressed with how active some of you ladies are- I have spent more than a year now trying to do couch to 5k and I keep finding excuses to take a break from it... I was really hoping to be active throughout my pregnancy but at the moment I just feel like sleeping all the time. Maybe once I hit the second trimester I might feel more energetic??

Emma that must have been such a relief! X

• Wow yous are all so active, Im a student nurse and do 12 hour shifts so that's the height of my exercise anytime off is spent chilling out. 

Thanks it was, just can't wait now for the 12 week scan to see baby now. 

• Hi everyone, we don't suppose any of you have a 6 year old son, and fancy him taking part in a MadeForMums toy experiment TOMORROW at MFM HQ in Hammersmith, London? If so, you'd need to be in London for 10.30am, with the session lasting no more than 1.5hours. We'll give you a toy and goody bag for your troubles, and we'd dearly love to meet you too!

We're also looking for 2 baby boys aged between 8-12months to take part as well - do you have any friends or relatives who's babies might fit this age group? If you're interested, please come and post over on THIS NEW THREAD and we'll get in touch right away!

• To be fair, I don't work atm and I don't have kids either so the gym isn't too challenging to fit in! I did go when I was working too but it was harder - the last thing I felt like doing after getting in was going to the gym knowing I wouldn't be home til 9 and would then have to cook dinner after that. I can imagine that being pg and working would make you not exactly feel like exercising! I try to go 3 times a week and then go for a brisk 30 - 45 minute walk on non- gym days.

My biggest fear though about working was that I wouldn't sleep enough when I got pg - I have a naturally late body clock so when I was working I only really got 4 hours most nights. But left to my own schedule I get 7 or 8, which is much nicer! 

Hope you ladies are doing well today.

•   well I spoke too soon about the morning sickness thing this morning I threw up my coffee and prenatal vitamins  I am 6weeks 5 days.