Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2018

Due in January 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Congratulations StephieLou95! how was the honeymoon? Looks amazing.

Heres a pic from my 4D scan, sprogladite is camera shy and had its hands in front of the face for most of it. Really chuffed as my Mum got to be there and see it. I have a 10 min DVD to watch as well when I want and 18 images on a CD so I can print them off. They printed three little pictures for me and one A4 so I gave a little one to my mum for her travels.

I didn't want a 4D scan to begin with, I am not a fan and think they just look like play dough. However after having it I would recommend it to everyone! It was lovely I got to sit next to my husband and hold his hand so I can actually see the smile on his face as he watched the screen. (Not been able to in the other scans) As it wasn't to check if anything was wrong it was nice to relax and just enjoy the moment. I would suggest to wait as long as possible as the facial feature will be more defined and the picture quality should be better :)

Found a Step aerobics lesson for pregnancy on Amazon Prime if anyone has it. It's under and hour and I have really been enjoying it. Doing it in my pj's first thing in the morning, I don't have a step or weights so just been doing it on the spot and using drinks bottles when they are using weights. 

• Has anyone had a bit of mucus plug come when they wipe? (Sorry for the gross question) x 

• No need to apologise for the question. This is a safe place, what we are going through is natural but there are some aspects of it that are not very pleasant. Sorry I cant help though as I haven't had any mucus yet. Didnt even know it was possible to come out before birth. Have you spoke to your Midwife about it?x

• Hi everyone,
    On the forum today we're asking, did anyone steal your baby name choice? If so, please come and tell us on this new thread here. 

There's also a £150 Amazon voucher up for grabs - to find out how to be in with a chance of winning it, check out this sponsored thread here. 

• image I can feel movement! It's defiantly not trapped gas or a poorly tummy! I have had a few today and just had them now, I poked my bump back and sprogladite responded with attacking the bit I had poked. This happened a few times... have a stupid grin on my face now x

• Ah that's great Lilamz! You'll feel it all the time now...

Anyone got sciatica/back ache? Could hardly sit at my desk today cos of the pain :-/ so annoying....

Just got home & trying to stretch out...

We're going to have a 4d scan but probably not until nearer 30 weeks... I like the idea though, plus after 20 weeks it's a long time to wait until 40 weeks to see them! Plus another chance to make sure everything is okay :-) 

• ️️Awwh lilamz so glad you've felt them move :)

I'm struggling with back pain and every so often it moves to pain down my bum and leg :( I've tried a few things to help but only thing that helps my back is a hot water bottle but nothing that really helps my leg :/ 

Two of my friends at work have given birth within the last so it's making me so excited for my little bean to get here :) xxx

• Thanks Guinesrule & Lauralouke 😁 

I struggled with back pain for the first few weeks but I now have a wedge pillow to sit on and a Lower lumbar support on my chair at work which has really helped. 

• Hey ladies!

Beautiful scan Lil! And I haven't seen anything resembling a mucous plug yet, so sorry I can't be of help there.

I have another scan in a week and I am impatiently counting down the days! I am officially 21 weeks today and think I have felt something, but not exactly positive. It's late at night when I'm finally laying down and quiet for the night, but it has been very random and I can't be positive that's what it is. I know there are plenty of women who haven't felt anything still at 21 weeks, but I just want to know that all is going well! I feel like I'm in this grey zone of pregnancy, where there is nothing telling me that anything is wrong, but I'm being a worrywart (which is SO unlike me) that because I'm feeling so great and don't have a big belly yet nor have felt kicks yet, that something might be wrong. I know I posted something like this before, and honestly, despite me writing that part, I'm very calm about everything for the most part...I just want to have a constant window into my belly so I can see that baby is just patiently chilling out in there :) 

No sign of anything like a plug, sorry. Maybe mention it to your midwife? 

I had baby kicking away this afternoon and my youngest was feeling it and laughing. Unfortunately, I told him it was kicking! Then suddenly he tried to kick the bump and said 'Me kick baby! Naughty baby!' Aggghhh!!!! I had to grab him before Alan (bump) ended up with a two year old attacking him. 

Definitely decided to book a 4D scan. It's our last baby and I want something to break up the last trimester a bit. 

Baby brains were in full flow this week when I had to ask one of my other pregnant friends how pregnant I am. Turned out I've added a week on somewhere?! Not sure how? So I thought I was 23 weeks, but I'm 22 weeks. 

Get your bumps out girls! I love a bump pic and its nice to see them growing into proper little bumps now. 

Cant sleep this week I am wide awake during the night and super tired all day 😕

How long after feeling movement does it get into a pattern? Not sure if I need to be looking out for what time the kicks happen or what I am doing at the time. 

• Amazing bump and scan photos! So nice seeing us all grow now 😀

I had my scan today. I'm 22 weeks. All was fine. It took ages for them to get all the images they needed because baby wouldn't stay still! I have slightly too much blood going to the placenta apparently so have to have extra scans at 28 and 32 weeks to check and make sure I'm not at risk of pre-eclampsia but I they said the risk is very low. 

imageimage

• Awww love it Lilxamz!! There's a good bump coming on now! I like being at the stage where people no longer look at me with that puzzled look as if to say, 'Is she or isn't she?' A mum on the yard congratulated me last week because she could tell it was a bump now and not just a carb belly! I've felt massive for ages so she must have thought I'd been on some carb binge! 

I find that Alan is most active when I'm lying down so in bed in the morning and at night. He's kicking away as I type! But in the day I don't feel him very often unless I'm sat still doing something like reading a book. But then that's because I'll be rocking him off to sleep when I'm up and about. I've felt him moving for a few weeks now but only in the last two have I noticed when he's most active. Does that help? X

• Nobodyputsbabyinthecorner that's such a clear scan pic! Fabulous! I'd try and put the pre-eclampsia to the back of your mind (unless there are other warning signs obvs) and enjoy the fact you get to see your little one again on the extra scans. 

Loving the bump! I'm 22 weeks (although I did think I was a week further on last week for some reason) and I think our bumps look roughly the same size. x

• Thanks KatPaws, that has put my mind at rest I am not sure why but it was really worrying me that I wouldn't notice a pattern and then miss it when sprogladite became less active. 

Bump and Svan pics are fab I love seeing them all and it's so nice to be golong on this journey together and being able to share 😊

Im trying to arrange a bump to Baby photo shoot with a lady who did our engagement shoot. Anyone else doing this? 

Also went to mothercare yesterday and they have events for expectant parents so it might be worth having a nosey at your local one to see if they have one think you can check on mympthercareevents.com

• Awwh lovely bumps everyone! Time seems to be flying by! Im 25+3 already, can't believe it! 🙈💚 

• Thanks katpaw. Yes I'm going to try not to worry about it. I feel pretty good so think I'll be fine. Yep we look pretty similar! It's nice to see all the different shapes and sizes. Everyone looks fantastic. 

• Been up since about 3am, Sprogladite has been having a party! I'm sure there has been somersaults as well as punches and kicks. I hope this doesn't become part of the rouine. 

Hopefully taking the dogs for a walk will send it to sleep and I can get some rest, my tummy is starting to feel bruised 😕

• Oh no Lilxams! Hope you got some sleep in the end? 

• Thank you everyone we had a lovely honeymoon and wedding. All been very hectic. 

I love all the bump photos, my bump is still only small though at 24+1. 

I'm going to a local nct nearly new sale next week to try get some bargains for this baby and we haven't really started buying yet. anybody started on their nursery yet? I'm thinking of starting after halloween - gives me enough to time to buy all the bits and decide what I want It to look like!xx