Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2018

Due in January 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• imageLoving all the bump pics! 

Im 25weeks 2days and it looks like a football under my top now! 

Trying to find more wintery maternity bits.... it was easy in the summer with dresses etc... but I've invested in some maternity tights :-) 

• I have maternity jeans and leggings and love them! I thought about the tights but I wasn't sure what the difference between them and normal tights would be? Do they have the bump cover part? Lol xxxx

• Hi ladies .I had a melt down in mothercare on sunday as im inbewteen sizes my current size is to small and next size up is to big .Did the school run this morning and my trousers kept falling down ☹.My poor husband on sunday i was in the changing rooms upset feeling fat/  ugly .Bloody hormones ☹xx

• Yeah Laura they have a massive over the bump bit- so comfy! Got some from H&M.

Thiking of booking a 4d scan soon.... but don't want to do it too early- has anyone else had one? 

• Guinesrules we are going to book a 4d scan. We had one with our first child at 27 weeks and it was amazing! I think between 25 weeks and 30 weeks is the best time.

we are going to book for around the 27 week mark again this time because it was such a clear scan last time. We also are going to get the teddy bear with the heartbeat in xx

• What's the teddy bear with the heartbeat?

• Ewan The Dream Sheep- sell it at many retail shops, mammas and pappas, John Lewis etc

My brother and his GF have bought this as a present for us. 

Heard many positive things about helping baby settle and sleep. 

• Thanks Stephielou- I've just booked the scan and I'll be 28 weeks... exciting :-)

Aww Mich it's really hard to find flattering maternity clothes ive realised! I'm getting loads of bits on eBay- wrap dresses & tops which flatter the bump. Got one pair of comfy Topshop Maternity jeans & lots of leggings! 

• Yeah im finding that Guinesrules thank you .think i was just having a off day xx ☹

• Ladies having the 4d scans. I have already had mine at 22weeks, The further along you are the better as the facial features will have developed and be clearer. I was very happy with mine there is a picture further up the comments :-)

I have found H&M do a nice range that dont cost the earth. Gym leggings are still proving to be a pain, just ordered a third set online so fingers are crossed they fit and are not see through.

Baby Showers! What are people doing? I have decided I didnt want a baby shower but I did want a day with my girlfriends. We are looking at getting an AirBnB for a night, stocking up with goodies and having a sleepover, watching chick flicks and eating junk for the evening. Girls Night In image

Ooo there is a Baby Show in Birmingham NEC 2nd + 3rd December. Anyone else thinking of doing one of these types of shows? or has anyone done one... are they worth it? x

• I'm living in maternity leggings but bought a pair of maternity jeans which also slowly fell down last time I wore them! 

Im going to the baby show at Excel in October. Not been to one before but going with a pregnant friend so should be fun. 

Ive also booked my baby shower today. My mum lives abroad and is over here in December so I thought it would be nice to do something so she can come. We've hired a room in a pub for a couple of hours and will just have some food and drinks and maybe play some games. 

• We're going to have the 4D scan at 32weeks for my birthday. Can't wait to see her again!

babyshower- I'm really not in favour of them personally, I loathe being centre of attention or want people to think they have to buy things for the baby. Most my friends have already bought little bits anyway and I'm happy with that as I just feel it's because they've wanted to rather than felt oblidged to. 

I know being a friend of pregnant friends I wouldn't see it that way and it's md being paranoid lol but then I'm also that friend that showers my pregnant friends and their kids anyway without going to a baby shower. 

I said to my best friend, I'd rather just go to a spa to relax rather than a formal baby shower. I also wouldn't want my friends who didn't have them to think their pregnancy meant any less than mine.But I appreciate everyone's each to their own. I'm just weird- my Husband thinks I should have one but I'm def not that kinda woman. 

Everyone celebrates their pregnancies in their own way and that's lovely. We're all different. We've all felt the struggles getting here (me anyway) but I did say just get pressies for the baby for chrimbo instead of spending on me as I really don't need anything. My only wish for my bday (November) Is fresh pair of ancle Uggs as I live in comfy flat shoes now. No more heels for a while 😂🙈

• Hi JazzyJ. I'm struggling a bit with the baby shower thing too for all of the reasons you give. As I say, I decided to have one so my mum could feel included in the run up a bit. When I booked it I wasn't thinking that people would bring gifts and now I'm worried that people will think I'm being a bit egotistical. I'm going to ask people not to bring gifts to try and get past that! Hopefully my friends know me well enough to realise it's just seeing all of my favourite people that is most important to me. 

• I can recommend a baby sleep sounds app for the phone to help with baby sleeping. I'm currently sleep training my baby girl with the little ones programme and we have had good success so far. 

I was never keen on baby showers but when I had mine I actually really enjoyed it.

I went to the baby show at the NEC back last year was good as was 20 weeks and hadn't bought anything. Thy do loads of different stuff. If you have everything then probably no need to go but I did enjoy it x

• I might be tempted to go to that NEC in December, didn't realise there was one happening then. I know there's a big one in London in October but I'm put off for various reasons however the location in NEC is more up my street but I do wonder how long my pelv could tolerate walking for. NEC shows are usually massive. 

Defo enjoy your baby shower and girl time, I just think it's not personally for me x

• Ignore me- I often make sentences up in my head that don't exist 😂😂😂😂 there is no NEC in December, it's March (just checked). 

Baby show olimpia 

• Olympia- London on 20-22nd october x

• Can I ask what's putting you off the Olympia one, beforevI buy my ticket?

• I've just been to the Baby and Toddler show in Manchester this weekend. I got a great new baby bag, two baby slings and a new nursing cushion. I loved it. The only thing I'd say about these large scale events is that you often see 'show price' or 'this weekend only' on things, yet when you check online this isn't actually the case. If you are going to make a big purchase go and have a 'think' while you Google whether you're getting a good deal! 

I'm booking our 4D scan for about 30 weeks I think. Can't wait to see him again. 

I don't like baby showers. I should say that I love attending them/ organising them for other people but I don't like being in the middle of it all. None of my friends were having them when I had my first child and then last time I was so poorly with SPD that it was physically impossible. I'd rather go out for an afternoon tea maybe, but as low key as possible. And with a considerable amount of cake lol! 

How are we all doing with our cravings? Anyone had any really odd ones or developed Pica? One of my friends ate baby bath sponges and another craved bags of ice! 

• JazzyJ there is a baby show at the NEC in December. I found it by going directly to the NEC website!

I didn’t want the gifts for a baby shower either that’s why I’m judt having a girly night in. I have made it clear to all the girls I just want to spend a bit of time with them all before the baby arrives.

Cberg, thanks for the info I have nothing yet so I might just book tickets and go to the one in Birmingham. 

Not having any cravings 🙁 I have a fancy for a certain food one day and its different the next and it doesn’t really matter if I eat the food or not. Don’t know what PICA is so my guess is I dont have it 😉 

Struggling to concentrate on work while sprogladite is moving around, it’s getting more active now and my husband has felt a few twitches but we can’t be certain it’s a kick yet as it’s so soft.x