Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Just going into London tbh (not that I'm too far away), nothing to do with the show itself as I'm sure it will be amazing. Ive looked at the NEC one and might do that one as it's nearer Christmas. Just can't find the exhibitors list like the one at Olympia. 

• Guys if you go to The Baby Show, please do come over to the MadeForMums buggy testing track so we can say hello to you - think I'll be there on the Friday! We also offer 40% ticket prices here: http://www.madeformums.com/school-and-family/save-more-than-40-on-tickets-for-the-baby-show/23332.html

While we're here,  we would love for you to come and tell us if you've had a best or worst trimester so far, during your pregnancy over on this new thread. We'd ❤️ to hear from you! 

• Lilxamz, Pica is common in pregnancy although you don't have to be pregnant to have it. It is when you develop cravings for non-nutritional items- usually non-food. The cravings are often related to texture rather than taste. I know lots of people who have had it. One of my friends picked plaster out under her stairs (so her husband didn't see it) and ate that! I had another that was addicted to sniffing baby sponges and then that developed into a compulsion to chew them, then swallow it. And another who ate bag after bag of ice cubes. She literally just wanted to chew the ice.

I've only really had things that I have really fancied eating this time, but I don't think I have really craved anything. It tends to be on a daily basis, though I have had a lot of ginger beer! But I haven't moved onto plaster, sponge or ice yet lol!

• 23 week scan today and when the photo came out it looked like this!image

• Thanks KatPaws, I defo dont have any cravings for non food items. It does explain why a teacher I had at school had to move rooms as she was craving chalk. 

LilibetGlew, That scan is Fantastic! I love how clear the spine is. Out of all the pictures I have my favourites are one that looks like the Iron Man mask and the other of little ones feet. I think its really nice to have different ones rather than the usual lying to the side (although they are nice). 

• I can't see the baby, I just see a face!

• Aww that's a great pic :-)

Little legs on left hand side... then spine curving up with head right at the top! 

Cant wait to have our 4d one to see his facial features! 

• I can't wait for our 4D scan either.. 

i feel like my hormones have officially kicked in now- despite me saying 2weeks Ago how calm and happy I feel etc.

im now a time bomb waiting to explode if the slightest thing irritates me or upsets me! 

Sadly the Husband has been on the receiving end a couple of times this week! Especially if Ive just bleached the bathroom for the 5th day running and how dare he not leave the bathroom in the immaculate state he found it in! 

Im terrible for cleaning ATM its become a compulsion to thoroughly clean everything- spending £90 on a carpet cleaner Wednesday just because I wanted the (one piece of carpet) in our house to suddenly look,smell and feel brand new again! My husband didn't question my nutty behaviour tbh. 

My dog has been raising my blood pressure- resorting back to her puppy behaviour of chewing things! I love her so much, she's my furbaby and feel guilty to even say out loud 'bad dog' in a deep tone. Her sad face literslly made me ball my eyes out tonight lol ridiculous but i love animals and know telling off does zero for behaviour but I was fuming coming home to our laminate edging strips had been ripped up and chewed to pieces. folking out £60 for a 1:1 dog trainer now 🙈 

I hate feeling this temperamental 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

• Jazzy - totally with you on the hormones!! I've become a jealous, possessive nutter! I've not been like this before but it's got a bit out of control. OH in being very patient with me but i must be driving him mad! 

• Glad someone can empathise! 

im literally having little moments of anxiety about the baby being here in real life.. being a warm nest to her for so long and then bam.. one little human ready and waiting for all her needs to be met. I'm sure I'll do as good as a job as many but being a first time mummy and not just a step mummy, is a out of this world feeling. 

shes  what we have wanted and tried for, for a very long time to the point we had private fertility apps and told IVF was our best bet. So the following month I got pregnant without help was beyond amazing. It's like the reality is setting in now. so all those prayers and external 'power of the universe' beliefs it would happen, are here now. I just know my imagination of her being here will be magnified by a million and nothing will prepare me for that reality. 

I love each day feeling her and stroking my belly. I just find it fascinating what women can do, grow a human. 

• Completely agree Jazzy! We really are incredible beings aren't we?! 

Im starting to think about the birth now and getting to know my new best friend. It's such an incredible feeling knowing this is all going to result in an actual baby. I feel like the luckiest person alive. Sounds like we've gone throughout the similar battles to get to this point. I honestly can't quite believe how lucky i am to have got here 😍

• Ladies it makes me feel so lucky when I sit and read about the journeys many of the women on here have been through. And I agree- our bodies do such amazing things. It's totally understandable that along the way we often feel awash with emotion that we barely know what to do with. I'm at the point where I cry over ridiculous things at the moment: an advert, the boys being really loving with each other or even if a song comes on the radio! I stood and sobbed the other day because Monty's birth song came on while I was cooking tea! I also think it's entirely normal to feel anxiety about the little human beings we are growing being here. I'm on number 3 and I still feel it. It's a big thing! And particularly when it's your first I think you come to a realisation that life is forever going to be different- in the most wonderful of ways! I'm trying not to think too far ahead at the moment or I kind of feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. I am actually thankful I've got Christmas to distract me a bit first! Hopefully going car shopping on Saturday as we need something big enough for three car seats in the back. Oh the joys of car shopping with a 7 year old and a toddler! I'm thinking I might just sit in a cafe somewhere and let my other half just pick something while I eat toasted tea cakes! 

• Oh you are not alone! It is super scary that there is going to be a little person that I need to look after soon... I am a first time mummy as well and I have wanted to be a mummy for a long time. Now its starting to become real I keep questioning if I am ready and how I am going to handle certain situations. I feel like I have started this journey and had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Belly Buttons! Has anybody's popped out yet? Also only just found out about Baby's belly button! I have no idea how I have never seen a babies belly in the first few months. I am not sure I am going to be able to deal with it in real life the pictures are not pleasant. 

I have my 25w appointment with the Midwife tomorrow and have a list of questions. Has anyone had their Whooping Cough injection or Flu jab yet?

• Glad I'm not alone with those feelings :)

My belly button has started to 'flatten out' over the last few day. My piercing hole are both way up high? Where as before the bottom pierce hole would be inside my belly button and never be seen really. 

I read- don't know if it's true, they pop if baby's back is to our bellys. I have prodded her a few times and felt something of her move away. Was very surreal lol 

I can have my flu jab this month. I'm probably going this saturday to get it over and done with. I'd rather a blood test than vaccine! The arm hurts compared to the vein on the inner arm lol. 

• Yes! My belly button piercing holes are sitting high. I haven't had it in for years but the hole is still visible. I really dont like outy belly buttons, they just creep me out. I am dreading mine starting to protrude. 

Hehe I keep poking my belly but sprogladite just pokes back, its like we are playing a game. 

I am going to ask about the flu jab as well tomorrow, I have had it before and only had a dead arm for a few hours but not sure if or how it might effect me differently. 

106 Days until my due date (18/01) Yikes!

• My belly button was out at 10 weeks. In fact Monty keeps asking if it is the baby's nose! It took ages to pop out with my first but with my second it popped out fairly quickly and this time it was ridiculously early! 

Dont worry about baby's belly button. The stump will dry up and drop off within 2 weeks normally. Just keep it clean and dry and it will be fine. 

• Hi all, we put together this due date list ages ago... we were hoping you guys might tell us if you've found out the sex of your baby, and if your due date is right? Also, if you're not on there, please do add yourself! 

Angelalizamay - 1 Jan -  Blue
    Lauralouke  - 2 Jan - yellow
    Alison11  -  3 Jan -  Yellow
    cberg  - 4 Jan - Yellow
    Jellytots1989  - 5 Jan - yellow
    Guinesrules – 6 Jan  - Blue
    Helsbels1580 -  10 Jan – yellow (reckon girl)
    stephielou95 – 12 Jan - Yellow ????
    ToriaKay - 17 Jan -Yellow (think boy)
    KaysieRose93 – 18 Jan – boy and girl twins!
    Mich77 – 18 Jan - Yello
    Lilxamz – 18 Jan - yellow
    Katpaws 22 Jan – Yellow -  (c-section week before)
    Nobodyputsbabyinthecorner – 24 Jan - Yellow
    Bump2x – 24 Jan - Yellow
    Emmab223 -  29 Jan - Yellow
    CurlyE09 – 29 Jan - Yellow  
    JazzyJ - 

• image KatPaws... I am not sure I will be able to touch it. I struggled to look at the pictures of the stumps. I am too squeamish, I am not going to cope very well will all the body functions. 

Thanks though I will try not to worry about it and remember its normal and only for a few weeks. 

Danielle, mine is correct. 18th Jan - Yellow x

• Mine popped out a few weeks ago I just put a plaster over it if it’s visible 😂😂😂😂

• The date is still the same jan 18th and its now pink 😍( not yellow) xx😁