Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2018

Due in January 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• My belly button  never popped out with any of my kids , just got deeper if that makes sense lil 😁x

• I am off to get some plasters! At least I wont have to look at my belly button if it does pop image

Sprogladite is really active during the day and at the very least spends 10 mins each hour kicking me, I completely loose focus on what I am doing and can think of nothing but the movements. How do you ladies concentrate at work when the baby is wiggling and kicking?  

• 20th Jan - girly. image

Ive had two sonographers says it was difficult to see but they both inform me girl. 

• Hello everyone! 

Its so nice to hear that other people are worrying about becoming mummies too! 

this will be my first and the thought of having someone to look after forever is kind of surreal but exciting! 💗 I'm currently 27 weeks and feeling baby move all the time, they're so wriggly. It can be quite painful at times, but my midwife said it was normal. 

My belly button hasnt popped yet but it's kind of flattened out (weird!)

How have you guys been feeling overall? I've been feeling super tired as I'm not sleeping well and I had a weird spell of only one ankle/foot swelling 🙈 

xxxxxx

• Feeling like the Grinch mostly- cranky and irritable with mostly everyone lol and then emotionally unstable and the things that aren't that bad really- apart from the dog ripping up my flooring edge Friday! That was pretty traumatic 🙈

tiredness comes in waves- didn't go to work today due to headache and wisdom teeth infected. so Ive literally slept all day! I think that's my body telling me i need it.

I feel less guilty about having to take time off as I know my body needs rest too and importantly to recover. 

Ive taken my engagement ring off and just left my wedding ring on- swollen fingers are my only issue ATM. 

My 7year old stepson hasn't felt her yet until tonight. So it was cute for him to finally see her and feel her move around. He's such a little darling, asking me if I need anything or want a drink? He's going to be such a nurturing big brother. 

• Yep my date is right. Due on 22nd Jan but I'll have a section the week before. Not confirmed the section date yet and probably won't until a week or so before. And he's a boy! 💙

• Feeling really tired lately and struggling to concentrate.

Just had my 25w appointment with the Midwife, the normal one I see was on holiday so it was a different lady. I feel really quite pants now and want to cry. She answered my questions but I still don’t feel like I know what to expect or what to do.

Baby has no pattern to it’s movements which is worrying me but she said it was ok and I only need to be alarmed if it changes... erm how am I meant to know if it changes if there is no pattern. Sprogladite doesn’t seem to kick after I do anything in particular. Some days i have more movement than others, some times its after I have eaten, some nights I get movement other nights I don’t. Midwife just seemed to brush it off as my baby just has random movements and that’s fine. 

Does anyone else feel like they have no support? My husband is great but he doesn’t know what to expect either.

• Hello! We were hoping you would tell us, while you're preparing to give birth, have you read a book about it, maybe taken a hypnobirthing course, or have you done something else? Please do come and tell us how you're preparing for birth on this new thread here. 

Also, if you've not entered this sponsored discussion yet, there's a few days left before it closes and there's a £150 Amazon voucher up for grabs: just tell us on this thread here, the best advice you had from your folks. 

• Hey, 

what is making you feel so concerned about your baby not having a movement routine? I don't think or know whether it's the norm. It could be one of those things like pregnancy- they're all different. 

Tbh I don't ask or take much from my midwife appointments. Just take it as it comes. Days if I feel like 'oh Ive not felt her move much' I use our dopler and just reassure myself there's a strong heart. Although I have to be honest, there has only been 2 of them days. 

My baby usually moves when I'm in the bath. Like tonight Ive had a bath and she didn't move atall or after, now in laying on the bed. Yday she was really active. So I think it's just when she's in the mood. 

one thing I can usually guarentee is that she gets her wiggle on from anywhere around 9-11pm. 

Ive called the midwifery unit when I was having bad migraines and found them really helpful. Even when one day I was having cramps. I called them instead of my midwife, and called them when I had sickness bug. Didn't bother with my midwife. 

Give your local midwifery unit a call if you're ever concerned. I'm sure they'll ask you to go down if they think it just needs a little check or you have a question you want answering. After all it's part of their job :)

• Hey JazzyJ, 

When I was at the 12w scan at the hospital I was told I needed to find the pattern in my babies movement and contact the midwife team if there were any changes or reduction in movement. They said that it was replacing the Count the Kicks as each baby is different but by recognising the pattern you can notice if there are any changes and baby is potentially in distress. This is so they can hopefully locate the problem if there is one and deal with it. Its to help prevent still birth.

I think because I cant find a pattern I am worried that there is going to be something wrong and I am not going to notice. When I wrote my post earlier I was having an anxiety attack, I was trying to get it under control and by writing down my feelings I was able to pin point the problem and calm down. Before I wrote the post I was spiriling over what ifs and beating myself up over something that hasn't happened and probably wont. Sorry you guys got the brunt of my attack.

Thank you for letting me know what your movements are like, it has really helped. I didnt think about calling the midwife unit either I shall pop their number in my phone and give them a call next time I get overwhelmed as they will most likely be able to put my mind at rest. 

• Gosh I don't know if that info you were told would help or hinder tbh. It seems to create an anxiety in pregnant women that don't need that anxiety. I wasn't told this myself. My last midwife app and  consultant app they just asked 'how is movement? Have you been feeling any?'

I remember this at my last consultant app, as I hadn't really felt her since the night before I felt abit concerned but I did mention this to the consultant who said let's have a listen and played us loud and clear the heart beat and also heard the squishing bangs which she said was her kicking against the dopler. 

So it's upto you what advice you want to take but me personally being someone who suffers with anxiety. I'd say if you were feeling movement each day, then that's good news. Or do some of your own research into that advice they gave you.

i was prescribed a cocktail of drugs for migraines and one of which being propanol? The drug for anxiety? I had this years ago and it gave me night time Hallucinations so I stopped lol. But the concerning thing was I did my own research and that this drug had a number of reports of premature death etc so I went against all the advice to take the drugs and lucky for me by 20weeks- my migraines diminished. I just would never forgive myself if i took these drugs and something happened. Yet they were prescribed by the consultants...

dont over obsess on advice, as like me it consumes me but if in doubt get second or third opinions. 

I did this and saw a private doctor but it helped me. Or ask the midwifery team About their thoughts for movements and routines etc? X

• This is from an NHS website,

How often should I feel movements?

At first the baby kicks you notice will be few and far between.  It is not unusual to feel several movements one day and none the next.  However, by 24 weeks of pregnancy the baby’s movements become stronger and more regular.  Every baby has its own pattern of activity and development and as long as there are no major changes in your baby’s activity levels, chances are that everything is fine.  You should feel movements every day.

( I would interpret this as your baby, don't compare to others and their movement pattern. Even if it's normal to just feel light movement, that is your baby pattern? or is more of a mover after food or once you rest? )

I do feel mine every day but some days I feel her more internally and then others, she's moving my skin on my belly. So I guess in that respect it's a 'change' but I'm not concerned as I can feel her and assume it's the changing positions.

Do I need to keep track of the kicking?

It is recommended that from 24 weeks of pregnancy that you become familiar with your baby’s typical daily pattern of movements.

It is important for you to know the amount of movement that is normal for your baby.  A change in the level of activity of your baby, either reduced or excessively active, may indicate a problem is developing and should be reported to your midwife/doctor.

( it's a recommendation, not a law, do a little diary and after a week, you may see a little pattern. Like I said though midwifery unit is your best bet and they can always scan if they're concerned.) 

x

• Lilamz- I completely understand! One comment from a professional can send you into a real panic! I suffer from anxiety too, so can completely understand. 

I've also heard about movement patterns, but they usually say to start tracking after 28 weeks... I think up until that point they can be more sporadic. I'm 27weeks and only noticed in past week or so that he's more active in the evenings... https://www.mumsnet.com/pregnancy/monitoring-baby-movements

I'd call your usual midwife when she's back or the local unit for peace of mind if you're worried. Any movements are good though & if you haven't felt baby move in a while, trying drinking some fruit juice & lying down quietly. I've had a few days where I've thought I haven't felt him much but it's usually when I've been moving around a lot myself

• I had no pattern to my movements with my daughter and she did have quiet days This baby is more active so try not to panic if you feel you haven’t felt baby move for a while Go lie on your left side for an hour and drink something really cold see if that helps x

• Thank you ladies, you really have put my mind at rest. I will have a chat to my normal Midwife when she is back and will speak to the Midwife unit if I have any concerns before that point. 

Just need to remember baby is moving so it’s a good sign 😀x

• Aw Lilxamz...I'm sorry you're feeling anxious about this. I'm on week 24 now and definitely slipping more into a pattern, but by no means is it regular. I feel him kicking first thing in the morning usually and always in the last few hours of the night. Though between these times he can pretty much do his own thing. If you are worried, had you thought about getting a doppler? It might just make you feel a bit better. There are also kick apps that help to monitor it for you. I think the others are also right in saying contact your midwife unit and see what they can offer/suggest. 

Take care xx

• Hey everyone, we wondered how was your weekend and how you're all doing today?

• I'm 24 weeks +2 and finally I've felt baby move.

I'd been a bit worried as I hadn't seen her move on the scans and felt nothing, but she's finally moving. It's not wildly clear, but definitely her.

I can't wait for the time to roll on now, I'm still being horribly sick every day and accepting this is probably going to be the case now right the way through.

I just want to hold her.

She's due on my birthday, and I'm hoping she'll be here by then.

• Great News LilibetGlew! It is amazing when you finally feel them move, mine was late to the wiggle party as well, now I cant get a full nights sleep thanks to the party its having in there! image I wake with a smile though, have a little chat and it settles down. I hope the sickness stops for you that must be terrible.

This weekend was really productive for us, we have cleared out the nursery and its all ready to be painted next weekend (just White with a Yellow border) I am going to put Winnie the Pooh wall stickers up. 

Did some maths and think we can get everything we need within budget, I went on Mothercare website and put in the basket the cheapest of everything we think we need and it was only £200 above what we wanted so pretty certain I can get some things cheaper, second hand or on sale to bring that into budget.

I am now struggling to put on my socks! Got to buy some slip on shoes as laces are a nightmare at the moment I am so uncomfortable and get short of breath when trying to tie them.x

• We are good. 25 weeks today and this week Alan is Alan Papaya! Lots of movement and I'm feeling fairly well in general. The SPD is definitely starting but nothing like it was last time. Thank goodness. Booked a 4d scan for the start of Nov, so I'm counting down the days until we see him again. Planning for Christmas is taking my mind off things a bit and it's nice to be planning for things as a family of 4 and also thinking that it will be the last Christmas as a 4! Can't believe how quickly January has crept around!