Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• I feel my bump is huge but when they ask how I am, I just say feeling Fat and tired so they don’t feel the need to comment on my size they just fixate on me being tired.

I am really struggling to sleep at the moment, heartburn and leg cramps are keeping me up as well as needing the toilet all the time. x

• I get cramp when I stretch in bed but I quickly pull my toes up towards my head to get rid of it before it fully kicks in. 

I feel shes giving me a break now and haven't had any other symptoms like heart burn, had milk acidic feeling in back of my throat on couple occasions but heartburn is horrible so i feel for you. Ive got two bottles of Gaviscon just incase it creeps in last minute- your baby may have some hair then? My friend had awful heaburn and her daughter had lots of hair. Mines going to be a baldy lol- me and my husband (basically me) are going to get our newborn pics and have it in a frame, me, her and him.. see if she looks like us from newborn.  Can go in her room. 

• Hello everyone! We still don't have internet in my new home, so coming on here is a difficulty! Men sometimes don't understand, my other hasn't been that interested this pregnancy, but he is the most amazing daddy to our 17 month old and I know he loves this baby two and will be my rock once baby is born! He doesn't go out drinking so I'm not worried about that....but I wish he'd help me around the house more haha! 

We are going baby shopping tomorrow for nursery furniture. We had a 4d scan at 26 weeks and it was amazing, got a bear with baby's heartbeat in etc! Were 27 weeks tomorrow and we found out were team blue (can't remember if I already said that in a previous post!) 

My bumps very active and growing nicely! Don't have any bump pictures as I've borrowed my husband's phone.

Hope you are all doing well x

• JazzyJ that’s is such a cute bump! Shame about the belly button haha mine looks the same. Didn’t think about them being Cats bums but am not going to be able to get that refrence out my head 😂

Sprogladite has been renamed Little Fidget as it won’t stop moving now. It keeps kicking where my hand goes especially if I am blocking out the light. Husband just chuckled for the first time and had the biggest grin on his face when he put his hand on bump. He had felt movements before but Fidget booted his hand so even I could see it move! Where before they had just been slight flutters. 

I have arranged to have a bump to Baby photo shoot with the lady that did our engagement shoot, so me and husband will go get some pictures taken with bump around 34 Weeks and then once baby is born the three of us will go back and have another shoot, she is then going to make a collage to match the engagement one with a mix of bump and baby pics. 

• Oh Forgot to say New Look have a sale on maternity they have loads of plain t-shirts for £1-£4, most are summer clothes but figured The t-shirts and vest tops are great to layer up.

• There is also a boots baby sale on ATM 

when is the best time to buy the car seat? We have to book an appointment to sort ours out as it's through a car safety shop. 

I was thinking next month rather than waiting until December? I'll be 32 weeks mid November. Also side crib? I suppose can just buy that anytime between now and then, set it up in the new year. 

I cant wait to clean my house top to toe. Dust is such an issue with having a dog. Every weekend you'd think I hadn't dust in weeks. 🤷🏻‍♀️🐶 Having laminate flooring was the best thing I ever did though, feels more hygienic knowing I can hoover and then mop. My Husband said he loves the 'new me' that loves cleaning thoroughly every day (Not the whole house just certain parts I take a fancy too). 

• i feel your pain fighting dust when you have dogs, we have two dogs. With a Collie who moults throughout the year and a husky who blows her coat twice a year I can hoover and then 30 mins later you would think I haven’t cleaned for a week! We are hoping to get laminate flooring done at the end of the month.

Been awake for two hours now with heartburn and a painful pressure in my chest. Did a google, ignored the your dieing stuff and found it’s common in pregnant. Severe heartburn, ribs moving because of baby, pressure from baby, weight from breasts. There are loads of things it could be so I am not worried just really uncomfortable and want to go to sleep. 

Feel like I’m being cheated out of my apparent last two weeks of pleasant second trimester pregnancy. Most of the symptoms I have been getting the last week are all described as being normal for the third trimester. Was 26 Weeks yesterday, I just want two more weeks of sleep only disrupted by toilet breaks please 💤

• Sorry to hear you're having a rubbish time at the minute. 

We have a lab and she moults daily too. We used to have a husky and my gosh their coats are a pain to get out of anything. 

Im getting a cold so taking it easy today with lots of rest. Have my flu jab tomorrow 🙈😩 can deal with blood tests but needles in the upper arm hurt and ache after. Rather that though than flu, so, need to suck it up!

• ☹️ Flu jab is horrible. Make sure you have lots of fluids tomorrow and lots of rest. I have mine in a few weeks along with the Anti D injection and whooping cough. I wanted to get them all out the way in one hit.

I keep trying to remind myself that lack of sleep is really not the worse I could be going through. I didn’t get morning sickness so I need to be thankful of that 🙃

I am not going to buy anything until the big sales round Christma, Black Friday, Boxing Day or January. I am doing my research now so I can figure out what I want and then I can keep an eye on it and when they are on sale I can grab them. I am saving now though so when needed I have the cash ready to get everything x

• I have my Anti-D in few weeks too. I was going to go yoga straight from doctors but decided I should just rest and not risk catching any germs whilst my immunse system isn't at it's best. 

Im so hungry all the time, although I'm trying to eat better and have done in the past couple of weeks. Yday I just wanted chocolate digestives and a cups of tea 🙈🙈 reverting back to piggy mode lol

everyone at my work is jokingly moaning that I'm making them gain pregnancy weight as well as I keep snacking. Atleast I won't feel so big if they all join me in the growing belly and hips and legs department 😁

Im losing the ability to get comfy at night too now. I toss and turn a lot anyway but now it's intense. 

• Hi ladies had a horrible few days .Had to go to the hospital as was bleeding a bit .Am 26 weeks now was so scared i was going in to labour early ( as did with baby number 3 at 32 weeks) or worse losing my little girl .But all ok the did a internal baby is ok they just think i may of been over doing it .Im shattered the little of things kill me .# not being able to sleep at night due to toilet breaks or cramp or restless leg and omg the killer hurtburn doesnt help.So doctors have signed me off work for 2 weeks.My other three pregnancys were lovely and easy .This one is a killer ☹xx

• Sorry to hear you are going through that Mich. Hopefully you can really relax during your 2 weeks off and start to feel better again. 

Lil- that's a good plan, waiting until the holiday sales. I've been overly excited and just wanting to get things sorted sooner than later! But luckily I've held off as the nursery isn't done and we are re-doing our kitchen so I can't buy things as there is nowhere to keep them yet! I think I'll hop on your plan :) 

I've really been trying to eat better but I'm craving carbs, and not the healthier kinds! Crackers, pasta, chips, etc..but doing my best to at least have a healthy morning and get my greens and carrot juice in throughout the day. 

Ladies with heartburn- try drinking a couple of tablespoons of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar with 'The Mother'. Dilute it with about 4 oz of water and even a little honey (antibacterial properties!) if you want. I drink it every morning and have only ever experienced heartburn once in my life (pre pregnancy), and whenever my husband gets it, I give him some of that and he says it goes away in minutes. If you look on the Bragg site it says that it is safe to consume while pregnant, and I've been drinking it since before I was and all throughout, and everything is awesome so far! Good luck :)

• Hi all 

I'm 6months now, I've had my Gestational diabetes test and passed that I got told baby was breech and now she's transverse so seems all is on track.

I'm still on bedrest though as they've found some more bloodclots in my placenta but hopefully my body will just absorb them fingers crossed,

She's moving non stop at the minute which is an awesome feeling but I'm finding that when she's trying to turn its absolutely painful and she likes to be up in my ribs alot, I'm also experiencing exhaustion on a major level now I just can't seem to shift the tiredness which is doing my head in. I've also lost a stone in weight, pre-pregnancy I was 14st and 7lb I'm now 13st 6lb. Baby doesn't seem to like any sort of meat atm so I'm basically living on fruit and veg loads of salad and ice. 

We've started getting bits and pieces in get my cot in a week's time already got a pram and changing table, managed to rehome my dog aswell and were looking into moving as soon as my daughter turns 16.

Hope your all well and baby's are all doing good :) xx

• Hello everyone! 

Just managed to catch up on everything! 

Im sorry some of you have been struggling, especially not having partners support, sending you lots of love, hoping you feel lots better now 💗 

My sister had a miscarriage a few weeks ago, it was quite traumatic for her as she was in hospital for a few days too 😞 Jusr trying to support her through everything 💗 

I'm feeling so tired lately like you guys, apparently due a boost of energy soon ️Haha 

We had our 28 week check last week and they said baby is measuring big , which is quite ironic as ive been going for growth scans! I have to have a diabetes check next week to check thats not the reason. 

When do you think you'll pack tour hospital bag? I want to be super organised but don't want to pack too early ️Haha! Xxxx

• Laura- Ive already started mine for that exact reason of being organised. Need to wash it all first but it's so I know what I have packed and what I still need to get. Haven't done my bag, just hers.

my brain does not function the same way anymore so I feel I have to be super organised whilst something is on my mind to do it. Especially as next month is mine and my brothers birthday and then build up to Christmas, so I'll be so excited about that lol before I know it I'll be near my due date in Jan. 

We started a big clean yday, moved our bed over abit to allow room for the side crib (we still need to purchase) 

bedrooms are being moved around as a boiler is in the spare room, so the plumber is changing it and putting it into the loft this week. Which free's us also of a cupboard in our bedroom which has the water tank- so much needed storage can go in there. 

I am so motivated ATM but my Husband has actually been really good since our chat last week and been helpful. He's told me to slow down as I was 'go go go' for 6/7hours yesterday with tidying, cleaning and organising bits and bobs. We even found a wedding envelope with £200 in 😂 Only been sat in my wardrobe of wedding folders for 18months since our wedding. So that was a nice sur

• Surprise... but atleast we can use that to pay our hypno birthing course which we have to finalise paying tomorrow. So it clearly pays to have a good sort out. 

i read on my app last night that 3rd trimester is another weight gain time (upto 11lbs) 🙈😩 I already feel hideous but im trying not to focus on my shape (i haven't gone up a size but defo see the retention is water etc, just looked bloated) it can all come off once she's here with a better diet and exercise. I'm just glad weve finally got pregnant so I don't want to depress myself too much with weight or how I look but sometimes I glimpse myself and think 'oh gosh' 

• Ladies who are tired your get your iron checked at 28 weeks mine is low so could be a reason.

i packed the baby's hospital bag at about 38 weeks and mine when I was going into labour last time gave me something to focus on! I would pack 2 one for baby and one for you then you can leave baby's in the car until you need it so less to carry when your in labour x

• Haven't even thought about hospital bag... I should think I'll do it sometime in December, just in case he decides to arrive early!

We've been pushchair shopping this weekend... Ive got a Fiat 500 so needed to try some in my boot... have found that the iCandy Peach & Oyster 2 fit in :-) has anyone else bought theirs? 

Also is anyone not going with an isofix base? Want to weigh up the pros & cons 

• Weve been given an Oyster buggy with all the different parts. It's from a friend so we're going to use the car seat as we know it's not damaged. 

I cant tell how it would fit to an isofix to be honest. Need to do some investigation! if it doesn't then we'll probably just go without but are going to go to a car seat surgery to ask a professional to check that we're fitting it right before baby arrives. 

Not thought about hospital bag yet. Now you've got me thinking! 

• We have our pushchair, my parents offered to buy it, we got the icandy peach. We're going for isofix- In my job Ive had to use non isofix and becomes hassle with making sure the belt is long enough to go round the seat etc. 

My friends personally recommend isofix as it's much easier to click in and out and is still very safe. No need to have to lean in and over to fasten in or make sure it's all secured properly in the seatbelt lock areas. Obviously it's an additional cost, some come with isofix adapter included with a slightly reduce priced compared to if you bought them separate. 

Were getting our seat from a car seat safety centre- to make sure the advice is up to date and the products are more focused on safety aspects than having a variety of brands in places such as mammas and pappas or mothercare. i work for a local authority and we also buy our seats from car seat safety shop as it gives us full protection and trains us in how to fit them safely etc, more so that mothercare fitters- who actually gave our friends incorrect fitting advice, they then went to car seat safety. 

I guess it all depends on the individual and doing your research which is your best bet for having peace of mind.

im going to find a primark or matalan and just get lots of cheap tops, underwear etc for my hospital bag. Especially as Ive been told i may need to stay in a night whilst I wait for the  rhessus test on our daughter. I'm negative but may need to wait  24hours for results. 

Anyone else starting antenatal courses soon?