Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2019 - Part 2

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in January 2019 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Hopefully everyone from the original thread can join this one! X

• Hey, Its been lovely to see everyones scans! I have had no hot water since Sunday so its been a bit of a nightmare. Luckily boiler man has just been out and fixed it so I can now have a shower once Chunk has finished his lunch and gone to sleep. 

We didnt find out the sex of Chunk as my husband really didnt want to find out and I agreed it would be a nice little motivator to get through the labour. That all went to poop when I had emergency C-Section though. Either way I have a happy healthy little boy so that is all that matters :-)

This time as it is twins and we can only decide on one name for a girl and cant even find a middle name that we like for it I want to find out the sex so we can have some time to figure out names. I want to do a gender reveal but I want to do it with eggs! The idea is you have two trays of eggs one labelled boys and one labelled girls you then pick one each and crack it on your head.... Most of the eggs are hardboiled and nothing happens but there will be one egg that is raw and will cover us in egg. If the egg was taken from the boy container then its a boy and if it came from the girl container then its a girl. Either that or the ones with colour powder. :-) Basically I want to cover my husband with goop of some sort. I do love the reveal with your other children painting their hands either blue or pink and then putting them on your bump, you take a picture of them with their hands on you and then another when they have lifted their hands to reveal the colour...  I just dont think Chunk will be old enough to do that. 

• Aww some lovely ideas there. My best friend desperately wants to do is a gender reveal cake, so o think me and husband will know bit then get her to make cakes woth coloured centres for the children and get them to cut them and see their reactions. Xx

• Oh Chelle that is lovely, I love it when you are able to get the siblings involved, and who would turn cake down :-) Can't wait to see your pictures. 

• I know we are definitely keen to find out at a private scan. His mum and sister are keen to come with (not a problem because I love them both) but I sort of want to ask them to leave when They tell us the gender. Does this seem petty to you guys? I just want it to be us who know first then I’m happy for them to know afterwards (trying to think of a good reveal but really struggling) 

• No I think thats perfectly reasonable hunny. That's what I'm.like,i want to know first. My friend wanted to do a big cake and is only find out when we cut it, but i kinda need to be the first to know haha. 

• I want people to feel involved and to come to a scan. thankfully I have a great relationship with his family where I could ask them to leave I just didn’t know if it seemed unreasonable since they’ll know shortly after anyway. 

My Friend done a cake and just got the sonographer to put the gender in a little envelope that she gave to the baker. It was sweet. His family adore cake I should maybe consider something cake related 

• Chech that is completely reasonable, finding out the gender is a special moment and should be shared between you and partner. I am sure they will understand you want that moment alone. The cake idea is lovely and there are so many different variations that you can make suit you. 

• Oo all your gender reveal ideas sound lovely. I’m a bit jealous Haha. 

But we have decided we will wait and all the family seem happy and excited about this. They all love the debate at the moment about boy/girl. 

Chech i agree with the others- youre not being unreasonable and I’m sure his mum and sister will understand. Sure they’ll even feel lucky you’ve invited them to the scan in the first place. Are you all finding out at a private scan, or will you wait till 20 weeks? 

• Our hospital are quite reluctant to reveal gender and put the emphasis on it being the baby’s Wellbeing that they’re checking so we are going to go private just to take the pressure off. Were planning the scan for when we are around 17-18 weeks 

• I’m considering a reveal dinner with close family whose supportive of our pregnancy and this reveal would happen in the next 2 weeks because I find out my gender at 12 weeks from my panorama test. Im thinking cupcakes and once’s you bite into them it’s revealed with either a pink food color or blue. 

• So just found out today my eldest daughter is pregnant too! She is 17 and we are all reeling from the news... wasn't quite ready to be a grandma at 39!!!

• Apricot that’s amazing news! My brother had a baby the same month him and his misses turned 18 (He is now 9) He is by far the best dad I know, Everyone put them down and said they were going to amount to nothing as they both messed up school but my brother has just finished a university degree with a first and is the highest paid out of all the siblings and is a manager... the Mum didn’t do so well as she got post natal depression and refuses help (she walked out on him when baby was 6months old.) As long as you support her she will be fine, it’s a hard enough journey as it is 😀 x

• Gosh I would be terrified at 17 (I was pretty immature!) but I have to say one of the best mums I know had her son at that age when we were in college. I honestly think that sometimes being young means you have a far more positive and less cynical outlook on the world and this can reflect in the children turning out to be far more relaxed and happier. Also all that energy! I miss that energy. I'm so exhausted now I've literally no idea how I'm going to look after a baby. How are you feeling about it?

@Apricot do you mind if I message you about something directly? If and when you have some time and I'm not intruding on your current situation.

• So glad to see someone else say they’re exhausted. Everybody told me this would pass by now but I am constantly tired if It wasn’t for Work all I would do is sleep.

apricot congrats to your daughter. One of the best mums I know had her first at 16 and is about to have her third at 21! 

• haha chech no I am constantly exhausted - I've always been a tired person. I think from low iron levels. I'm struggling to sleep to which doesn't help - how are you sleeping?

• I’ve always liked a nap but this is chronic. My bloods came back fine for iron levels etc I am just shattered. It’s been really hot where I am so I’ve been struggling to sleep but even when I do get a good sleep I wake up feeling like I’ve been up all night. Doesn’t help that my boyfriend has decided now is the perfect time to start snoring for The first time in his life! 

• Oh Chech welcome to my world. I’m hineyalt more worried about my husband waking the baby when he/she is here than the baby waking him haha! 

• Ha my Boyfriend is new to babies. When we have his 5 month old nephew to stay he doesn’t sleep at all he just lays awake watching the baby sleep because he’s scared to sleep so I might get a better sleep when the baby is actually here! 

• My husband's snoring is getting worse. We think the air filter in our flat (bloody new builds) is up the creak but also he has definitely been eating for 2 since we found out! So I've told him he's on a diet from next week.  He was banished to the sofa last night due to me not having slept for more than 4 hours for the last 5 or so nights.