Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• I got my whooping cough at 17 weeks. It’s fine did saw horror stories about it making people pass out and stuff but other than a dead arm (not helped by me sleeping on that arm) it was totally fine.

theres no baby shows anywhere near us until next May! How bad is that 🙁

• Hello everyone. 

I don't feel much movement, a few times I have felt a bubbly feeling but not for a day or two. I am 21 + 2

• Hi Lou, can you ring up your midwife and explain maybe they will see you?? ive had that bubbly feeling also but felt so pretty intense kicks yesterday while at work it actually caught me off guard and made me jump. They have been in my lower stomach just curious when I’ll start to feel them up closer. 

• Last time I mentioned it atb18 weeks she said she would be more concerned if I don't feel regular movements by 25 weeks but that seems ages away. Seeing my consultant this afternoon so might mention it to them xx

• My midwife said don't expect regular movements until 25 weeks to Lou!  Do you know where your placenta is?

We finally have our scan tomorrow at 21 weeks. Feels like ages between this one and the last!!

• Hi bandaid, my placenta is quite low... does that affect things? Exciting news about your scan :-) xx

• hi iv been feeling my bubba moving from 19 weeks like the flutters then a day or 2 later little kicks like bubbles now I'm 21+5 and I feel all the kicks flips everything I no you don't count kicks or regular movements yet but baby starts waking up around 10pm that's when I feel him most I just can't help but have a great big cheesy smile on my face feeling him bouncing around in there I will see him again at 28 weeks for growth scans xx

• What’s the criteria for growth scans? I seem to be the only person I know that was told at 20 weeks that would be my last scan 

• I am not having growth scans chech but I have to go for a scan at 34 weeks because my placenta is a bit low so they want to check if it's moved xx

• Just read an old wives tale that heartbeats over 140 or above are a girl and 140 or below are a boy, just heard mine at 140 beats per minute. Baby wants to keep it a surprise. Haha! 

• I have an anterior placenta and I’ve felt baby properly move for about a week (I’m 21+3)  sometimes really hard kicks! I think everyone is different maybe speak to your midwife if you’re worried :) 

i had my 20 wk scan, and one at 21+1 because baby was in the wrong position to check everything at the 20 wk, and I’ve got one at 28 wk with fetal meds because he has enlarged kidneys. But no growth scans (I don’t think)! Xx

• Hey Lou - I guess it depends where it's low but it could do! If I get a chance I'll ask tomorrow for you.

Yes very excited!! Feels like we have been waiting for forever, and I've been having some nightmare dreams so will be great to see baby is okay! xx

• my 20 week scan was good growth and everything but im consultant led due to been a little underweight so my consultant wants me to have a growth scan at 28 weeks 32 weeks and 36 weeks xx

• 20 week scan was my last one too unless there is an issue. Going to have a private one just for some reassurance probably around 28 weeks. 

Louttc83 at my first midwife appt the heartbeat was 145 and at the one today was 138 and I'm team 💙 but was convinced was a girl. 

• Yeah I think we’ll do one more private scan. I like seeing him even though I get super anxious right before them

• We just booked our 4D scan today for 28 weeks but it’s for our parents as they all asked if they could come to the medical scan?!? As if it wasn’t stressful enough! 

• Hi everyone. Just checking in 😄 you all ok?? Can’t believe how quickly the last 5 months have gone. 

I went for an early scan this morning at the epu, and baby had a heartbeat this time 💖 can’t believe it I’m so happy. I’m meant to be 7+4 today but measuring 7 weeks she wasn’t concerned though. She said everything looks healthy and as it should be. She also didn’t tell me the beats per minute 😣 tbh she wasn’t particularly helpful I felt a bit rushed. But as long as baby is ok I’m hoping I can relax a little now. 

Hope you are all doing good xx

• Fantastic news Brookes so pleased for you! Glad to hear from you! 

X

• Fab news brookes 😍 xxx 

• Amazing brookes 💙💕 hope everything goes perfect for you xx