Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Congrats Brookes always a good sign when there's a heart beat, she may have written the beats in your notes xxx

• Fab news Brookes! Glad it went well! You must be super relieved and happy!

We had our scan this morning as well at 21 weeks. Everything looked to be measuring well but also felt quite rushed. She was very friendly but didn't really listened to our questions. Just answered what she thought we were asking rather than what we were. I had to have my final internal (at least I hope) which was also great! I mean great that it's the last one!

• oh and Brookes at our 6 week scan we didn't get heartbeat number either. Didn't get it to today too - apparently it's hospital policy which sounds like utter bull to me

• Ah, Brookes that is fabulous news! I'm so so pleased to hear your little rainbow is doing well! Please don't worry about the odd 4 days... it's really normal to have a bit of difference... when I had early scan with my little girl and this one both were measuring 4-5 days smaller but had caught up with dates by 12 week scan! I know it can be frustrating not knowing hb rate but honestly if it was a concern they would have said! Just try to focus on the fact that a hb at this point dramatically improves the odds of all going well! Really looking forward to seeing your next update! Till then, keep well hun xxx

Bandaid, glad to hear your scan went ok too! Xxx

• Got sent home from work yesterday because I felt light headed and faint. Anyone any ideas what could have caused this? 

im thinking that perhaps the baby was lying on a blood vessel and dropping my blood pressure because I had esten and had some chocolate to try and perk me up but still felt rubbish.

unfortunately I’m in between midwifes at the moment until next week

• Anyone experiencing palpitations? I keep randomly getting them even if I'm just sat doing nothing!

• in your heart or stomach? Cos I get them in my stomach and assume they’re just kicks 

• Chech apparently second trimester is bad for low blood pressure so it was maybe that? I have noticed now I get dizzy of I stand up quickly so I feel like an old woman getting up. 

FSA I sometimes get palpitations, think it's anxiety driven so wouldn't worry too much (oh tthe irony). 

• Strangely I felt fine stood up it was sat down i felt dizzy but I have really bad posture so Im Just assuming he was squishing a blood vessel and dropping My blood pressure 

• I can feel it in my stomach and hear the beating in my ears! Its so annoying!! Then when I check my pulse its around 140- then it goes back down after a few minutes 

• Yeah FSA Sometimes I feel my heart is pumping in my stomach for a few beats 

• FSA I feel the same and act was referred to a cardiologist by my OB. She said it’s common in pregnancy and will come and go. I’ve had it in the past and it was totally different then what I’m experiencing now. I just saw her yesterday and they sent me for a ultrasound of the heart to confirm all was well. 

Ive got a question ladies! Is that crampy feeling normal at this stage 20+6 I’ve had it off/on this week for less then 2 minutes? Also when will I start to feel baby kicks and movement further up lately it’s just been in my abdomen area?

• Dee I don’t feel any kicks north of my belly button yet but apparently your uterus only grows a Cm a week so at 23 weeks it’s just above your belly button which explains why you can’t feel anything up higher?

the cramping I still get I actually find it sorer than in the first trimester

• I have been starting to get cramps which I didn't have at all during first trimester. Sometimes it's just windy cramp though. Sometimes it's bloody sore! 

• Chech I see stars stood still and yesterday kept going funny,felt as though I was forgetting to breathe or holding my breath. But as all say it cam be normal xxx

• I'm definitely feeling kicks above my belly button at 21 weeks so I think it all depends on your body! Everyone of us is different :)

I've had several lightheaded spells and dizzy spells. These come and go and tend not to be consistent. 

Heart palpations should definitely be checked out by the GP!

•  I’m not overly concerned I’m just wondering if anybody has ever woken up one day and it’s as if their bump has disappeared? I have nowhere near the bump I’ve had the past few weeks. I’m still feeling him move a little I’m assuming he’s just sitting near my back but had anybody else had this?

• Yes I know what you mean Chech I looked at myself some days ago and felt as if my bump had disappeared but still feel baby moving. 

• I’m exactly the same. My bump finally appeared and seemed to grow really quickly and now it’s shrunk a bit. Baby lively as ever. 

• I could still feel him but it felt not quite as much. Seems more normal now though thankfully