Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020

Replies

• Really sorry to hear this bbstan x
  • @BBStan I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope you and your partner are okay x
  • Hi everyone, I’m completely new to madeformums, I just found out I am pregnant (due 8/1/20). I have two little boys (2 and 3 yrs old) but had a MMC in November last year so I’m really happy to be pregnant again but also so worried! Would be great to know some girls who are due in the same month! Xx
  • @Hetbol congratulations and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your MMC last year, but I'm sure this one will stick for you guys. Have you got any pregnancy symptoms yet?
  • @Hetbol welcome and congratulations! 
  • Thanks! yes have a bit of morning sickness but it keeps coming and going (and when it goes I convince myself there’s something wrong!) i’ve got my booking in appointment on Friday (at 6 weeks) but I feel like it’s a bit early to get excited! Hopefully everything goes okay 
  • Welcome @Hetbol ... a couple of us in here had MMCs earlier in the year so we can empathise with what you are going through. I'm trying hard not to be over anxious about this one and just roll with it and hope for the best. I will definitely be pushing for a couple of early scans this time round though as I do not want to get to 13 weeks and find out that i'd MMC'd at 7-8 weeks again! 

How's everyone doing today? Still just the tiredness and wanting to eat EVERYTHING my end. I think I am going to have to invest in some healthy snacks to have at my desk or the biscuit tin is going to take a battering!!! 
  • I am also epically tired. Currently laying on the couch after a long day at work waiting for my husband to come and make me food. 😂

Do you guys get dating scans? My doc gave me a referral for one but just said to wait until 8 weeks. So I'll book that in for 3 weeks away! 
  • @lozzz our dating scans are usually between 11 and 14 weeks - last time mine was booked in at 12+5, and for my area the midwife books that at my booking in apt. I have a doctors apt on Monday when i will be 6 weeks, but I wont be able to get a midwife apt until I am 8 weeks. (I'm actually going on holiday when i'm 8 weeks, so I wont be seeing her until 9 weeks). I think i'm going to request an early scan when I see the doctor as I had a bit of spotting and obvs with the MMC last time i'm just quite anxious to find out if everything is ok. If they wont give me one I will book for a private one when I am back from my holiday. :)  
  • I'm sooo Ill I hope it wont effect the baby think I've caught a bug my daughter had a couple of days ago just headaches and hot sweats constantly feel like crap kmic I hope they give you an early scan I dont see why not with what happened last time and having some spotting xx
  • @KMic ahhh okay! We have a 12 week scan but also have the option of having a dating scan (both are free). Last time I found out I was pregnant 2 days before we left for the USA for 4 weeks, so it was a nerve wracking time! I took so many preggo tests while we were away (although I was so sick so really didn't need more confirmation that I was pregnant lol). Hopefully they will allow you to have an early one, if only for peace of mind.

@Rainbowsunshine ugh being sick is the worst! Hopefully you're able to rest and relax for a few days and get back on top of things x
  • @lozzz ... I was sick with my last pregnancy ... even during the weeks when the baby wasn't technically developing and I wasn't aware... sooo I'm taking any symptoms with a pinch of salt this time! Haha. I'm just going to ride it out, hope for the best and hope for a couple of scans for reassurance. It's nice that you get a couple of early ones! Winner! Exciting too!

@Rainbowsunshine Oo no!! I hope you feel better soon!! Sure it wont affect the baby, but make sure you rest up!! xx
  • Hello everyone and congratulations.

Great to see so many of us are expecting in January.  Expected due date for me is 2nd Jan.  After a MMC in January this year, found out at 12 week scan the little babba had died at 9 weeks and an early MC in March (5 weeks) we're hoping for a sticky baby this time.  Already have a beautiful 7yr old boy from a previous relationship, pregnancy was a dream with no issues at all.  This time i'm really anxious and had a little spotting (light pink then brown) yesterday. Fingers crossed x
  • Welcome @Hetbol and @38yearoldmummy - we're so glad to have you both here and would like to wish you super sticky beans. 

For those of you that already have a child, if you would you like the chance to review and keep this Phil & Teds buggy worth £449? Just head to Latest Discussions to find out all the details. 

• Welcome @38yearoldmummy ... we're in the same boat! Crazy how many MMC's there have been! Fingers crossed all round this time!!!!! We have a lovely understanding bunch here to go through the next 8 months with :) xx
  • Welcome guys :) Praying for lots of sticky beans! I woke up this morning with a really sore lower back? It's absolutely fine when I'm sitting down just when I go to get up or lift anything? Hoping I've just tweaked a muscle but just wondered if this is anything i should be worried about? I'm 5 weeks 4 days today xx
  • Thank you @KMic :)

Yes fingers crossed for everyone, and it's so lovely to be able to offer/hear support for all our little worries xx
  • @Pixie89 I’m with you on the back pain :( I am in agony today! Ive always struggled with a weak lower back & this week it’s been so painful. Docs said it’s nothing todo with pregnancy atm though. I Just hope it goes away before I get big lol. 
  • @Pixie89 if it's just when you lift / stand I am guessing it is nothing to worry about in terms of pregnancy and you have probably just pulled a muscle. Hope it heals soon! x
  • Hey. So after my faint line BFP I took another yesterday which showed positive again. 
    Ive been poorly with severe back pain all day, Doc said it’s just my back flare up.
    after going to the Lou before I realised I was bleeding, really light pink & not a lot. But iv checked again & it’s still there :( I’ve had no cramping at all. I don’t know what this means now... I am gutted! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions