Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020

Due in January 2020

Replies

• I’m only 7 weeks but my morning sickness is so bad I think it’s not Going to be long before we have to tell my other half’s parents as we are staying with them this month while we have a lot of work done to our house 🤢 also nervous about work don’t want to tell them till my scan but I’m far to Ill to sit at my desk staring at a screen for 8 hours looking normal 🤮🤮
  • Oh bless you! Sorry to hear how poorly you are! Hopefully the morning sickness settles down soon! 

I’ve just been to the toilet and noticed some spotting 😔 I’m 7+1 weeks pregnant and really concerned. Has anybody else had similar? I’ve rang the hospital but the gynaecology department aren’t open until tomorrow now, I’m so worried 😔 x

• We have a heartbeat & baby! ❤️ Finally! I’m measuring 6wks5days which puts my due date at 28th January, well worth paying the £90 for an early private scan. I also have a cyst on my right ovary but hopefully nothing to worry about xx 
  • @Long35 we seem to have the same pregnancy me and you haha, I'm exactly 6+5 with a cyst on my right ovary. I'm so pleased baby is growing though thats amazing news and I was the same the 70 pound I paid last week was worth every single penny.

@Lange3192 try not to worry about the spotting it can be totally normal, just make sure you rest up I know it's hard to say don't worry as you will but many women spot throughout pregnancy.

Xxxx

• @#Jules# we really do! Ha. My cyst is 56mm, they said it may just go on its own and I may experience a little brown discharge from it. I have a scan at EPAU a week tomorrow, hopefully that will be the last bit of reassurance I need to relax. X 

@Lange3192 try not to worry, my sonographer said to me today it’s very common in early pregnancy as there’s so many changes going on. Ring tomorrow for some reassurance xx 
  • @Long35 that's amazing news. You must be so relieved! 

Sorry that others are not feeling too good. Apart from feeling tired and sore boobs I wouldn't know I'm pregnant. 

Praying these next 5 weeks go quick to get to 12 weeks and get some reassurance 🙏❤x
  • Lange try not to worry, it’s very common to spot.

Right girls feel free to ignore this but I need to vent before I explode. On the verge of a full blown anxiety attack. I’m currently home alone as my husband took our son to visit his granny for an hour or two (6 hours ago!)  As he left he made a joke about how mummy was going to do all the housework while the boys went and did fun stuff and it just really bothered me. I don’t want him teaching my son that that is all mummy is for. I’m currently sitting exhausted from running round trying to clean the house after we’ve had the plumbers in, do all the washing etc, deal with the chaos of the half built fireplace in my living room which my husband started even though he doesn’t know what he’s doing and hasn’t bloody finished, and prep for an important job interview I have tomorrow while feeling sick and dizzy and pregnant 😩😩 I’m just feeling like he neither understands or cares that I need more support from him right now. Not less. I’m not expecting him to do everything, I’m pregnant not dying, but just for once I’d like to feel a little more like a supported team member and less like everybody’s bloody mum!! So frazzled with this job interview and can’t get any of my prep to stay in my brain and I’m just at the end of my rope with a house I can’t seem to stay on top of and a husband who thinks that playing with my son is helpful cause it gives me time to clean 🙄 I’m an emotional mess, I don’t want you sending me videos of other people having a lovely fun time with my son, I want you at home helping me sort out our house so I can have lovely fun times with our son without feeling like a bleeping servant!! 
    Rawr! Apologies for the rant. I’m done now! 😂 blooming hormonal ups and downs eh? Roll on 24th June til I hit the 2nd Trimester!!
  • @Ninjabunni oh love you, rant away! Men really are aliens, they have no idea at all. They seem to think that cleaning and all housework, including their dinner magically appearing is all done by fairies... and anything us women do is always referred to as “we” Grrr! Give him what for! Huge hugs xx
  • Thanks @Geriatricmum just so oblivious!! Youngest in a family of girls so a big mama’s boy which when I’m not pregnant and stressed out I just ignore but starting to worry about how to look after 3 children when baby number 2 arrives!! 🤣
  • @Ninjabunni I completely understand! my other half doesn't get how rubbish i feel and said its not fair because we arnt going out as much and I'm sad a lot! He also said this morning I know your ill but you will still iron my work shirts right? just before he left me to go shopping with him mam!
  • Men really don't get it hun they just think everything should be the same they don't realise how tiring growing a baby is. My ex husband used to demand me do this and that all the time as pregnancy isn't an illness but my current partner he's been a diamond. This will be his first baby and he's a complete different kettle of fish. He won't let me do anything and I'm the one telling him off because he's being too over protective there's no middle ground 😂😂😂 xxxx
  • My husband thinks asking if I’ve eaten is looking after me! (Doesn’t then offer to make me anything...)  He’s also moaning about ‘how many more scans are you having’ 🙄 Men are such knobheads at times lol, you are not alone and moan away! Xx 
  • Thanks girls. I took myself off to my mum’s for a cuppa and a reset so feeling much better, especially since when I got home all the washing was put away and the kitchen was all cleaned. Might not last but at least everything is getting sorted for now! X
  • Thanks you @Long35, @#Jules# and @Ninjabunni! It’s always a worry! I just really want to hurry these 12 weeks along, it’s like they’re going in slow motion! 😔😔 glad your husband got the jist and did some jobs for you! Men just don’t think do they?! 🤷🏼‍♀️ Xx
  • Men defo don’t understand ... at all!! My hubs seems to think I might still want sex despite the fact i’ve been spotting all weekend!! He TOTALLY doesn’t get how crap I feel. It really gets my goat. So I hear you @Ninjabunni!! 

@Lange3192 I spotted at 4 weeks, and again last week at 8 weeks ... and as you may have seen above have been spotting more still and am now 9 weeks ... I last had a scan on weds and everything was totally fine. Obvs i’m Still crapping myself, but I’ve decided I just have to assume everything is ok until I hear otherwise. Try not to worry. It is more common than we realise.

congrats on your scan @Long35 super exciting!! Xx 
  • Men really have no idea. I think the first trimester is the worst because physically we aren't much different to before, so they don't understand how we could possibly be feeling so tired/sick/crap when we look the same on the outside! This is our second pregnancy and my husband, while for the most part is understanding, still sometimes gets that 'oh you can't be that tired/sick' look about him. 

One thing I found helped last time was to get him to sign up to one of those weekly pregnancy newsletters. Each week they send through an email with everything going on with baby and everything going on with me, and so I think having those kind of helped him understand a bit more what was ACTUALLY happening inside my body and he was more empathetic. When the email specifically says 'you're likely to have peak morning sickness and feel exhausted and fatigue often', they tend to realise it isn't just us having a whinge for the sake of it!
  • Lol so glad it’s not just me!! Think things were just getting on top of me with job interviews building work decorators, trying to pick a pre school for my little boy and end of term busyness and I was just done but interview will be over this afternoon for better or worse so that’s one thing done anyway and I can relax a bit x
  • Hope the interview went well @Ninjabunni xx
  • @KMic thanks. It went as well as it could but a huge amount of people in for it so not holding out much hope. I’m a little busy next year anyway! 😂 so it’s another thing ticked off the list. How are you feeling today? X
  • We’ll done @Ninjabunni I’m sure you did great!! But if an update on the spotting front.... I rang the gynaecology department yesterday and they were closed so the called me back today and said they’re not overly concerned but I should put a pad on and monitor how things go and give a call if I have increased blood loss. I was fine up until about 10:30am when I went to the toilet and noticed quite a bit of blood, maybe half an egg cup amount on my pad so alarm bells started ringing! Called the gyno on my lunch break no answer, called again now and they’re closed. I’ve only had a minute bit of blood when wiping since 10:30am so I don’t know what to do?! Any advice please? I’m worryingly myself silly! 😔 xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions