Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020

Very excited first time mum - advice please?

edited May 20, 2019 7:45PM in Due in January 2020
Hi there, I found out yesterday that my partner and I are expecting! We’re both very excited! (If not a little scared! 😬 haha) my due date will be around the 25th January 2020. It’s my first so not sure what to expect. All good so far 🙂 just can’t keep my eyes open at night, kept falling asleep mid episode of Line of Duty catch up last week and had to keep rewinding it, my SO has practically watched the last 3 episodes twice over now!! 😂 bless him! 

One thing I would like to ask advice on. I found out yesterday I’m expecting and since then I’ve had slight spotting? Has anyone else experienced this? I did another test this morning just to make sure the 3 I did yesterday we’re all false positives and still got a positive this morning. Just wondering if anyone could please shed some light? Thank you!! 

Replies

• Heyy, it’s quite common to get spotting around 4-5 weeks as it could be implantation. As long as it wasn’t clotty and there wasn’t loads of it it shouldn’t be anything to worry about ... just mention it at your first docs / midwife apt though so they know xx 
  • KMic said:
    Heyy, it’s quite common to get spotting around 4-5 weeks as it could be implantation. As long as it wasn’t clotty and there wasn’t loads of it it shouldn’t be anything to worry about ... just mention it at your first docs / midwife apt though so they know xx 
    Thank you very much for this! It’s not clotty or in excess so I’ll rest a little easier now, and I will definitely mention it. I’ve just done my self-referral form for the midwife and ticked the box that mentioned it so 🤞🏻 They’ll be aware anyway. Thank you for your help, much appreciated ☺️ X