Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Awww I can wait to feel all those regular kicks 

Good luck at your scan tomorrow @Geriatricmum

@Ninjabunni I didnt buy a moses basket with my last baby nearly 2 years ago as the cot was in our bedroom and wanted to put her straight in a cot so she was used to it and didnt have to do the transition but I did end up getting one for downstairs during the day as we just put her upstairs on the bight so it was like a bedtime routine but didnt use it long as soon as she got regular nap patterns I'd put her up to bed for them so this time I'm doing exactly the same and hopefully it's as easy as last time so cot upstairs in my room and then the carrycot for my wave pushchair is safe for babies to sleep in so going to use that for the first few weeks downstairs xxx
  • @MUM2TB I’m hoping to breastfeed as well although it didn’t work out for my first but that’s why I like the next to me 

@Rainbowsunshine I have the iCandy carrycot so thought that would do for nap time x
  • I have a moses basket for downstairs and a next 2me crib for upstairs as I just find it so much easier with breastfeeding. Well I'm doing both breast and bottle. I can't believe we only have 4 months to go it's flying by 😁😁. Xxx
  • @Ninjabunni isn’t it scary that they are kicking so hard already!! 
    As for Moses baskets I’ve always had one upstairs and then used vibrating chairs and baby bean bag things downstairs, but I’m too lazy to keep moving a Moses basket and knowing my luck he’d prefer one to the other if I had 2! X
  • Oh lord 4 months!! That’s insane!! 16 weeks til I finish for maternity leave cause the school breaks up for Christmas break and I’m not going back! It’s insane! X
  • Same for me @Ninjabunni 16 weeks and counting then I go on maternity leave from my nursing course and I return in August to finish my last 7 weeks before I qualify. I'm only going to work part time though I hate missing out when the kids are little. Xxx
  • I've got a Moses bassinet for the bedroom and I bought a portable bassinet for the lounge. We only have one floor but figured it was easier to do it this way than dragging it out to the lounge whenever we needed it. 

I've got 3 weeks of work left until school holidays, then 2 weeks holidays and then 8 weeks of work until maternity leave haha. I'm finishing up at 34 weeks - we need a doc certificate to work later than that and it's an hour drive to and from work each day so I think I'll be well and truly over it by then lol 
  • I'm so jealous @lozzz, I wish I could start mine earlier I feel knackered all the time and the thought of doing 4 lots of 12  hour shifts while also looking after the kids and writting 6 assignments before Xmas Just makes me want to cry haha xxxx
  • Long35Long35 Regular
    edited Aug 29, 2019 9:16PM
    Hi everyone, nice to catch up on all the messages & see we are having movements! It seems so far away when we were all panicking for our 12 weeks scans, now we’re all well into our second trimesters 💙💗
    I’m due to go to Tenerife tomorrow morning so been busy packing and getting sorted. Just hope it’s not too hot & I can have a nice relaxing week ☀️ 
    I’m thinking of getting a Moses basket for downstairs & definitely getting one of the next to me cribs/cots for upstairs until little man is big enough for his own room, they look ideal Xxx 
  • Goooood afternoon ladies!! 

The wait is FINALLY over! I am thrilled to announce ... we’re having a GIRL!!!!

We are both over over the moon and my step daughter can’t wait to be a big sister! I think deep down the hubby might have been routing for a boy, but we are just so happy that everything is healthy and looking good! 

Xxx
  • Aww @kmic that’s amazing, massive
    congratulations... let the
    shopping begin 🥳xx
  • Yaaayyyy @kmic congrats 💗 xx
  • Hello everyone
    I just found out today I am expecting a BOY . Yeiii I am so excited I just did  the morphology scan and everything looked just fine . The only problem is that I gained weight more than I should I gained 10 kg ,till now . Baby is 600 gr right now anybody dealing with weight gain???
  • Aww congrats ladies!!
  • Congrats @Bleri2020
    Re weight gain I have not stepped on a scale and dont want to 😂😂 I've defo put on weight thou I just think I'll sort it after babys here now xx
  • Congratulations yeeeey. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Xxxx
  • Congrats girls on the 💗 and 💙 bumps 😀😀😀 xxx
  • @#Jules# ohhh I feel for you! I contemplated going until the end of the school year (it's only another 3 weeks after I plan to finish up) but that will bring me to 37 weeks and my son was born bang on 37 weeks (literally 5 days after I finished work last time) and so I want some more time up my sleeve haha. Plus it's going to be summer, so I'd rather be relaxing than working 🤣

@KMic yayyyy congrats on the girl! That's wonderful news. Now all the fun shopping can begin! My mum bought a teeny little faux fur cape/coat yesterday and it is so freaking cute - if it was in my size I'd wear it haha.

@Bleri2020 congratulations on the boy! Glad everything came up normal for you. 🥰 as for weight gain...meh. I think with my last pregnancy I gained about 25kg and I lost it all within 10 months. I definitely put on more than I planned, but at the same time as long as the baby was growing well I kind of viewed my extra weight as something to deal with AFTER giving birth lol. I weighed myself the other day just out of curiosity but aside from that I haven't stepped on a scale (and plan to make a point of saying I don't want to know the number at any appointments where they weigh me). 

Last pregnancy I got on a scale at an appointment and was so devastated with the result that I felt shit for weeks afterwards. Don't need that kind of negativity this time around - as long as baby is healthy and I feel okay (as much as one can when you're pregnant lol) then any extra weight is to be dealt with post-birth. Don't get yourself down about it, everyone carries differently as well. I feel like I'm doing okay and I still have people at work making comments about how big I am 🙄 there are 3 of us pregnant right now and the other 2 are first time mum's who were quite petite to start with, whereas I'm second time around and am a size 12/14. Easy to compare but not even in the same category. 
  • Hope your weekends are all going well girls. I have just got our 3 and 1 year olds to bed. Just laid up on sofa and man am I missing my Saturday night glass .... probley bottle lol of wine 🙈🙈🙈 hahaha  awww well just another 19 saturdays to go 😂😂😂😂
  • Oh man....ladies today I am on struggle street. We went on an excursion to the Zoo today and it was a nightmare. I had one student who threw a tantrum and refused to leave a bench because he didn't get to see the animals he wanted. He sat there for FORTY MINUTES while I tried to convince him to continue looking at animals whilst simultaneously trying to deal with the 29 other students I had in my group. It was incredibly frustrating, and it caused us to run out of time to see ANY other animals. I then had a student wet themselves because he didn't ask to go to the toilet.

We get back to school and I go to leave and my car won't start. I had to call roadside assist and the bloke basically couldn't do anything so I had to leave my car at work. Luckily a lovely co-worker offered to drive me home (I live 45 mins away) and traffic was so terrible that it took us almost 2 hours to get there. By this stage it was 7:30pm 😫 and my son was going absolutely mental. Screaming, crying, throwing himself around...the works!

I'm feeling absolutely exhausted and could sleep for a year! Hope your days are going better 🤣🤣
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions