Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• @Long35 ohhh you are making me jealous and so excited for my trip to Jamaica in a couple of weeks 😆 xx
  • I had my midwife appointment today and it was disappointing to say the least. 

I was literally in there for 5 minutes. It took me longer to walk from the car park to the clinic! She checked my blood pressure and asked how I was feeling, and then she checked baby's heartbeat. She said I have a lot of fluid so there was heaps of interference and it was hard to hear, but she was 'pretty sure' it was 134bmp. Less than 20 seconds she was searching before she stopped and was like 'okay that's it, you can go!' I didn't even get to hear it! 

And I'm supposed to take my little book with me to each appointment so they can fill it out but she didn't even write anything in it! It was bloody bizarre. I'm not back until 28 weeks now.

The ONLY positive was I was in and out so quick that I fell within the free parking time so I didn't have to pay for my ticket. 🙄
  • How annoying @lozzz ... try and look at it like it obviously meant everything was fine because she didnt need to keep you there! :) 

OK ... So ... first time mum problems over here ... we have started decorating the nursery or baby girl and looking at furniture etc. My friend has given me her moses basket which is fab. My first question to you all is this .... what sort of sheets etc do I need for the moses basket and cot? And how many sets should I have? Will the baby be with us in the bedroom / moses basket until it's 6 months? So should I just be concentrating on that right now? It really is quite confusing if you've never done it before! And I dont want to be wasting money buying things I dont need. Am I right in thinking the moses basket should just need a fitted sheet and then the baby can sleep in a little sleeping bag thing?? CONFUSED.

x
  • @Kmic, a lot of it is personal choice. I normally have approx 5 fitted Moses basket sheets in case of a sicky baby and I like swaddle blankets. Then 3 or 4 cotbed sheets for when they are a little bigger and the gro bags instead of blankets. It’s more what you feel comfortable with for your little princess xx
  • What are the swaddle blankets like @Geriatricmum? Are they like a ready made swaddle!? 🤣 that sounds so random! X
  • @KMic I always had 3 of everything one for the wash one drying and one on. Grobags are so good when you have a little kicky baby that likes to kick blankets off in the middle of the night 🤣 plus they come with a temperature and tog guide which puts your mind at ease. X
  • @Kmic they have little pouches for the feet and Velcro tabs so wriggly babies can’t escape xx
  • You can get one of them gro eggs that change to the colour of the room and it tells you by what colour it is as to what tog gro bag you need there great. Xxxx
  • I love grobags (or other branded baby sleep bags 🤣) my little dude used to pull the blankets over his head when napping so overnight was a disaster and they gave a lot of peace of mind. As for bedding I had 4 Moses basket sheets - one on, one washing, one drying and one in case of midnight sicky or nappy issues. My little boy grew out of his basket at about 4 and a half months cause he is a tall boy so we put him in his big cot in our bedroom til 6 months then moved him to his own room. Same applies to the cot in terms of bedding and he was in gro bags til he was 20 months when he went in to a toddler bed with a quilt and pillow like a big boy. (He had to move so early to a bed cause he was so tall he leaned over the bars of the cot and was about to fall head first when we caught him! Thank goodness for video monitors! We ended up sleeping underneath his cot to catch him when he started climbing!)  
  • When my little one started standing and trying to climb I was always worried incase he managed to climb over the cot so I bought a blow up mattress and put it next to the side of cot and if he fell he had a safe landing. He did fall on it once and thats when I took the sides down so make it safe 😂 things we have to do haha xxxx
  • The gro bags sound helpful! Over 16 years since my last one so it seems a little new to me, so glad somebody else asked about sheets, sleeping stuff etc.  Can you use the gro bags in Moses baskets and the next to me cots / cribs? Xx 
  • Thanks for the tips ladies!! :) xx
  • @Long35 I’ve never tried a gro bag in a crib or Moses basket but think they would probably be a little wide at the bottom. I may well be wrong though! Xx
  • Just had my 20 week scan and no abnormalities thank god and measuring just the right size oh and definitely a girl 💕 I can relax a bit now xxxx
  • Awh yay Jules I’m so pleased for you. I had my rescan today too and everything is fine and they got the images they needed so all happy all round x
  • That's brilliantly @Ninjabunni 😁😁😁😁 xxxx
  • Yay for your normal scans ladies!! Still can't believe we are on the count DOWN now! Getting more real for me, i'm so excited! x
  • I'm so nervous for mine I must be the last one to have one now. Mines on Wednesday praying everything is ok x
  • I'm sure everything will be fine @MUM2TB not long to wait for it now though. I feel like this pregnancy has flown by I really do. Before we know it we will all be holding our bundles of joy and no doubt messaging through the night as we will all be up 😂😂😂 xxxx
  • Good to hear scans went well! I will be checking little man on the Doppler when I get home tomorrow then it’s my 20 week scan and back to work Monday.
    been looking at Moses baskets online today, going to buy it end of the month & some sheets, swaddles, blankets etc. So exciting xx 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions