Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Swaddle bags are great! We had two last time and I'm buying more for this time around as well. Our son went through a period of being sick a lot at nighttime so definitely have a few on hand just in case! I also used to put old blankets/wraps/towels underneath where his head and shoulders were in case he spewed so I didn't have to change the entire sheet - that was a lifesaver when he'd be throwing up 2-3 time a night!

Glad everyone's scans are coming back normal, it's such a relief! I've got to book in for the glucose test in a few weeks time. Hopefully that comes back normal as well 🤞
  • I’ve got a glucose test too, not looking forward to it because normally the drink makes me throw up. 
    Whats everybody’s thoughts/experiences of being in the sun when preggers? Off to Jamaica soon and want a bit of colour but obviously don’t want to overheat the bubba
  • Ooh my GLucose test is in a few weeks too. I’m hoping it’s clear. They insisted cause my last boy was so big but the tests in that pregnancy were clear. This little bubba is smaller than he was so I’m hoping that I’m ok this time round too. 

As for sun, I think that it depends on you. I’m very pale and don’t take the sun well so I’ve been avoiding direct light to avoid burning but if you tan well and have a bit of a base colour you should be Kim. Loads of high factor suncream, hat to prevent headaches etc and short bursts only. Enjoy your hols, that sounds amazing! X
  • Oops should be fine not be Kim!! 🙈
  • I was in the sun quite alot on my holiday I wanted a tan lol I made sure I put lots of cream on because your skin can become extra sensitive with pregnancy but I also made sure not to overheat by going in the pool or inside when it was too much
  • As long as you keep hydrated you should be fine! I'm dying for some sun - winter is slowly making way for spring here but it's still cold. I'm pretty pale to begin with but during the colder months I basically turn translucent! My husband has Maltese background so he's always got a nice tan colour that I'm insanely jealous of. Are fake tans alright in pregnancy? I reckon I'll be visiting my tanning lady once the weather gets warmer if it is!
  • Ordered our nursery furniture today 🥰🥰
  • What did you order @KMic
    Has anyone started to think about buggies yet? 
  • https://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/47/50847/obaby-stamford-mini-sleigh-3-piece-room-set-white/ I order this 3 piece set.

Not even started to think about travel systems yet ... will probably start thinking about that in a couple of weeks :) 
  • Aww lovely @kmic I'm desperate to start putting everything together I've just got a huge pile in my corner of the bedroom 🙈 still haven't done the transfer of my daughter to a toddler bed yet so just waiting on that going to at the end of this month I think 

Midwife appointment Thursday looking forward to hearing babas heartbeat as still haven't heard that yet definitely starting to feel alot more movement which is lovely xx
  • Aw that’s exciting @Rainbowsunshine. My next apt isn’t until early October now!

Baby has been jumping around loads today which is lovely as the last few days she’s been really lazy!! 🤣 

just painted my toe nails ready for my mini break... i think it's safe to say that is the last time I will be doing that!! Bump is making it a difficult situation 🤣🤣
  • Hi everyone
    Hope you all are doing well. Had my 20 week scan this afternoon all is well phew. 
    We didn't want to know the sex but the sonographer showed us between the legs and I'm pretty sure I saw 3 distinct lines which suggest girl. I'm not bothered what we have but I'm a bit miffed that the sonographer went there and now I feel the surprise is ruined. It all happened quite quickly xx
  • Might not be hun. I saw 3 distinct lines at our scan and was told it’s definitely a boy. Depends on the angle and the development of the little one x
  • Oh thanks ninja, I'm really happy things are ok was getting a bit anxious closer to the time, time to do some shopping xx
  • Been midwife today first time I've heard her heartbeat was lovely had my whooping cough vaccine too wanted the flu one aswell but they didnt have it in not back till 28 weeks now 

Names changes again also 🙈 but love it we have decided on Everleigh rose xx
  • Everleigh was my 2nd choice in name I love it. 💖 Xxxx
  • Hello everyone hope you are doing fine. I am tomorrow 24 weeks pregnant. Does anybody have pain in the vag...a bone ? Especially when I go from sitting down to getting up it really hurts. I read online and it says it's because the baby is growing and the bone expanding.Do u know any remedies about that???
    Also any baby boy names you have in mind???? any suggestions welcomed
  • Yes Bleri I do. And I also have horrible vulva variscosities that I had with my first pregnancy but its come back with a vengeance with my second early this time! Have to sit with an ice pack and raised legs when I get home from work. It's because i stand alot. Sorry I cant be of any help for the public bone pain. Me and my husband like Edie Jean if it's a girl or Ronnie Arthur if it's a boy could change though I'm not entirely sure on the boys name xx
  • Boys names are so tricky! We struggled to decide on a name for our son but eventually went with Kye. This time around if it was a boy I liked Alec (or Alexander) and Elliot. My husband liked Nash or Joss. Glad it's a girl though because, again, we could not agree haha

I've found this time around I seem to be carrying lower so I'm having more pain in my lower stomach (like it's heavier) and also my lower back. Need some really good support shorts/undies for sure!
  • Lozz I’m with you. Boys names are impossible! 
    Same with the pain. No PGP which is lovely but round where my section scar is I get sore, like the weight of baby is pulling on the muscles and they aren’t as strong. Gives me backache too so I’m thinking of investing in a belly band maybe. You ever tried one? X
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions