Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• So glad your scan went ok @Ninjabunni cant wait to go for mine a week tomorrow and counting 

I still feel so much better the bad sickness hasn't come back I have waves of it here and there but it's completely bearable I just have zero motivation and with 5 children and one being a toddler I'm finding that quite hard I've had my consultant appointment through but that isn't till the 25th of july xx
  • Great news @Ninjabunni it’s such reassurance, we’re all not far off the first trimester now 😬 
    I’ve been so tired today, I’m off for 10 days after this week and it couldn’t come sooner xx 
  • Hello ladies hope you’re all doing well. I’ve just getting over a water infection and last night when I wiped I had a tiny bit of pink spotting on the tissue I mean it was tiny but again tonight I finally went to to the toilet after being constipated (TMI) and there was a tiny 2 pink spots again. Should I be worried? I have had no cramps but can’t help but worry xxx
  • @#Jules# I think it can be normal to have a teeny bit of blood after you've been constipated. I know I've had some blood after going to the toilet for the first time in ages. Keep an eye on it though, and see your midwife/GP if it continues?

Side note: how annoying is the constipation?! I'm going on day 4 of no bowel movement and it's so frustrating!

I've got ONE more day of work left until school holidays and I've lost my bloody voice! I've got 13 families coming in tomorrow night for parent teacher interviews, and I have no idea how I'm going to do them haha.
  • Thanks @lozzz il defo keep an eye on it. I’ve had nothing since and I’ve been checking probably way more then I should be. I think I’ve just convinced myself that something is wrong then that way I won’t be too heartbroken when they tell me they can’t see a heart beat. I think I’m sick in the head but because I can’t see the Baby or feel it and I feel great apart from tiredness then I’m thinking the worst had already happened. This pregnancy is so different to my last 2 in the respect i don’t feel pregnant really. Only another 3 weeks until my scan it’s killing me I might book another private one for peace of mind 😒 xxxx
  • @#Jules# don't worry I am in the same boat! I seem to have convinced myself it's going to be bad news, exactly like you said so if it is then it won't be as much of a surprise. I'm sure everything will be fine, but it's damn hard when you have NO IDEA what's happening in there!

My scan is in 2 weeks and I feel you, it can't come quickly enough!
  • It’s so frustrating my partner keeps telling me to think positive and I know he’s right but I keep thinking I love this baby so much already that it’s bound to go wrong. I wish I wasn’t so negative hun. Good luck with your parent teacher interviews I hope your voice comes back 🤣 xxxx
  • @#Jules# I’m the same Jules, constipated and constantly worried! I’m contemplating booking a reassurance scan at mothercare for this weekend, £45 but will be worth it as I want to be able to relax on my holiday next week. I’m also only going around every 4 days...it’s awful.  Nausea has practically gone just found I’m off a lot of food and drinks I use to like xx 
  • I’ve found drinking LOADS (if you can stomach it) of orange juice with the bits in massively helps with my constipation, I’ve gone from once a week to once every 2 days 😊does give you rather smelly wind though! Xx
  • I'm not really struggling with constipation .... I dont have the best metabolism anyway so dont really keep note on when I go, but I haven't noticed much of a change there. 

I also have the fear that something might go wrong! And I only had a scan a week ago tomorrow! It's ridiculous!! Trying to stay positive and remember that last time it hadnt grown this far so it's not likely to be the same thing, but you cant help but have that element of doubt! It's quite reassuring to know you are all feeling the same. Although I do wish we all just felt confident and happy that things were ok. 

I would be careful with the number of scans you have ladies ... the EPU did say to me that whilst there is no evidence that the scans affect the baby at all, they cannot be sure how many scans can be deemed as safe, so unless anxiety is in overdrive I would advise to sit tight and assume no news is good news. (I know full well that's easier said than done - but it's what I am trying my best to do) 

10 days to go until out 12 week scan! I'm 11+2 by dates today but by early scans more like 10+3 I think. So the earliest I should be at the next scan is 11+6 which is perfect :) I'm excited as it will be the first scan thats on the abdomen rather than up my po-na! Haaa! Will be exciting when we all get our due dates and see if any of us have the same!! :) xx 
  • KMic my consultant was talking about a TV scan yesterday if she couldn’t get a good image cause my bladder wasn’t as full as it should have been (very hot here yesterday!) so drink LOADS on your scan day!! X
  • @Ninjabunni i'll be downing pints!! Haha! 
  • I always thought drinking loads of water was good before the scan but when I went for my early scan at 7 weeks I ended up having it both ways and they couldn't believe how full my bladder was which was making them hard to see either way I had to go toilet twice through the scan and she said it was still full 🙈 I read to drink a pint if water an hour before your scan I might try that this time 😂 xx
  • I suppose it works both ways. It was so hot here yesterday, really thundery muggy weather so I maybe sweated out more than made it to my bladder. I thought I drank lots but she just about got the scan pictures so they’re very fuzzy! Still looks like a girl to me. 🤣🤣
  • Argh i'm so excited for next next scan! Excited to see if I can start guessing the gender and get a better idea of due date! AND feel safer about telling people!! x
  • I feel the same I keep wanting to book the gender scan but know theres no point till I've been for dating scan to find out how far I am and get a due date ans that everything is ok

With my little girl we had our dating scan late at 13 and a half weeks the lady showed us everything and then said theres looking down between the legs me and my partner said straight away when we left the room its a girl and we were right may have been by luck but it looked so obvious 

I'm looking forward to telling the children we have a top which was from last time and where I brought it from actually sent it to big which has actually worked out now says oops they did it again I'm going to be a big sister so going to put that on the littlest and see how long it takes the older children to realise xx
  • I’ve booked a reassurance scan for Friday, couldn’t help myself 🤦🏻‍♀️ A friend is also giving me her Doppler to use for when I’m gone 12 weeks, I don’t think I could actually reassure myself anymore! 😳 xx 
  • @KMic so glad all went ok! The scan picture is beautiful ❤️ What a clear little view! I love seeing the differences in scans as weeks pass already!

@Katies32 I am so so so sorry. I’ve just caught up on the thread and burst into tears reading your comment. I’m so sorry you are having to go through this. Sending all my love 💕 Take care of yourself xxx
  • I. CANT. STOP. EATING.......... anyone else?! LOL! x
  • I’m a bit like that. Driving me nuts as I lost 4 stone last year and now have a big belly again.. not sure how much is baby and how much is flab 😫
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions