Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• My doctors was exactly the same @Long35. I had my bloods taken on November 7th and it was only yesterday she told me there is a script for my iron tablets I think it's disgusting I really do. I'm going to have a glass of bucks fizz on Xmas day I'm looking forward to that 😂. Had my glucose test today so  find out tomorrow if that was okay. I'm ready for this baby now I must admit i just want a cuddle and to know shes out and safe. Not too early though but I'm ready xxxx
  • Hi everyone ☺️

I can't believe they've had you waiting for your next appointment weeks later to tell you your anaemic.. It's shocking!

Hope everyone is well. 

33 weeks today. Also suffering with the shooting pains! It's horrible, I convinced myself I was in labour a few nights ago as the shooting pains were regular followed with bottom back ache. I got in the bath and they stopped, thankfully. I see midwife, go for a growth scan and see consultant next week. Really hoping for a date for the csection.

To the girls that are having Vaginal delivery after there last csection. I had a Vaginal delivery with my last son although I was suppose to have a csection. The theatre was in use and my son was not waiting to be born. I wasn't suppose to to go naturally as I had a csection the year before and a 3rd degree tear from my first labour years previous. The risks were too high, however, delivering naturally I only had a few stitches, none of the complications they believed I might have.  I hope that helps. If you really want a csection though, it's your choice. Speak to your consultant, I am sure they cannot refuse you your choice.

X
  • Hi ladies 
    So I had a phone call today at nearly 32 weeks pregnant to tell me mm I have gestiational diabetes. I'm devastated. The diabetic nurse is going to call me Monday but I have so many questions I'm worrying myself sick. More so the fact of still birth rises. I'm due to have a section at 39 weeks but I now want to push for one at 37 weeks as all the research I've read said when gestiational diabetes is missed or diagnosed later then the risk goes up. Does anyone else have  this that can put my mind at rest xxxx
  • Hi Jules. Sorry you’re going through this. They aren’t sure if I have it or not, I can’t do the regular GTT as it
    kakes
    me suck so I had to monitor my sugars for 4 days, I hit the limit for levels so had to measure another 4 days where they were all fine. Consultant wanted to diagnose but diabetic nurse didn’t. Been left in limbo as baby is big and I have plenty of symptoms of GD but not monitoring anymore and baby measuring very big. I’m due an induction at 38 weeks , if I push for one at 37 it’s Christmas Eve ... you aren’t alone xx
  • It's so scary isn't it @Geriatricmum, Im definitely going to push for a section at 37 weeks. The baby is measuring small but apparently it can go one way or another and I have more water which is a sign of the gestiational diabetes. The research said thst it can cause premature labour and I'm wondering if that's why I was contracting last week in hospital I really thought I was in labour but the it just stopped. I'm so worried. I think once I speak to the nurse on Monday il feel better but wouldn't you think they would get in touch today it doesn't make much sense to me xxxx
  • It really is scary @#Jules#, do what you feel is right but definitely get onto the hospital as they should have you in to see the consultant who deals with GD xx 
  • RainbowsunshineRainbowsunshine Regular
    edited Nov 29, 2019 6:00PM
    Aww no poor you @#jules# it is worrying I had it in my last pregnancy I was told they would induce 39 weeks plus if diet controlled 38 weeks if on tablets to control blood sugars and 37 weeks if on insulin I ended up on the tablets as diet control wasnt working for me I only ever had the insulin through a drip when I had the steroid injections as they make your sugar levels rise everyones different thou I ended up having my little girl at 36 weeks but that was because of unrelated problems to diabetes her blood sugar levels were fine when she was born 
    On monday they will probably give you a monitor to check your sugar levels at home mine was an hour after I ate and first thing in the morning before eating it takes a little getting used to then you will see consulant regular to check your numbers from your diary and scans 
    I was about 28 weeks when I was diagnosed did you have a test earlier on or is this the first one you've had? Xx

• Do what you feel is right for you and your baby. It must be so worrying please know that GD is so so common and the margin for being classed as having GD is reduced so that's why a lot more women are diagnosed with it now this is speaking to a midwife at a pregnancy yoga class as I was discussing the possibility of having it too. They will take extra care now for you with extra monitoring so that's good. It may be diet controlled at first and if no change you have insulin but I could be wrong.

My friend had it twice in both her pregnancies they were absolutely fine and she wasnt diagnosed till right at the very end of her pregnancy. Hope this doesnt ruin your weekend xx
  • Thanks girls I do feel alot better now after reading what yous have said. I'm just getting myself worked up. Yes @Rainbowsunshine this was my first check. I know my mind will be more eased after Monday. Xxxx
  • @#Jules# I'm sure it will all work out well for you! From what I know about GD it is annoying but easy enough to live with once you get all the information. Frustrating that it is so late, but I'm sure they will do all they can to make sure bubs is safe 😊

Well, I've been up all night with gastro. My son got it, then passed it on to my husband and then myself. It's been bloody horrible. I've been up 5 times during the night vomiting, and I've had the most agonising stomach cramps. They went all up around my belly, it felt like I was in labour again (but I was feeling my uterus and it wasn't contracting so defo not labour haha). I couldn't get comfortable and ugh, it was the worst night sleep I've had in years. Still in pain this morning too 😔
  • Hope all ye ladies ok. I know very little about gd and wish ye best of luck.
    Lozzz nothing worse that been sick on top of it.. remember pregnant on my daughter near Christmas. Getting the vomiting bug.. last 4 days but my tummy after was Soo sore due to muscle tightening when getting sick. Try if possible getting plenty of flat 7up or lucozade sport orginal and rest hard when you have other kids. 

Got my appointment move up a week so get to see doctor on the 4th and hopefully sorting out these pains and seeing this little one again :) 

• So I've been in hospital this morning and the doctor diagnosed me with a partially collapsed lung. Unfortunately there's not much to be done as my uterus is causing limited space, and therefore the lung can't heal itself and go back to a normal size due to having no room. 

I'm not sure what this means going forward - I've got my midwife appt on Thursday so I guess I will get some more information then. My main concern is whether it will impact labour or not...I planned on having a natural, vaginal birth but I know strenuous pressure on the lung can cause it to collapse further so I don't know if that will be an option anymore! 😫
  • Oh @lozzz I'm sorry your going through this. You health is paramount though and you'll be in the right care. Hopefully by Thursday you'll be more relaxed and in the know and as disheartening as it maybe read up on some positive gentle c section stories if that's the route that you have to go for you can totally still be in control of what your preferences are xxx
  • @lozzz oh Loz I’m really sorry to hear that! Are they keeping you in hospital? I’m not sure what this could means in terms of labour but I understand about the impact it may have on a natural birth?  How long have you got left? I’m guessing you will meet with a midwife / consultant to discuss further? Xx 
  • Oh sorry to hear this... Hopefully after meeting someone and talking to them more you'll feel reassured. Easier said than done but try not Google or over think till you know all the facts.

I've got my 32 week appointment/scan tomorrow and im very nervous. First time been worried about an appointment. :/ Feel at times baby breeched others as if head down and also questions twins last night with all the different movement going on. 

• Oh Lozz that’s very worrying for you. I hope you get some advice soon. 
    I know it may not be helpful at the moment but I just wanted to share that my little boy was born by c section and it was the most calming, positive experience I could have asked for. I had choices  to make that helped me feel on control and I was fully informed about what was happening so you can still have a positive birth experience even if it’s not what you initially intended x
  • Thanks, ladies! I am totally okay with the idea of a c-section as my mindset is very much 'healthy baby and healthy mum, regardless of how it happens'. Tomorrow I'll speak to my midwife and see what she thinks, but hopefully it's just a minor issue. 🤞

I will say though, I am very excited about giving birth and having my body back! 
  • Great that you are managing to stay so upbeat, maybe they will just bring your c section forward a little? Less than a week until I should get my date for induction, can’t wait as I’ve absolutely had enough now, baby feels massive! Xx
  • Oh @lozzz I've just read what happened I hope you're taking it easy. You will be so glad to get your body back and it won't be long now. I have had 2  c-sections due to various reasons and I can honestly say I still enjoyed them. The whole procedue was so calming and I still got to have my babies tucked in with me skin to skin it was amazing. Only advice I can give is if you do have a section it's worth purchasing a band for after as it holds everything in place and reduces pain massively. I've got the mama way band and it's brilliant. Let us know what's said tomorrow. Xxxxx
  • Hope all goes well today for you.. ❤️

Just had 32 week check up.. Head down and only one.. Baby heart beat was in the 150 and bump measuring 31cm.. 

They think my pelvis might be slightly out of place so they have ordered physio for me. Have to go to in two weeks and won't be seen by hospital till 37 weeks.
    F
    Feel my bump drop as well this happen any of ye at 32 weeks

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions