Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    I'll look into that thankyou @Geriatricmum she also has flaky skin and is constipated not to the point where shes crying trying to go but everytime I feed her shes trying to go and small little bumbles come out bright yellow you can guarantee she always has one in her nappy bless her xx
  • Options
    Oh guys I hope all your babies will have a better night and stuff work for you. 
    Lozzz hope your OK and things are moving for you. 
    GP to went good. BP pressure fine. Heart rate fine. Baby head in right position. Just a comfortable baby guess I'm waiting till February 😭😂😭
  • Options
    Congratulations @beckzie Sophia is gorgeous. You shluld
  • Options
    Sorry that sent without finishing I was going to say you should start feeling better around day 5. Its been a week since Sophie was born and I feel amazing no pain or anything my belly just feels numb where the scar is. 
    Can't wait to see the new babies coming soon good luck ladies not long now xxxxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear some of the babes are still having issues - nothing worse than not knowing how to ease their discomfort! 😫 I hope relief comes soon 🤞

I'm being induced on Thursday morning, so 2 more sleeps! I told the hubby we'll go out for dinner tomorrow night before we drop our son at his grandparents for a sleepover - a last little dinner as a family of 3! Feeling a little apprehensive about the induction side of things as I hear it can get very intense very quickly, however I'm going in with an open mind and hopefully everything goes well. It's nice knowing I'll have her in my arms by the weekend after what has felt like the longest pregnancy ever! 🤣
  • Options
    Eeekk exciting @lozzz not long now the end is insite nice idea to have a meal out also make the most of them full nights sleep before hand 

Dont worry about induction I've heard bad and good stuff with them I had an induction with my 3rd and it was good for me was a long process but only took 2 hours from first pain for her to be born with no complications 

Had a better night last night I mean she was up at half 12 half 3 and quarter to 6 but she went straight back to sleep after being fed so I'm happy today hopefully she keeps it up fingers crossed cant believe she a month old today already even with all the lack of sleep its flew over xx
  • Options
    @lozzz try not to worry about the intensity of induction. I’ve had 3 and honestly had mostly great experiences. My first one was slow and the last two very quick. Yes apparently more painful than going normally but I’ve managed with just gas & air so can’t be that horrendous as I’m a giant wimp! 2 days time and you’ll have your precious baby, can’t wait to see pics!

Freddie is 3 weeks today and still jaundiced. Got an appointment again tomorrow at prolonged jaundice clinic to hopefully get
    some answers 🤞. 
  • Options
     3 weeks old today 🥳🥳🥳
  • Options
    Ah look at him his handsome ❤️❤️

Lozzz oh its so close.. Dinner is nice ideas :) I was induced on my son.. Only had gas and air too.. Was very quick when I got my first contraction.. So try not worry. Your little one will be here so soon...

Il be 39 weeks tomorrow. And as ye been following me I'm so fed up.. Just want it to start. Everyone asking me and kids. Kids are frustrated when people ask. Forgot to get little present for them from baby so need to pop to toy shop during week to pop in baby bag..

And idea to make things a little easier as I say I've 3 weeks rather than a week m to go.  Xx
  • Options
    I'm the same @Crazykmom I keep telling people I'm technically 3 weeks away even though I'm 39 weeks. It's so true what they say it does drag the last few weeks. Everyone saying I'm still carrying so high doesnt fill me with much hope now. Everything normal.no imminent signs so I reckon a february baby it is. 😭 didnt want it so close to my littles girls 3rd birthday but baby will come when ready i suppose. I've read about sniffing some clary sage to get things going.

Aww happy 3 weeks Freddie bet its flown by!

I was induced with my first @lozzz it wasnt as bad as people made out to be the only reason I dont want one this time round is I dont want to be strapped to the bed but speaking to my midwife if i have to go down that route i can still move around and use a birthing ball so i feel more positive knowing that. I've been reading all sorts of positive births from inductions to c sections just to prepare me for all sorts and it's really helped me "train" my mind just want a bit more control this time round as I was a bit of a deer in the headlights first time xx
  • Options
    How does your baby sleep @Rainbowsunshine? I mean I can't get my little one to sleep at all. So basically I have a next to me cot and as soon as she goes in she just cries nothing I do will settle her. I've tried the sleeping bags and swaddling but nothing. I end up bringing her in with me and breast feeding her lieing down and usually we both fall asleep. I know it's wrong but I can't seem to find any other solution. I have my arm trapped so I can't roll on her but still I panic. Im just so tired I don't know what else to do. I have the silent night baby monitor under her mattress which will alarm if she doesn't move for 30 seconds so I don't really want to put her in a moses basket I want to preserve with the next to me cot but I don't know if you or anyone else has any techniques I can try I'm so sleep deprived 😭. 
    Good luck @lozzz not long now until your induction xxxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone congratulations on all your gorgeous baby's!! I had a sweep yesterday after noon and lost my mucus plug a few hours ago other than that I can decently see this baby making me wait!! has anyone else gone into labour after a sweep?
  • Options
    Congratulations @beckzie on the arrival of Sophia - we do hope you're starting to heal and hopefully being well looked after. 

We're just stopping by as we think there are just 3 babies due now (we're sorry if this incorrect) so we thought it was time to kick off your January 2020 Babies thread! Please do come on over to this new thread, when you're ready - doesn't matter if you've had your baby or not - there are no rules :) We'll close this thread once all the babies are here. 
  • Options
    Aww @#Jules# I really feel for you la k of sleep is the worst i dont have any idea really she just picks and choices when she wants to sleep ha i have her in a cot next to my bed with the sleepy head thing so shes in a smaller space I've tried with sleeping bag on and off and swaddled then with her hand free usually if shes not asleep after a bottle i sit rocking her till she falls into a deep sleep then lie her down fir a couple of nights I slept on the sofa aswell with her in the bouncy chair as was only place she would sleep longer than ten mins 

Had her weighed today shes now 8lb 14oz so has put on 14oz in a week  health visitor also said her tummy was large and firm so had her to doctors they say shes fine and to just carry on what I'm doing was hoping for magic solution 😂😂 xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies. 

@beckzie she is beautiful 💗
    I was the same after c section, first 3/4 days I thought I was never going to recover!  Felt bad that I couldn’t do everything for George but 2 weeks later I’m a lot better, not on any pain medication just a bit cautious getting up and down and walking too fast but besides all that all is good. 

George’s conjunctivitis seems to have cleared up well, swabs have been sent off just to rule out any infection.  His skin particularly his hands and feet are dry as if they are shedding skin so I have got some Aveeno baby for it.  Hoping to get him to a weigh in clinic over the next few days but I can tell he’s growing as his legs are no longer fitting some of the premature baby clothes we got him 😊 

hope everyone else is well, your little ones will be here before you know it.  Xx 
  • Options
    Lots comments since I was on.. 

For person who asked about sweep.. It works for some and doesnt for other. Fingers crossed it will work for you. 

Carrying high I was carry high and didn't drop at all on little girl. Think I give up.. Everything I try isn't working.. 

Wrecked now waiting on sister to pick up her kids then quick shower and watch something before I jump into bed and hopefully get few hours. 

Hope ye all OK x x 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, sorry ive been really inactive since joining this thread but i want to say a massive congratulations to all of you with your gorgeous babas already here! Im still awaiting my little girls arrival :neutral: i feel like it cant come quick enough! Hope youre all doing well, big hugs x
  • Options
    @abbierk95 I've had 3 sweeps (39w, 40w3d + 41w) and am still pregnant haha. However, my SIL had one sweep and went into labour 4 hours later, so it all depends! I did have my bloody show after the last sweep though, so I guess it did make SOME difference?!
  • Options
    Well morning ladies.. I've had a shite night. After a busy day.. Climbed into bed for 9pm. To be in the bathroom a number of time before midnight mainly pee but poop too and awful cramps. Swore I'd wake up with even a show but nothing.. Now both kids home sick from school and I'm wrecked.
    Trying everything to move things along 
  • Options
    Oh me too, couldn't sleep last night had a lot of period like pains coming and going but I'm not reading into it as I had that a couple of weeks ago. My ligaments feel so sore too when I get up from sitting. 
    It's really hard not knowing when you will get to meet your baby I'm getting impatient now. 
    Plus my hormones are turning me into a dragon with my husband. I feel like a whale too and I know sex is supposed to be a proven method to help things going but I cant think of anything worse right now. 
    Trying to relax is hard isnt it 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions