Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• @lozzz what a beautiful photo! Congratulations on the birth of Zoe she is beautiful 💗 

xx
  • @lozzz So glad you are both home. What absolute cuties your little 2 are xx
  • Beautiful photos @lozzz
    Glad you and zoe are back home xx
  • Ahh girls congratulations on all the lovely new babies that have arrived. It’s only today in the new baby haze that I realised I wasn’t getting notifications for our thread!

@Geriatricmum so thrilled Freddie is home safe and sound and seems to be improving. I feel your pain with the formula feeding. I struggled to express anything more than 1oz per day combined and that was with pumping wwru 3 hours religiously. Same with my older boy. Just finished pumping and there is nothing there so 2 and a half weeks in and my supply is gone. It’s as well Lewis drinks formula easily enough! But the feeling that you can’t feed your baby is a hard one to stomach so I’m sending you love. We just have to remember that circumstances are sometimes just not great and fed is best, no matter where it comes from.

Good luck to those ladies still waiting x
  • Due date day for me ladies and I'm still no closer 😪😭

I was so fed up yesterday I'm starting struggle to walk now feel so heavy and sore and no sleep at all last night. 

Hope it's not too much longer was bouncing on my ball sniffing some clary sage 

Keep having to remind myself to stay positive relaxed and baby will come when ready I think it's time I switch my phone off to the outside world ha

Hope everyone has had a good sleep as much as you can do ! 
  • @Ninjabunni it’s so hard isn’t it. I’ve always breastfed before, even though I’ve always found it painful. Freddie just wouldn’t latch properly, then they made me give him formula on top of expressed (which I barely got any out) so the little I did have disappeared! Now he’s on a prescription formula for allergies and I can’t help blaming myself. It wouldn’t be so bad but it’s the first thing health visitors ask, and then I rejoined slimming world last week and group leader was announcing the extra’s a pregnant woman in group could have and said “ I bet you wish you were feeding Freddie now, Laura!” Arghhh!!!! How are you and Lewis doing? Have you managed any kind of sleep??

oh no @MUM2TB you hadn’t been on for a few days so I thought things might have been happening for you 😞
  • Mum2tb 
    When your next appointment?? U get a sweep?? 
    So sorry to hear and feel you completely.. My sister had to call yesterday cause I could walk properly. Partner off now two days hoping things might happen. He just took kids down stairs but can't sleep..
    I've given up did everything to get baby going and nothing.. :( I can feel her in my bum and ladies part more and more.
    Hope all mom and babies are doing good xx
  • Yeah same the baby is very low down I can feel movements in my bum and painful jabs to the cervix!

Are we the last two waiting now? I see my midwife on friday for a sweep seems like forever away though xx
  • Oh girls that last few days is a killer! If it helps I had about a week of that very low down feeling with stabbing pains and my midwife said I was ready to go at any moment (just ended up having the section before I went) so hopefully it’ll not be too much longer for you. Get those gum balls going, only thing that helped me! 

@Geriatricmum that’s rotten, just what you wanted to hear eh? I have two friends who breastfed/expressed no problem and while they are very sympathetic they don’t seem to understand that there was nothing else I could have done, I just don’t make the milk a huge big boy like Lewis needs! For goodness sake he was crying for a feed as he was lifted out! My husband had to take him away and feed him while they were still stitching me up! But I’ve packed away my pump this morning and an trying to draw a line under it by accepting that he had everything I had to give and he is thriving.
    Sleepwise we’ve been ok til this week and he seems to have woken up and decided that having an ounce of feed every half an hour is preferable to a good feed every few hours 🤣 oh the joys eh? But it could be worse. Husband is back to work full time from tomorrow so that’s the real test!
    also we’ll done for getting signed back up to SW! I haven’t even attempted to think about getting on the scales yet!! 
  • Mum2tb I don't think we are only two think there is someone else too. 

Gym Ball has been out weeks. I see midwife on Wednesday my. Due date. Hoping to go b4 then.

Girls sound like ye are doing great work. I can't wait to chat about sleep and feeding x
  • Thanks Ninja I hope that's the case. 

Regarding breastfeeding that was exactly how I was with my little girl. I just didnt produce enough and expressing was so hard work towards the end I was drying up. It was only when I gave her a bottle the relief knowing she was content and fed took so much pressure off and I ended up being able to proper bond with her if that makes sense. And you know what it's not made an ounce of difference in her development or health. Its everywhere though isnt it you cant get away from it and I remember when I couldn't breastfeed everywhere I looked mums were breastfeeding and it made me feel so sad. I cant believe the group leader said that how insensitive. That's an eye roll moment. 
    Hot curry tonight I think and I may even have a glass of wine ! 
  • Girls.. What color discharge should I been having 
  • For your show? For some people it’s pink red or brown because it’s tinged with blood, others it’s clear or whiteish. Anything other than that give the midwife a call for reassurance x
  • Hiya sorry rang hospital.. As bit watery and have brown red gold and clear but I'm rehsus negative and have to be checked as baby positive x
  • Oh it sounds like your show! Keep us posted xx
  • So up in hospital.. Not in labour. Was my show but but more blood than they like. So on fluids and been monitored for observastion. They want to monitor baby again once in a bed.. Not very helpful with questions. Hopefully since I'm here they'll start me ha ha 
  • How many weeks are you now @Crazykmom fingers crossed they decided to induce you keep us updated 

Well done @Geriatricmum for doing slimming world already I just have no motivation at the min still 😂 

Everleighs doing well how many ounces is everyones little ones on shes draining most bottles 4oz so put it up to 5 but dont know if it's a bit much she seemed like she was going to be sick after so I've lowered back to 4oz for now she does feed alot more thou anywhere from every 2-4 hours put her in the bath today she hates it 😔 screams when she first gets in 

• Lewis is the same, 4oz a feed every 2 and a half hours ish. I make 5 oz in the bottle and just accept that I lose half an oz to an oz each time but I’d rather have it when I need it than have to make a new feed up for a tiny amount.

@Crazykmom good luck! Thinking of you xx
  • @Rainbowsunshine omg look at her I'm weak 😍

I'm 39+4 and having blow show mucus plug loss and little bleed. Said I'm 3cm and cervix is soft. Hope all these are good signs.

Been put back on trace in next few minutes.
     Starting to feel bit lighted headed ah I'm just hoping I'm near the end 
  • That's sounds like very good signs @Crazykmom 3cm and soft cervix hope they keep you and babys here soon 

@Ninjabunni I may just start doing 5 oz and see how she goes like you say its better to loose it than them to still be hungry when the bottles empty xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions