Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Hi ladies I'm struggling with my milk supply too and I feel so guilty I really do. Sophie lost a full pound after 4 days because she wasn't feeding properly. So I persevered with the breast feeding and the she gained 3onz after 2 days but then after another 4 days she only gained 10grams. Midwife said to express every feed and I'm lucky if I get an ounce so I go back every hour to top up she has 2ounces for her feed. Then I put her back to breast and I can see her struggling. My partner went out and bought milk formula last night but I haven't used any yet. I feel guilty but why do I feel guilty. I know I'm not supplying enough so if I was giving my sister advice I'd say don't be silly and give her a bottle but I won't listen to my own advice and I'm still battling away with the pump trying to squeeze out an ounce every hour it's horrendous. Why is there so much guilt to breast feeding! I feel like I've failed her because I manged 10 months with the boys but for Sophie I just can't keep up with her demand I'm in tears here. These bloody hormones xxxx
  • @Rainbowsunshine how gorgeous is she 😍😍

@Crazykmom so exciting, thinking of you!!

@#Jules# sending huge hugs, that’s exactly the situation I was in and in the end the decision was pretty much taken away from me because he was so poorly. I don’t think our post birth hormones help either, I’m really struggling with my emotions xx
  • @#Jules#
    The way my midwife put it as I cried on her over this issue was “stop! Stop now. You are a mum which means you will feel guilty about everything you do or don’t do so why add another one to the list. You have tried your best and your baby got every millilitre you could give them which is amazing. From now, they need to be fed and they need to bond with you so get a bottle on and enjoy a stress free feed for once.”

I know it’s hard hun, I’m still in tears when I think about it but you have done everything you can. Now it’s time to put Sophie first and get her a full tummy and a happy relaxed mummy xx
  • So no sign anything happening but fingers are crossed. 

For those that are even trying breast feeding ye are amazing for trying. Don't feel like you failed or guilty as many midwife and people told me. A woman body is amazing what it can endure but some things are out of our control. No matter what sometimes you just have to do opposite. List to your body and once baby is happy so will you ❤️💜
  • Formula certainly hasn’t done this chunky monkey any harm!! 
  • Oh He is so cute!! I could eat him in that hat!! 

Random question for those post party ladies... bleeding. Anyone had theirs stop completely then start again bright red? I thought I was done and it’s just all kicked off again today but it’s surely too soon for a period! Lewis isn’t even 3 weeks! X
  • Mine’s been stop start, up until a couple of days ago I was still getting some clots, now things have gone brown again - hoping this time I don’t start getting fresh blood again! Also noticed it getting more ‘mucus’ like. He’s 4 weeks on Tuesday so end should be in sight. Don’t remember it being like this the other times! Xx
  • Oh well I’m glad I’m not alone then. I was fine with Connor. 2 - 3 weeks of progressively slowing bleeding then it just tapered off bit this time round I’m all over the shop!!
  • Freddies beautiful @Geriatricmum 💙

Aww @#Jules# so sorry feeding isnt working out the way you hoped but you've done so well getting this far dont be hard on yourself 

Bleeding... everleigh will be 5 weeks Tuesday and mine slowed down pretty quick it hasn't got any heavy last week I also noticed the mucus like bleed and now it's next to nothing but brown I'm sure with my last things had stopped by now im still wearing a pad and probably will till after my first pierod has finished as I dont want to be caught off guard 😂 xx
  • Hi ladies, Paisley arrived on the 23rd of January at 4.13pm weighing 6 pounds 13 and a half, she is perfect! But, like a few of you have mentioned ive been really struggling with breastfeeding and ive tried everything, she does latch but shes just not full up so ive been expressing too but im still not getting enough to fill her up so ive had to start using formula as a top up and its really getting me down too! Hope youre all well xx
  • Congratulations @danielle250701 Paisley is beautiful ❤️Xx 
  • Aw beautiful congratulations xx
  • Congrats, she is beautiful x
  • @Crazykmom eeee this is super exciting, I hope it kicks off for you soon! 3cm and a soft cervix is a great sign - I still had a medium cervix and was 1-2cm when I went in for my induction so you are already ahead of where I was lol.

Oh man, breastfeeding. I feel for all of you, because I know how it feels. It's hard to shake off the feeling of 'failing' even though it really is anything but! I struggled with the guilt last time but this time I think because I knew from the get go that I would be formula feeding, I feel content with everything.

@danielle250701 congratulations, birthday twin! Paisley is beautiful and I love the name! ❤
  • Thank you all and @lozzz aww how lovely! I didnt even realise they shared a birthday but thats wonderful! Xx
  • Congratulations @danielle250701 shes beautiful love her name too xx
  • Morning all.. So my beautiful baby girl holly came at 6.02am.. Went into labour around  3am..
    All happy and healthy. I went naturally with the help of gas and air. She weighed 8lb 7oz.
    Im so happy.. 
    Best of luck alll cx
  • Congratulations! Nice quick labour too. Hope you’re feeling well x
  • @Crazykmom yaaaaaay! Congratulations!!! Enjoy the newborn snugs 🥰🥰
  • Oh wow congratulations!! Well done! Xxx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions