Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Congratulations @danielle250701 paisley is beautiful and Congratulations @Crazykmom can't wait to see pics of Holly and well done you for just doing gas and air. I think all our babies are nearly here now xxxx
  • Congratulations @Crazykmom , hope you are having lots of lovely cuddles. Looking forward to seeing a photo xx
  • Congratulations @Crazykmom - that seemed to happen super fast! We can't wait to hear more about it, and welcome to the world Holly!

A quick reminder to all to please come on over to the January 2020 Babies thread as we will be closing this thread soon. 
  • Huge congrats @Crazykmom glad it went quick and smoothly for you and that you went in to labour yourself 

I've give in after another terriable night I've been and got some infacol and failing that I've got some back up gripe water 😂 xx
  • Oh Rainbow I feel you. Lewis has silent reflux I’m sure. His brother had it and too omeprazole for a year. I was on to the doc this morning and he won’t give me omeprazole for Lewis til I’ve done a week with milk thickener! It’s rubbish and doesn’t work I do t think so poor Lewis has to put up with colicky windy symptoms til they’ll help properly 🙄 hope Everleigh feels better soon x
  • I've been thinking about going doctors too @Ninjabunni as I'm sure this is what everleigh has with my 2 year old we just battled through with reflux milk didnt realise they could have anything else I'm going to look into it shes been reflux milk for roughly 3 weeks now and clearly not working poor lewis its horriable seeing them in pain and uncomfortable I hate feeding her cuz every time I do I know it's going to start again untill I can eventually get her settled then it seems like its bottle time again 🙄 xx
  • Yeah it’s rough, we’re down to feeding an oz every 20mins to half an hour to keep him as settled as possible. They do get there but it’s worth speaking to someone. Especially if she has been on anti reflux milk already. They might give her something to help her tummy x
  • @danielle250701 congratulations on the birth of Holly she is beautiful 💗 I had to use formula with George as my milk hadn’t come in, don’t feel guilty or upset about it. 

@Crazykmom finally she is here!! Can’t wait to see a photo, hope you’re okay too. 

I wish I could have breastfed George but my milk didn’t come in which is quite sad as he’s my last baby and I didn’t manage it with my first either 😔 Weigh in clinic for us tomorrow though so I’m hoping this formula has done the trick as his last weight was 4lb15oz and that was 12 days ago. 

Hope all you other mums are okay and not been too hard on yourselves. My husband has gone away with work for two nights so it’s first night alone with George 💙 I’m sure we will be fine xx 
  • Oh Long good luck tonight! You’ll be grand but I do remember that first time alone overnight! Don’t think I slept a wink! X
  • How did you get on Long? Survive ok? 😂 just had Lewis weighed and he is now at 3 weeks old,  11lbs 13oz!!! Such a chunk!! X
  • Wow @Ninjabunni what a lovely weight he is bet hes lovely and cuddley 

I've been using the infacol since yesterday afternoon fingers crossed it seems to be working not 100 percent better but a big improvement she just blows off loads now and there loud 😂 xx
  • Awh @Rainbowsunshine that’s great, glad she is feeling better! 
    Lewis has been on Carobel for 24 hours and it does seem to be helping settle him so I’m pleased. Long may it last with this settled happy babies! X
  • Does anyone else find that their baby has a particular time of day when they are super cranky? About 4:30 for an hour or two Freddie goes ape, screams constantly despite having a clean nappy, freshly fed etc. The rest of the time he’s fine! I think I am over sensitive about everything he does/doesn’t do... looking for signs of delayed development etc because of his Kernicterus x 

• Yeah Lewis is the same, 4:30 - 6:30 every day and his bro was the same. Just when you’re tired and trying to prep dinner etc 🙄 I’ve heard loads of parents complain about that time of day. It’s very common x
  • It’s so draining isn’t it. Always happens as I’m trying to do homework and reading with my other boys, been a good few years since they were babies I can’t remember if they were like it! 
  • Yes @Geriatricmum mines starting now and will go on till we go up to bed 

Glad lewis is doing abit better hopefully they will stay happier babies I want to enjoy the newborn stage not wish it away 😂😂 xx
  • Thanks every one... She a little bunter. Will try get a proper picture when I can little cross face after just coming out. Was hoping to be home today but little one has touch of jaundice and need to be checked in morning. Haven't caught up on messages yet. Hope all is well and all that still wait hope you'll be here soon x

• @Ninjabunni yes I survived!  He’s home tomorrow night around 8pm so be nice to have him home. 

George was 5lb13oz at weigh in today, he’s just below the 0.4 centile chart which is the bottom so they’ve asked me to take him every 1-2weeks so they can just keep an eye on him but otherwise all well. 

This last hour he’s been crabby, he hasn’t had a poo all day so maybe that’s what’s bothering him but he’s finally just nodded off all wrapped up and cuddled.  I’ve got Infacol but he doesn’t seem keen on it so hard to get any down him.  His gooey eye has returned for the third time, anyone else had this?? Going to chase up his swabs with doctor tomorrow xx 
  • Congrats again @Crazykmom shes beautiful hope you are home soon

@Long35 hes put on quite abit still from what he was last time hopefully he carrys on 
    Yes to the eye Everleigh had it when she was a couple of days old too lasted ages till she went in hospital with the suspected sepsis then it was gone the next day we was just cleaning it with warm water she had swabs took but I never heard back and hers hasn't come back when she was having her newborn check in hospital the doctor tried forcing her eye open to look in them and I'm wondering if it was that what caused it for her as it was that eye 
    If geroges has come back I'd probs chase the swabs up or have them re done xx
  • Soooo has anyone else had a flush of hormones making you feel extremely toey?! I swear, the last day or so has been insane. Every hot guy I see I'm like 👀👀👀 🙈

Much too early to even contemplate having sex but my GOD. Driving me bananas!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions