Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• @Rainbowsunshine I was really impressed with the Primark variety. I got all plum / burgundy colours and finally some non-wired bra’s as mine have been getting so uncomfortable! Haha no chance did I want to leave it to the husband to do 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 
    Got all my toiletries from Superdrug. Forgot to get nipple pads! Lol. Going to try breastfeeding but if he doesn’t take to it I’ve also prepared to bottle feed & gone for Aptamil as I heard that’s the next best thing? 

A few of us are breech by the sounds...yes I got told around the 34 week mark they try to move them manually 😳 I do hope he moves as I would rather avoid a caesarean if possible but whatever gets him here safely! 💙 xx 
  • I used Aptamil the last time as my little boy wouldn’t latch but going to give it another go this time round. He took Aptamil no problem but my health visitor told me that all first infant formulas have to be manufactured to the exact same legally prescribed specification so whatever you use the baby will get the same nutrition x
  • I've bought some.nipple shields as I've heard they've been a life saver when breastfeeding so hopefully might help with latching issues/sore nipples etc. Also bought am electric pump reduced from £70 to £15.99 from the bounty app no idea if it's good yet but I couldn't resist a bargain. My boobs have starting leaking colostrum now another lovely pregnancy symptom!
    Oh and I've had a bloody nose for a long time now, random nose bleeds and everytime a blow my nose theres blood. I'm on low does daily aspirin so that may explain it for me x
  • If bubs is still breech later on, I was recommended last time to have acupuncture! My next appt with the midwife is at 33 weeks so if she's still breech by then I'll book in and see if that makes a difference! 

I'm hoping to get my bag packed this week - I think I have everything I need by now. Hasn't stopped me from shopping around though 🙃

I've finished up work now! Tomorrow is meant to be my last official day but I'm so sick my boss said don't bother. She wants me to duck in for the morning tea they are throwing me but then go home. It's a bit of a bittersweet way to end the year, but I know I need the rest. 

Does anyone else have pets who are starting to get super protective/affectionate? We have 2 cats and one of them has been super clingy the last week or so. Whenever I sit on the couch he's immediately up on my lap snuggling into my belly, and follows me around the house! He's normally very chill and independent so it's definitely a change in behaviour 
  • Hi ladies it's lovely hearing how yous are all progressing. I'm definitely off to Primark this weekend to get some things for my hospital bag. I had a scare 2 days ago I was bleeding and contracting and even the doctor assumed I was in early labour but then the tests they did said I wasn't. I was sent home and told it must be an infection and low and behold the contractions stopped and so has the bleeding so have no clue what happened but it scared me so i need to pack the hospital bag just incase it happens again.
    I am suffering terrible with SPD it's my baby was breech until yesterday I'm feeling all the kicks at the top of my belly which is so strange as I'm used to feeling them down below. I'm seeing the consultant on 18th December to get my c section date but there was talk of it being on 16th January eeeek I'm so excited xxxx

• Oh how scary @#Jules# glad everything has calmed down for you will defo be worth having a hospital bag ready 

I've been to primark think I have everything now as it was a bit like supermarket sweep with a nearly 2 year old refusing to sit in the pushchair 🙄 

I've brought a tub of milk yesterday aswell I may get one more before she born but not to many as my last ended up on the reflux milk so know they can need changed I've got 3 of the ready made boxes for hospital haven't a clue how many we will need going to take two in with me then if need more partner can bring them 

Had a call if the health visitor yesterday which I missed so will need to ring her back she wants to come out and introduce herself xx

• Hi everyone, if you have a toddler already, we’re giving away a brand new LeapFrog Count Along Till, (as in pic below). If you’d like to be in with the chance of winning it, find the thread on Latest Discussions, and just post a reply on that thread saying who you would give it too. That’s it! 
  • Aww I’m glad everything is okay @#Jules# , it’s so frightening at this stage as we just need them to cook for a little while longer!  My pregnancy pillow has arrived so going to test it out tonight, hubby has commented on how big it looks 😂 
    Day off for me today so a little trip to Asda living...no doubt to buy more of god knows what and meeting a friend for a Christmas cuppa in Costa 🎄 xx 
  • Had my consultant appointment today decided on a repeat c section got my date for the 7th of January so glad to have a date and everything in place feel I can be more organized unless I go into labour earlier ha xx
  • Awh Rainbow that’s the day after my due date. Glad you’re happy with the decision and that you can relax a bit now. Get those feet up and rest til then! The countdown is on!! X
  • On another note, has anyone else started suffering with restless leg syndrome? Didn’t have a bit of it last time round but it’s awful, my legs from the knees down feel horrible at night, like that split second before you get pins and needles! Poor husband was rubbing my legs at 1am this morning because I couldn’t sleep a wink and was so uncomfortable!! Oh the joys of 3rd trimester eh? X
  • Hey all new to group.. just bit about me im 30 weeks pregnant with my third child.. ive a little boy who 3 and girl will turn 2 in Jan. Had a missed  miscarriage at start of year. Im due for the 29th of jan with a little girl.ith  hope all you ladies doing well :) how are you?? 
    Im very nervous this time.. im really sore and every time I say anything people tell me I've to go hospital.. next appointment is 2 weeks away. 
    Xxx
  • Thanks ninjabunni little worried about the recovery with a two year old and a boystrious one at that ha 

Restless legs yes I've started getting them bad its horrible I'm constantly moving around we have tiled kitchen floor thats freezing I usually go and walk around on them that helps mines more my feet I've had it a few times through pregnancy how nice of your husband mine would of said go downstairs and walk around 😂 xx
  • Hi @Crazykmom good to have you with us ☺️.
    Yes to the restless legs! In the evening I’ll be sat down for 10 minutes before I start wriggling! Also wake up after a couple of hours most nights and end up watching tv until 4 or so, so only
    getting about 3/4 hours sleep a night. Roll on maternity leave in 5 weeks! 
  • Thanks haven't suffered restless legs but have groin bum and back pain.. my partner​ want to ring ambulance for me for how uncomfortable I got.. bit just sat on exercise ball for a bit and was good again. Any feel like there going to go into labour soon. Keep having dreams I've baby early at home :( 
    Finding hard with agreeing on a baby name and my family odd I won't tell them my top choices as they have put me off so many names.  
  • Hi Crazykmom 🙂

Rainbow he didn’t have a choice, I was moaning and fidgeting for hours think it was the lesser of 2 evils!

Ger I’m with you. Counting the days til 20th Dec when I finish! Can’t come soon enough x
  • Oh CrazyK I feel your pain. We finally decided on a boy’s name this week but it has been driving me to distraction! 
  • Hi @Crazykmom

Did you go early with any of your other children? I wonder if they could refer you to physio with the amount of pelvic pain your suffering =( hope it gets sorted.
    I'm 30 weeks due on the 26th having quite a lot of tightening these past few days.

No restless legs but just plain uncomfortable at night seem to wake up at 3 and doze off right before my alarm 🤦‍♀️ struggling with staying awake in the day now and feel so guilty for my 2 yr old 
  • Some times I wish I was at work... Been out of work since I was 21 weeks pregnant on my second due to pregnancy problems and haven't gone back.. im like not stop here with my two. 
    Someone mentioned pets getting protective.. don't have pets but my son is super protective and cuddling and kissing bum for last few days.. 
    Daughter keeps hitting me she doesn't want to share me 😂
  • @MUM2TB
    Sorry I went 10 days early on my girl and was induce 2 days early on my son. Was told don't to wait if I go into labour I they are very quick.  If still sore will mention at next appointment. 
    I feel your guilt.. im not sleeping and then barley able to do anything but with active kids im trying my best to keep going. But talking to other moms and they say once baby here you'll have less guilt and more time with other kids a new born will nap lots. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions