Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Welcome @Crazykmom and so glad to see you on this thread. 
    How are you guys doing Christmas this year? Are any of you having to host? Hard enough hosting when not pregnant! 
  • Well 34 weeks in and baby is head down and spine out!! So pleased. Getting bigger so predicted birth weight at 40 weeks is 9lbs 2!!! 
    Anyone got any remedies for lower  pelvic muscle pain and the stabbing in the hoo hah? Or am I just riding it out for 6 weeks or so? Hope you’re all healthy and happy ladies x

• Welcome @Crazykmom

Pleased babys turned @Ninjabunni and looking at being a good weight too did a scan confirm head down my last midwife appointment she said baby was head down and sent me for a scan that day and they said she was actually still breech hope they dont get it wrong if I go into labour 

I have no idea what can help with that but I have also being getting the stabbing sharp pain in the hoo hah not very pleasant at all 
    I'm actually feeling so uncomfortable lately I struggle to get off the sofa and also keep getting alot of tightening in my tummy and some back pain I'm hoping it's just braxton hics but it has me worried I'm at the midwife tomorrow so will mention it probably just normal my worst fear at the moment is going into labour Christmas eve or through the night and missing Christmas with the kids I keep trying to push it out my mind or I think I'll end up making it happen 😂 xx
  • Oh Rainbow I’m the same. I’ve made my mum promise that we’ll have another Christmas dinner with everyone if I have to go in early!! 
    Yeah I had a growth scan on Monday and it confirmed the position. They’re now not discussing sections anymore and I’m to go back for a final growth scan on 23rd Dec to decide on induction or not but otherwise I’m just waiting on nature and counting down the days til I finish work!!
  • Yes I said to the kids will you wait till mammys home to open your presents of course it was a very big no and dad can just video it for you 😂 

How do you feel about doing it naturally theres upside and downsides to both I suspose I think if I go into labour before my section date I will have to do it naturally they said labour before 39 weeks they prefer you to do natural as better for baby xx
  • I don’t really know to be honest. I just kind of assumed that I would have to have another section so didn’t really think much about it. I did do the active birth workshop at my hospital and that was useful in that I know now that they do have the facilities for me to use the water bath etc even though I’ll need constantly monitored which is what scared me before. I’m a fidgeter when I’m stressed or sore and the idea of being tied to a bed via a monitor was no good. Think I’m just going to go with what they recommend initially and I can always talk to my consultant if it’s going on too long or is showing signs of needing other interventions. X
  • Hi everyone, can’t believe we are literally on countdown now 😬❤️
    I’ve been at midwifes today...I have anaemia & have lost a little weight so I’m back at hospital Friday for a scan.  Baby is now head down but I’m just under 32 weeks so need him to cook a little longer! 
    I’m hoping for a natural birth like my first (16 years ago 😳) but as long as baby gets here safe I don’t mind. Xx 
  • That was the same as me @ninjabunni I thought cuz my last under 2 years ago was section thats what it would be then when I went and she said no I think you can have a vbac I started to freak abit as I wasnt expecting that but this last time I seen another consultant and he just booked me in thought I might of had a fight on my hands for it I've got to go back and see them on the 19th of December I hope it's not the first one I seen she will probably cancel my c section date 😂 
    Water birth would be lovely I've never actually had one but ive seen them on tv and they look so much more relaxed and less medical than like you said being stuck on a bed with the monitor on and yes see how you go I looked into it online and different sites say different things some was saying if you've had previous c section they dont like you to go over your due date others was saying they wont induce you i think it's down to your consultant and what they feel comfortable with 

@Long35 yayyy we are finally on the countdown hoping the last few weeks fly over 

Will be lovely to see baby again on Friday for now I have no more scan but I'm very pleased I got one the other week glad babys head down now I'm looking forward to hearing if mine is tomorrow as I dont have a clue I feel movement up high and down low xx
  • @Rainbowsunshine I also liked the idea of a water birth, they look much more relaxing but hubby’s face didn’t say the same haha. I’m hoping to just have a straight forward birth, I just want to get to 36 weeks now as they were talking of giving me steroid injections to strengthen his lungs incase he comes early 😢 
    I’ve taken this week off work to focus on baby, midwife / hospital appointments etc. Grateful I work for NHS so I’m on full pay and work are been really supportive.
    I can’t say I felt him turn either so will be interesting to see if scan confirms it on Friday & of course to see baby again 💙 xx  
  • Long I was sure my wee man was still breech cause I didn’t feel him turn either but he’s just where he needs to be! 
    I’m undecided about the water. Think I’ll either love or hate it but I like the idea of it being an option anyway! Let us know how everything goes on Friday x
  • It's nice to read other people comments and taught as pregancy goes on. Your such strong amazing woman hope all goes well for us. 
    I've 9 weeks to go and really scared baby is breeched for some reason and worried about getting a section had 2 natural births so far.. Next scan is 11ths I will be 32 weeks last scan was 21 weeks so can't wait to see her again. Is there away of telling if breeched without scan??? 

Stabbing pain down there I find sitting on exercise ball.. or hot water bottle and also rolling up towels under butt checks gap in middle help at times. 

Here one. Any thing ye miss doing that you can't wait to do after pregnancy? 

• Hi ladies. 
    I'm also just under 32 weeks and seen my midwife today. I have anemia and the stabbing pains down there are very painful at times. My midwife wants me to have vbac but I've had 2 previous sections so I'm a bit scared really. She said its my choice. There's a 1.9 % of rupture which could kill the baby. Oh I just don't think the risk is worth it at all. I know it's low but my anxiety will get the better of me. I think I'm just going to tell her no and stick with my section.
    I've packed my hospital bag for the baby just my bits to get now. I'm very excited. All her nursery is finished.  Not long now ladies 😊😊😊😊 xxxx
  • I've got my next midwife appointment next Thursday, hoping she'll be able to tell if baby has turned (I've been feeling a LOT of movement the last couple of days so I feel like she's on the move!)

I've also had a lot of pressure in my pelvic area, she likes to kick me in the bladder which has been fun. I did have a massage today though which was really nice! 

I love the idea of a water birth but our hospital doesn't offer them 😔 I'm hoping for another straight forward vaginal birth, however I am really open to whatever happens as long as we both come out healthy! 

Can't believe it's almost December, and thus potential baby month for some of us (if they come early!) 😱
  • Hi ladies

I would love a water birth aswell but not sure they will offer me one as I'm considered high risk with having preeclampsia the first time round. But I really dont want to be strapped to the bed again with an induction so will see how this pregnancy progresses and of all is fine I shouldn't see no reason not to have intermittent monitoring.

I've got a growth scan this afternoon baby was head down last time I didnt feel the turn either but I'm pretty sure baby has turned breech again because all of a sudden I'm only feeling kicks in my pelvis. Hope not! 🤞
  • Hi everyone,
    I’ve just had another midwife appointment (at 33+2) and baby is 2/5ths engaged! No wonder I was up to wee 8 times last night 😂. I was meant to be working right up until my induction in 5 weeks although have a feeling this little man is going to come early. Is anyone else partially or fully engaged? 
  • Ooh interesting geri maybe you will go early.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the rd to induction feels like im stopping at every possible hurdle. So baby has now a significant reduction in growth so no longer in the 95th centile but just above the 50th so now have to have twice weekly ctg monitoring and another growth scan in 2 weeks. Just seems so ridiculous because it wasnt long ago I was having a gtt test. Consultant didnt really fill me with much joy just hope things are ok and baby just had a growth spurt that week not sure how it works but now I've got this to worry about for a couple of weeks now xx
  • @Crazykmom I can’t wait to have a glass of wine! 🍷 lol. And be able to move around a little easier, I’m finding getting out of bed, in/out the car a little more testing as I’m growing so will be nice not to have that battle! 

@#Jules# my midwife told me yesterday I’m anemic so just waiting on a prescription from GP for iron tablets.  A little annoyed when I think about it as my bloods were taken 3 weeks ago so I don’t see why they couldn’t have rang me before so I could have got started on the tablets as I know it can affect baby too if my iron is low. 

Midwifes / hospital have been great so far but I’m sure I didn’t have all this worry 16-17 years ago when I had my daughter. We’re all nearly there though, just need our little ones to stay put that little longer ❤️ Xx 
  • Same @Long35 a nice glass of rose will be lovely defo having one in the house ready near the time 😂

I've had my midwife appointment today 33 weeks 3 days shes still breech at the moment she said any signs of labour to ring straight up does worry me abit as with my 4th my labour was very quick ended up getting an ambulance and she was born 15 mins after getting to hospital 😱 mentioned the tight feeling in my stomach and back pain so shes sent my urine off said sometimes can be a sign of infection and I had abit of protein in my wee but my blood pressures fine xx
  • Wee bit worrying but I’m sure you’ll get any care you need.
    uve had a wake up call today about slowing down ... I wear an Apple Watch and it reported a few times that my heart rate was 140+!!! I’m loaded with a chesty cold but it stressed me right out. Spoke to hospital and they advised to rest so I’m off work tomorrow but need to think about finishing early for maternity leave... I’m supposed to work til 20th Dec which is my 38 week mark. Might have to finish earlier than I thought x
  • Oh what I wouldn’t do for a glass of rose 🤤 might just have a small glass at Christmas with a little bit of lemonade, surely can’t do no harm but I’ll see.
    Yes I agree, we all need to slow down and rest. I was due to go off at 38 weeks but brought it forward to 36 weeks so I’ll finish Christmas week. I want to put my feet up, do last minute touches at home, double check hospital bag etc and general nesting! 
    Midwife told me yesterday baby is head down now but I’m still just under 32 weeks so need him to stay put a little longer 💙 xx 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions