Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2022

Replies

• Options
    Good morning! How’s everyone doing with symptoms? I’m finding this time so much different than with my first. Basically unless I’m constantly eating I feel sick!! So right now I’m super bloated! Feeling so pregnant and I’m only 9/10 weeks 😂😂😂😂
    I’m finding it difficult as I have next to no symptoms so keep worrying 
    I have a bit of sore boobs and bloat when I eat
    and at the end of last week I had a tiny bit of pink spotting so that really worried me but it stopped straight after (so strange)

but I have my booking appointment and my 12week scan on Wednesday so at least I can finally talk to a midwife 

hopefully your sickness passes soon 🤞🏻
    Xx
  • Options
    @Thirdbabymaybe We’ve got all our fingers and toes crossed for you. So lovely as well to see them parading about and showing off when we’re scanned. 

@ARoseatdawn glad midwife is right around the corner. No intense cramping or anything right? It’s so eerie not to have any other symptoms though isn’t it? Are you getting any of the good stuff like the lush hair, strong nails, nice skin? 

Ive attached a photo of our scan for the other week if it helps at all. Baby at 11+2 
  • Options
    ARoseatdawnARoseatdawn Regular
    edited Jun 28, 2021 8:57PM
    DaniFeb20 said:
    @Thirdbabymaybe We’ve got all our fingers and toes crossed for you. So lovely as well to see them parading about and showing off when we’re scanned. 

@ARoseatdawn glad midwife is right around the corner. No intense cramping or anything right? It’s so eerie not to have any other symptoms though isn’t it? Are you getting any of the good stuff like the lush hair, strong nails, nice skin? 

Ive attached a photo of our scan for the other week if it helps at all. Baby at 11+2 
    No no cramping just little twinges which I’m sure is normal!
    my hair looks nice
    no idea about nails I’m a beauty therapist so Iv constantly got builder gel on them 
    and masks are making my chin spotty as I have it on all day every day 

but life goes on doesn’t it 
    was that you ‘12 week scan’?
  • Options
    I deffo dont have lush skin, its grim and my hairdresser didnt mention anything about my hair so going with no nice things for me 🤣
    I am so so so so sensitive to smells right now its unreal, some wet shoes nearly made me puke the other day. Gag reflex is through the roof can hardly brush my teeth 🤣
    My 12 week scan is next week, looking forward to thag! Managed to hear the heartbeat on my home doppler since saturday too so that has reasurred me too 😊
  • Options
    @ARoseatdawn take the hair as a sign. Fingers crossed for you. Although when I wasn’t getting symptoms at first I just felt like I needed to keep taking tests to confirm but I wouldn’t recommend as I got too caught up in that aha. One of my friends only had those kinds of positive things— hair went so soft and shiny and skin was immaculate. 9 months later she had a whopping 11lb baby boy. 

@TinaMH, my skin goes the opposite direction but also really sick so maybe there’s a connection there? My nails however are loving pregnancy after getting so brittle postpartum with first. 

Or anyone getting the joys of insomnia or weird dreams? 
  • Options
    Hope everyone is doing okay this last few days 💜.. I know some scans coming up this week— can’t wait to hear about them!
  • Options
    DaniFeb20 said:
    Hope everyone is doing okay this last few days 💜.. I know some scans coming up this week— can’t wait to hear about them!
    I’m good all my worry was for nothing I had my 12 week scan on wed and they dated me at 12+6 (4 days ahead to what we thought)
    now due 6th jan 
    have you had your scan?
  • Options
    @ARoseatdawn what a relief to go forward time wise. My scan set me back 1 week and a day but we had that back on 14 June. Private gender scan booked for 22 July when I’ll be 16+4. So excited! Feeling really girly (ie just sick. All the time.) 

Is everyone managing the anxieties of the time? With covid numbers rising, can be difficult to decide if everything is “safe”. Can also be increasingly isolating to be pregnant and have the extra stress of a baby during a pandemic. 
  • Options
    @ARoseatdawn so glad your scan went well.

I have another scan Thursday as I was only 11 weeks at my last so too early for screening, so excited again to see the baby.

I think I’ve not stopped worrying still I just panic whilst waiting for the scan incase anything is wrong as I don’t have a proper bump yet and sometimes wake up feeling I’m not as bloated so panic 🙈 I’ve booked my gender scan for 31st July so excited, I’m also feeling girly @DaniFeb20 ☺️

has anyone got a bump yet? 
  • Options
    H27B said:
    @ARoseatdawn so glad your scan went well.

I have another scan Thursday as I was only 11 weeks at my last so too early for screening, so excited again to see the baby.

I think I’ve not stopped worrying still I just panic whilst waiting for the scan incase anything is wrong as I don’t have a proper bump yet and sometimes wake up feeling I’m not as bloated so panic 🙈 I’ve booked my gender scan for 31st July so excited, I’m also feeling girly @DaniFeb20 ☺️

has anyone got a bump yet? 
    I have a little bump that gets more bloated as the day goes on. I can’t wear my normal leggings anymore 🙄
    I have days aswell were my tummy is more flat so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about!
  • Options
    @H27B leading up to my 12 week scan I was like that too. I just had a colleague lose one at 11 weeks so it’s all been very nail biting. I’m so glad that I am as sick as I am as it’s just reassuring. I do have a bit of a bump starting though and increasingly moving to more mat stuff as chest is filling out so much too. I was showing at 14 weeks with first and knew I’d show early with second (but only from the front aha— I carry all in front). Photo is from a week and a bit ago at 13+3:

• Options
    Hi ladies just catching up… so glad everyone scans have been brilliant news and everyone’s blossoming :) 
    what a lovely wee bump and lovely scan pics :) 
    ive got a bump coming now I’m struggling to hide but we had our 12 weeks scan today and all was well so going to start telling family and friends. Looking forward to sharing our journeys ladies xx
  • Options
    Ahh @DaniFeb20 what a lovely bump!!

glad everyone’s doing well and getting their scans out the way so they can relax a little more! I’ve started buying a few bits now to tick things off the list slowly rather than leave it till last minute so I feel so excited now. Feels along way away though! 
  • Options
    Yes my scan is tomorrow then I can a start making baby clothes! So excited. I have a little handmade clothing business but didn't start it until my son was around 2 so will be nice to have some handmade bits for the baby! 
    Also no bumb for me but I was looking at my pics from last time and I didnt start showing until around 16 weeks last time, but usually earlier second time round right so probably sooner. Hate the has she put on weight or is she pregnant phase though haha 🤣
  • Options
    @TinaMH ahh that’s lovely that you can make some lovely bits for the baby, so personal! I also hate that phase, this is my first so no idea when I will show but I really hope it’s soon as I have a few things arranged for the next few weekends and would love to look like I have a bump rather than that I’ve eaten a massive dinner 😂 
  • Options
    @TinaMH how lovely that you have a little business! Is it something we can support? If so, please link :)

@H27B how exciting that this is your first. I remember I had spreadsheets rolled out with to purchase items from week 12. This time around I’m just popping baby in bedside cot in hand me downs and will maybe by some new things around 6 months age aha. Just need a car seat. Which things have you started picking up? If you want the experience of putting the room together, get furniture now, otherwise do a me and order in for around week 30 when you start to struggle and can’t lift weight etc and watch everyone else. I’m not lazy, course not. Nor taking advantage.. much ;)

@Thirdbabymaybe glad to hear scan went well! Hope things continue to progress for you
  • Options
    Forgot to say had my dating scan and all went well! 

Still due 14th Jan!
    My business is called Tiny Tiger Threads, any follows on instagram @tinytigerthreads are much appreciated!

Spent the day at legoland and now I am shattered, hope everyone is well!?
  • Options
    @DaniFeb20 I have definitely already started on furniture haha! I have bought a changing station and wardrobe upto now and then bottles as they were on offer and some little neutral bits from Matalan 🥰

@tinamh gorgeous scan I had another yesterday and I’m also estimated as the 14th jan now, so 1 day behind where I thought but they aren’t concerned by it. 

Next scan is 31st July to find out what we’re having 😬 can’t wait!!

hope everyone is doing well xx
  • Options
    @TinaMH following now on Instagram :) and oh my goodness Toby is so full of character! But I’m sure some of that is the amazing clothes. How crazy was Legoland? We’re thinking of going at some point but we’re so skittish of the parks at the moment. How did you have the energy to keep up in a place like that as well, haha. Super impressive

@H27B aw sounds lovely. Do you have a nursery theme? You probably already know this but careful with what bottles you purchase in that you don’t buy too many until you know what little one likes. We had 5 different ones available and Evie only liked one which luckily was the one we had the most of but we didn’t realise they could be so picky! And dummy brands were the same. She will only take certain MAM ones. And oo so close to gender scan! So exciting!

I think my sickness is finally started to slightly ease. I’ve only been sick once today and only dry heaved yesterday so fingers crossed. But now I’ve got my boobs already producing colostrum. I thought I had a while yet before that happened but here we go! 
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! 

We had a scan last week at 11 weeks and we did the harmony test so just waiting to find out the gender! We will know any day now!
    because I’m on holidays all my appointments are a bit messed up so I guess I will do my 12 week scan and 13. Deffo symptoms have improved and I feel much better.