Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2022

Replies

• Oo @adunkleyce any predictions on the gender? Is that like the sneak peak? Where you do a mini blood test? Always been curious how accurate they are so will be fun to hear how yours goes!

• Thought I already post this but apparently not....

@DaniFeb20 it was alot busier than I expected, it was as if it was the summer holidays the amount of school aged kids there was crazy! Maybe try later in the year october or something? 
    Loads of people dont bother me in regards to the covid thing as I have to go on the tube a few times a week.
    Good about the colostrum though at least you know it will come in!
    Thanks for the follow xx
  • Oh also I did the sneak peek test but it was such a disaster when I did it I 100% contaminated my sample so can't trust the results atall, and I work with samples all the time at work so its ridiculous I contaminated it loooool.
    It said boy but basically I have no idea. At least if its wrong I get my money back hehe
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    Oo @adunkleyce any predictions on the gender? Is that like the sneak peak? Where you do a mini blood test? Always been curious how accurate they are so will be fun to hear how yours goes!

Yes it’s q blood test that you do at the clinic or hospital. This test is 99% accurate. It tells you if there’s any anomaly and also the gender. So instead of doing the combined screening from the NHS we do this one. It gives you a very accurate result so more reassurance for me. 
  • Hi ladies how are we all doing? Gender scans must be coming up for those that choose to find out :) we had a harmony test done last week should get results by Monday. I’m currently on holiday in Majorca with my family wasn’t sure how it would be with covid and all the restrictions but it’s actually fine however the airport was a bit surreal. I have a ridiculously big bump for 15 weeks I look about 6 months preg! Is anyone else the same? I’m putting it down to being number three everything has been stretched before 🙈 
  • Hi ladies how are we all doing? Gender scans must be coming up for those that choose to find out :) we had a harmony test done last week should get results by Monday. I’m currently on holiday in Majorca with my family wasn’t sure how it would be with covid and all the restrictions but it’s actually fine however the airport was a bit surreal. I have a ridiculously big bump for 15 weeks I look about 6 months preg! Is anyone else the same? I’m putting it down to being number three everything has been stretched before 🙈 
    I’m fine thanks hope you are too! I have my gender scan on the 31st I can’t wait. Ahh how exciting that you should know by Monday that will be the first of the group that we know 🥰! 

My bump is definitely getting there now, I’ll be 15 weeks tomorrow. Lovely that you are having a nice little break away enjoy it I’m very jealous! 

Hope you are all doing well ☺️ X
  • H27B said:
    Hi ladies how are we all doing? Gender scans must be coming up for those that choose to find out :) we had a harmony test done last week should get results by Monday. I’m currently on holiday in Majorca with my family wasn’t sure how it would be with covid and all the restrictions but it’s actually fine however the airport was a bit surreal. I have a ridiculously big bump for 15 weeks I look about 6 months preg! Is anyone else the same? I’m putting it down to being number three everything has been stretched before 🙈 
    I’m fine thanks hope you are too! I have my gender scan on the 31st I can’t wait. Ahh how exciting that you should know by Monday that will be the first of the group that we know 🥰! 

My bump is definitely getting there now, I’ll be 15 weeks tomorrow. Lovely that you are having a nice little break away enjoy it I’m very jealous! 

Hope you are all doing well ☺️ X
    We had a private gender scan last wed so found out at the weekend we’re expecting a baby girl 🎀
    we’re absolutely over the moon!
  • @ARoseatdawn Awww that’s such gorgeous news!! Congratulations on your baby girl x
  • @H27B awww glad your keeping well lovely. How exciting you find out next week!! 

We had the results of our harmony last night we are having a boy!! I’m so shocked as we have two girls already.. was so sure it was another girl! 

@ARoseatdawn massive congrats on your baby girl what lovely news :) xx
  • @H27B awww glad your keeping well lovely. How exciting you find out next week!! 

We had the results of our harmony last night we are having a boy!! I’m so shocked as we have two girls already.. was so sure it was another girl! 

@ARoseatdawn massive congrats on your baby girl what lovely news :) xx
    Congratulations to you too it will be nice for you to have a little change 
    xx
  • @Thirdbabymaybe ahh amazing news congratulations on your little boy! So exciting that you can start buying lots of baby boy things now x
  • Thank you :) I don’t think there’s as many ladies active in the chat at the moment. Everyone’s in their little baby bubble :) hope everyone’s keeping safe and enjoying this precious time xx
  • Hi! 
    I'm not new to the page but this group as I'm 14 weeks and 2 days! I'm due January 24th!

I think it's weird how my pregnancy came about, last year in 2020 of may I had a chemical and this year in May I found out I was pregnant! Around 8 weeks got my first transvaginal ultrasound and I have another appointment on the 9th, and then the 30th ish around there I find out the gender! I've been told just by the heart beat it's a girl! But I'm not sure how true going by heartbeats really are, so I try not to! 

Thank you! 
  • @Thirdbabymaybe I know there’s not too many active but yes hopefully everyone is just enjoying their pregnancies and it’s all going well.

@Jaydenl42 welcome and congratulations. Oh wow I've never heard of finding out the gender through the heartbeat, will be interesting to see if that’s correct when you get the scan. Is it Friday you find out?

• Hope everyone's doing well!!!
    Wondering if anyone has been using a doppler at home to check for heartbeat?
  • Yes I have an angel something or other doppler, I just like listening. Could hear since 11 weeks this time and my Son loves listening to it too which is so cute 
  • @TinaMH how often do you use it in a week? And when you do hear the heartbeat, how long do u listen to it for?
    I got one as well, it just took me a long time about 20 mins to find the heartbeat first time
  • Oh right erm I just listen when I feel like it or when my Son asks to listen, not loads, maybe once a week for a few minutes. Now you have found it once you will probably find it easier in the future as you know the area it will likely be in
  • @H27B

Yeah they usually say any heartbeat that's above 160 BPM is a girl and anything below 140 BPM is a boy! But they aren't always correct lol 
    And thank you!
  • Jaydenl42 said:
    @H27B

Yeah they usually say any heartbeat that's above 160 BPM is a girl and anything below 140 BPM is a boy! But they aren't always correct lol 
    And thank you!
    I actually had my 16 week midwife appointment today and we listened to the heartbeat and it was 160bpm, I find out what I’m having on Saturday so will be interesting to see if it’s right :)