Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2022

Replies

• Has everyone had their 20 weeks scans already? Anyone has to go back to check again?
    I have had mine yes, I don’t need to go back no, but I have seen a few people who have had to as the baby wouldn’t move to a certain position to check things. 

How is everyone? Anyone feeling more movements now? 

• Has everyone had their 20 weeks scans already? Anyone has to go back to check again?
    Yes, I had mine I have to got back on Thursday she breech, so they could get a good heart photo. 
  • Hi everyone nice to hear everyone’s doing well :) I’m 23 weeks now and feeling baby boy kicking all the time now :) can actually see my tummy on the outside moving now too!! I’ve gained quite a lot of weight 🙈 I started at 8 1/2 stone and I am 10 stone already. I was the same with my girls and gained 4 stone each time.. really didn’t want to gain as much this time as a lot older but it’s looking like I’m going down same route. Healthy baby obv most important but it will be harder to loose third time round and my age. How is everyone? What has everyone been buying? Xx
  • @Thirdbabymaybe ahh lovely once you start feeling movements isn’t it! I’m 23+4 today. Don’t be worrying about weight gain as you say a healthy baby is the main priority. 

I have bought pretty much most of my stuff to be honest I just need a cot/Moses basket for downstairs. His room is in progress as well, have you got any names yet? 
  • @H27B u sound like me :) I’m pretty organised too. Nursery is finished and order travel system etc don’t collect till Dec, and bought a snuzpod4 yesterday had my eye on it for wee while. 
    What are u thinking feeding wise?
    we have a few names but with this wee one being our third it’s really tricky… what about U guys? Xx
  • @Thirdbabymaybe ahh amazing it’s good to be organised especially with us being over christmas it’s just nice to know that’s one less stress. I’m thinking I will try to breast feed but I would like to express so I get help but I’m not pressuring myself so also going to get some formula thinking hipp or kendamil at the minute, what about you? We have a list of names at the minute but only one we agree on currently so just going to see when he’s born I think what he looks like and what feels right. Reluctant to tell any friends and family as I just don’t want any opinions on names I’d rather not be influenced by anything! Xx
  • @H27B totally agree and with us having big girls and Santa etc I just don’t want to be panicking and really just enjoy December and relax. 
    I’m hoping to breast feed but again will also be buying some of the Mam self sterilising bottles too as heard great things about them. 
    Oh def keep your names close to chest, we had a boy name and was always our boy name and I stupidly told my hairdresser and low and behold over the summer she’s called her baby boy our name 😑🤔 xxx
  • @Thirdbabymaybe I’ve bought mam bottles too I see so many good things! If you do formula feed do you make up as you go along or use flasks? 

Oh no that is so annoying, worth keeping to yourself 100% ☺️ We love the name Roman at the minute but are going to see once he’s born how it feels! 

Has anyone given mat leave dates into work yet? I am counting down the days I have a stressful period coming up so it’s getting me through! X
  • @H27B sorry my notification went into junk for some reason!!!! 

When we used formula in the past we sterilised enough bottles for 12 hours or so at a time and boiled our water had that in the bottles then had little milk powder pots made up with the right amount of powder so it was really quick to make a bottle and we had a bottle warmer but could quite as easily use a jug with boiling water we just found the bottle warmer at the side of our bed etc was fab for night feeds and meant we didn’t need to be running up and down the stairs. Anything for convenience let’s be honest :) 

Yeah I put mine in for beginning of dec as I work in education howwwwweeeever COVID numbers are wild at work and tbh I now think Nov is much more likely. What are you thinking? Xxx

• @Thirdbabymaybe ahh that’s a good idea I’m thinking of doing something similar maybe using a flask for boiled and a flask for cool boiled and making them that way! 

Oh no I don’t blame you if you work in education, will they not make you work from home from 28 weeks in schools anymore??

I have put mine in for December 22nd but taking holidays so official mat leave is starting 10th Jan and I’m due the 14th so still a nice time off before hand. I just wanted to have as much time off with him as possible really but I would love to finish earlier this week has been super stressful as well! 

Counting down the days! 
  • Hi ladies how is everyone?
    has anyone had growth scans or anything recently? I was involved in an incident at work last week which resulted in me being hurt in the back, my midwife arranged same day for growth scan to check baby wasn’t hurt and at 25.5 weeks baby is a whopping 2.65lb! And measuring at 28.5 weeks… I now need to have a gestational diabetes test. She said it’s very unlikely as im a small person normally and likely just big baby.. im really shocked as
    my girls were really small. 
    Has anyone been buying more bits they would share that they think look good? Xx
  • Oh no I hope everything was okay @Thirdbabymaybe wow can’t believe baby is measuring so much further ahead! I’ve not had any growth scans but I have a midwife appointment next Thursday so I’ll see what they say then as they will measure my bump then I think, I still feel fairly small but sometimes overnight I notice I’ve gotten bigger 😂! 

I’m going to buy the chicco 4in1 crib I think for downstairs it’s not the prettiest looking thing but it is on wheels which is ideal to move to other rooms and it turns into a chair and high chair etc so looks quite good! Have you? 
  • Hi guys, looking to see if anyone has had a breeched baby before, and if you guys noticed them moving to position? I'm 29+3 today and I haven't had another ultrasound since my anatomy scan, I was told she's breeched and that they wouldn't worry until 36. I've just switched OB care to another office and still have to get the glucose test done, I have an appointment on the 23 to see my new OB maybe she will tell me more than I know. 
  • @Jaydenl42 oh deffo don't worry about that they can still move, mines rolling round in different positions all the time! I am having growth scans every 2 weeks and he is always in a completely different position, so deffo nothing to worry about at this stage
  • @Jaydenl42 my baby is breech at the moment I’m 32+1 really hoping she gets moving 
    😫
  • @Jaydenl42 I agree with the ladies don’t worry 1%. I’m found out I have GD this pregnancy and I am having scans once a fortnight as baby is measuring bigger than expected. I had a scan this week on Monday baby was breech and a big boy at 5.5lb for 32 weeks! Then Tuesday when I went back to see consultant she gave me a quick scan and in 24 hours he had flipped
    completely and was head down. Yesterday at the midwife I was breech again. I’m a small lady normally size 6/8 with a big boy in there and he’s still got plenty room to whirl about. I know easy to say but don’t worry. My first born was breech and was planned c section as she didn’t move but they didn’t book
    me in for section until 39.5 weeks as they said baby’s can turn literally up to the last minute
    xxx
  • How is everyone feeling? Is everyone finishing up work soon? I don’t know why but all of sudden things feel so real as stupid as sounds. I got email from the Scottish baby box team saying my box was dispatched and I just thought oh sh!t things are happening….
    does anyone feel like they might go before Jan? Xx
  • How is everyone feeling? Is everyone finishing up work soon? I don’t know why but all of sudden things feel so real as stupid as sounds. I got email from the Scottish baby box team saying my box was dispatched and I just thought oh sh!t things are happening….
    does anyone feel like they might go before Jan? Xx
    Hello! It seems now that it’s just around the corner! Thinking that my other one arrived at 37 weeks im literally so close and still haven’t packed and most of the things have not arrived yet 😅. Waiting for another scan to defiendes on a delivery plan but probably from next week I will start preparing the bag and everything. Now the new thing to be concern is if the hospitals will go into a new protocol for covid again…
  • I’m starting to feel
    super uncomfortable and tired, measuring 4lb6oz at 31 weeks.. I have a 34 week scan next week to check his growth, they have said I will most likely be induced early.. getting scared now !
  • @adunkleyce oh wow so there’s a chance u could be early again! 
    Awww I know I’ve been scared watching the news today…. Surely we won’t go all the way back the way :(
    @Lou_lou234 I hear ya!!!! Oh that’s a nice weight! We measured 32 weeks 5lb 6…. Over 100 percentile…. Goodness knows what weight if i go to 38-39 xxx