Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in January 2022

Replies

• Hi all! Thought I’d pop in and check how everyone is doing. I’ve still been mostly with the December group as though due 1 Jan, I’m likely to be induced sometime this month (find out on Thursday!). She was 5lbs and a bit at 32 weeks and I have another scan this week to see how she’s getting on due to such a high fundal growth. My fundal growth was 42 cm on Thursday (35+5) so they’ve decided to stop measuring that (not that there is much further to go on the chart...). No GD or anything.. just cooking a large baby aha. If she went full term, she’d be just shy of 10lbs based on her current growth pattern. How have people been managing the baby prep alongside holiday / Christmas planning? Also how are we feeling about covid? But just think NEXT month!! Where has the time gone?
  • Hi @DaniFeb20 wow how exciting that you could have your baby here soon! I actually can’t believe how fast it’s gone. I had a growth scan at 32 weeks and they estimated he is 3lb 10oz so hopefully will be an average weight when he’s born! 

I’m so panicky about going this side of Christmas, I’m 37 weeks on Christmas Eve. I need to just relax and trust whenever he decides to come it is because he is ready.

I haven’t even finished work yet though. Covid is worrying me and I haven’t had my two jabs but we’re so close I’m just hoping I can continue to keep safe! 

How are you feeling, are you prepared? 
  • My original due date was for Christmas Day so everyone has been unsure if they get gifts for one or two babies aha. But I’m sure your little one will keep cooking for you. I’m more worried about the post Christmas approach to covid. That’s usually when they’re like “shoot we should have done something but here we go”. Hospital has already cut back some of the visiting times for partners and only induction partner if in own room. Have you heard what yours is due to be like?

I still need to pack my stuff into my hospital bag but Neva’s stuff is all ready to go. 

Our childminder for our 21 month old though just got a positive lateral flow last night and Evie had been with her all day. We’ve got everything crossed that it stops there as my vulnerable in laws are due up next week to help watch her while we prepare for this one.
  • @DaniFeb20 oh wow hope it’s before Christmas for you that you get induced so you can home and settled with both your little ones. 

I haven’t heard anything but have my next appointment to discuss my birth plan next Wednesday so they should tell me then what’s going on. I think it’s currently still one birth partner though and they can be with you the whole time.

oh nooo Covid is not what you need to be exposed to at the minute either, fingers crossed it stays away for you!! 

• Hi ladies 
    Wow what a crazy few days 
    I thought would jump on and let you all know my little boy arrived almost 6 weeks early just after midnight yesterday emergency c section. 
    Very traumatic arrival tbh and so glad he’s here safe, thank lord for the NHS. 
    He’s in special baby care as his lungs aren’t matured but he’s in the best hands.
    He was 6lb 2oz which for 34+3 is really good!! 
    If it’s ok I’ll hang about here and also introduce myself in the Dec chat. 
    Wishing you all healthy last few weeks of pregnancy.
    Attached little pic of my boy Lucca :) 
  • Aw biggest congrats @Thirdbabymaybe! He looks lovely. How are you doing? Sorry to hear it was quite traumatic but glad he was a good weight and hopefully that picks things up for you! I’m booked for induction on Boxing Day but we will see if she cooperates. Currently 7 lb 13 oz measurement at 36+5
  • Congratulations @Thirdbabymaybe so glad he is here safe and doing well! Hope you are okay it sounds like it was really scary. Such a good weight for being so early. What a gorgeous name ! Hope he is home as soon as possible for you xx
  • Awww congratulations how lovely you get to meet him early, wishing you all the best ❤
  • How is everyone feeling? Has anyone experienced any symptoms of baby dropping yet? X
  • How is everyone feeling? Has anyone experienced any symptoms of baby dropping yet? X
    Apparently on the scan last week ours seem quite low but not engage yet! So I guess we will start soon all the exercises and stuff to encourage it 😂😂😂😂😂 I just want to hold on until first week of January. Mission for the day pack the hospital bag! With my first it was done from earlier than 30 weeks….
  • Lou_lou234Lou_lou234 Regular
    edited Dec 20, 2021 9:51AM
    @adunkleyce when is your due date? Hopefully not to much longer to go. I had a scan at 34 weeks and baby was measuring nearly 7lbs so I will be back next week at 37 weeks to check weight then booked for an induction I think so I will probably be first week in January too x
  • How exciting how close it’s getting for us all! Last appointment I had they said he was engaged but he can pop back in and out so be interesting to see if he’s stayed there! I do feel lower though and I keep going on the ball, but I hope to hold on until jan really, I only finish work tomorrow! Has anyone else finished for mat leave now? X
  • Yes I am finished work now. Getting lots of shooting pains in pelvis, how about you?
  • @Lou_lou234 I’ve been the same! Getting cramping on and off, today I’ve had none but yesterday I had so much I was thinking things were starting! It’s such an awkward stage of waiting for any sign isnt it! X
  • It sure is! Such an exciting time but also anxious waiting! You must let us know how things go :) x
  • how is how is everyone doing? We’re so close and now my toddler has tested positive for covid! 😒😒😒😒 I had it already in July but what are the odds!!! Now I feel worried for her, me, the baby…
  • Oh no! Your toddler will likely be absolutely fine so try not to worry about them. I had covid a couple of weeks ago and had it pretty shitty but I am OK now and didn't seem to affect the baby or anything as I have had scans since. I was stressed about having it when going into labour as didnt want to be on the covid ward but we are all clear now. Hopefully it misses you out!
    I have been having so many cramps/shooting pains etc. I was so uncomfortable xmas day with so many pains etc I actually thought the baby might be coming and ended up crying but I think it was just pregnancy pains, maybe the baby engaging and then throw in a bit of trapped wind haha! I am not loving these fanny daggers!
    37+4 today and I had my first qt 38+4 so I am starting to panic now lol!
  • TinaMH said:
    Oh no! Your toddler will likely be absolutely fine so try not to worry about them. I had covid a couple of weeks ago and had it pretty shitty but I am OK now and didn't seem to affect the baby or anything as I have had scans since. I was stressed about having it when going into labour as didnt want to be on the covid ward but we are all clear now. Hopefully it misses you out!
    I have been having so many cramps/shooting pains etc. I was so uncomfortable xmas day with so many pains etc I actually thought the baby might be coming and ended up crying but I think it was just pregnancy pains, maybe the baby engaging and then throw in a bit of trapped wind haha! I am not loving these fanny daggers!
    37+4 today and I had my first qt 38+4 so I am starting to panic now lol!
    Oh yeah! She’s absolutely fine. She had temperature two days ago and since then she’s been fine. We had covid in July and so far we are still negative. So hopefully I’ll stay like this. Not sure what the protocol is if you are planning to deliver privately and you are positive. 🤷‍♀️ Mine was born at 37+4 so from next week we expect this one at any time! 
  • Hi ladies how are you all? I’ve been thinking about you all and how you must all be counting the days now!! Little Lucca is 3 weeks old now and getting stronger everyday :) xx
  • @Thirdbabymaybe Aww so glad to hear Lucca is doing well! Still no signs for me, I’m due next Friday so still time for him to make an appearance before his due date! Fingers crossed he does as I’m so uncomfortable now! How is everyone else doing?