Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Getcha dusters ready ladies :0) July 15

Let's see if we can get rid of some of these cobwebs that's gathered here! Who's up for some virtual dusting? 

Replies

• Options

what are you talking about?

• Options

Welcome kelzntatz! Lovely of you to start a fire under July's Birth Club and reignite things!

NewMommy Ashley - kelzntatz is looking for others due in July to join her, as this Birth Club's gone a bit quiet - she's dusting the cobwebs as it were!

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

• Options

I was aiming for amusing but seem to have achieved the equivalent of a stranger barging into your home telling you it's filthy, I'm sorry 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

• Options

Hiya,

I'm all up for clearing the cobwebs! How is everyone feeling now? I'm 31 weeks and things are starting to get a bit tough. Tiredness is killing me!

• Options

I'm 29 weeks and have wicked heartburn that I swear is burning a hole in my chest, I'm expecting to see acid on my top at any minute ;0) Is this your first or have you got others? 

• Options

This is my third pregnancy but second baby. DD is 2 on 10th July and I'm due on the 13th, so there's a possibility of a shared birthday but I was 2 weeks early with DD so hopefully not!

I had horrendous acid with DD and throughout this pregnancy as well. Cant even drink water without it repeating on me. Luckily I know from last time that the minute I give birth it subsides, but it's still awful and nothing seems to make it better (no amount of gaviscon!)

How about you? First baby or? x

• Options

This is my 6th (and last!) baby. Gaviscon often just makes mine worse, then the baby will move right behind it sending a fresh wave of acid up,  aaaaargh it's horrible! Mustn't grumble though ;0) x

• Options

Wow! 6 kids! Not sure I could handle that - hubby had to convince me to try for no2 lol!

gaviscon doesn't really work for me either. It's more around what I'm eating etc. 

sleep for me is a no go now as well. This baby is lying sideways and where it's kicking me in the hips I now have 2 lovely bruises. Starting to really hurt to the point where I called the midwife in tears this morning but she fobbed me off so that's that until my 34 week check!

• Options

Haha I don't handle it lol. I'm the same with sleep and now I've been told I've got high blood sugar.  Roll on 37 weeks (I'm having a section)  

• Options

Ah! What date will baby be born? Lovely that you have an end date in mind. 

DD was born at 38 weeks so I'm hoping I'm early again this time. It's definitely becoming more of a struggle now!

• Options

I haven't got my date yet which is weird because they normally give me it at my 20 week scan. I got the midwife to chase it up for me and I see the consultant on the 1st June so will know then. I reckon they must think that because I've had so many sections I don't need the appointments and are expecting me to just turn up when it's time ;0)

• Options

Ah. Have you had a section each time then?

I had a hospital birth with DD but it was an unwanted one, planned a home birth all the way through but right at the end had some bleeding and ended up in hospital. Very disappointed, it took me a long time to get my head around it actually (especially since I suffered badly with PND). 

So this time, as it's definitely our last baby, we are all systems go on the home birth. There isn't much that will stop me from having one tbh - not much that they can say will convince me otherwise!

Having said that though I think baby is currently lying transverse. DD was head down by this point so I'm hoping baby moves! I *really* don't want to end up with a section!

• Options

Yeah this will be my 6th section.  I really really didn't want a section with my first but the decision was taken out of our hands as our daughter's heart rate was dropping, they needed to get her out quickly or she would've died. I also felt really disappointed, I felt a failure like I hadn't done it "properly" but baby being here and safe is the main thing. Aw I hope you get your home birth, there's plenty of time for baby to move yet. Do you know what you've having? 

• Options

Nope, were team yellow! I have a very strong inclination that it's a boy though. call it mothers intuition but I had similar girl feelings with DD and I was right. 

I really hope its a boy as It really would complete our family (plus we haven't been able to decide on any girl names whatsoever!)

how about you? What do you have already? xx

• Options

Fingers crossed you get a boy then! I'm having a girl, we have 3 boys & 2 girls so will have 3 of each which will be nice. X

• Options

Oh that is nice to have an even split. I'd love to be right and it be a boy, but then we would save so much money if it was another girl lol